Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
John.des said:
But at least we are not far away from rock bottom, after that it must be better, maybe with a new manager from around middle of December.

If he doesn't pick up maximum points in his next two league games then his 'trajectory' is going to look very very bad. Worrying parallels to the end of Hughes' reign.

I still can't imagine a mid season sacking though. Would just be such a sad state of affairs. Then again one thing I am an advocate of is that once that decision is made, sack the guy straight away. Don't do what they did with Mancini and leave him in charge for another four/five months just to do it at the end of the season. It'll be messy either way, so once you take the decision, do the deed.

There's no need to sack Pellegrini unless: 1) The wheels come off totally and a top 4 finish is under threat. 2) A suitable replacement is available. When you bear in mind that it's highly unlikely we're going to finish outside the top 4 and there's a very limited pool of potential upgrades, an early sacking is very unlikely. Give the man an opportunity to turn this round, but get talking to Klopp/Simeone just in case.

Seems ludicrous to be discussing axing the guy who won us 2 trophies last season. However we live in the now and it's clear that despite Pellers positive words that all is not well. Has he lost the dressing room?, are the players confused and disillusioned with his tactics perhaps?.
Far to many players are on easy street and getting away with it.

We only realistically have the FA Cup to play for and a fight (on current form) to remain in the top 4. Chelsea will have it won by April no doubt about it.

I'd give the job to Viera ASAP.

Sacking the manager alone does nothing. We're in a worrying cycle at the moment and I think how we deal with it defines the club in a way. Good year, players down tools, sack manager, rinse, repeat. It's not the way to build the club.

I'm not saying that MP has to stay, he'll live or die on the results he gets. But to me theres more to it, and I reckon it's unacceptable that we have pissed away two seasons of the past three by Christmas.

moomba said:
Sacking the manager alone does nothing. We're in a worrying cycle at the moment and I think how we deal with it defines the club in a way. Good year, players down tools, sack manager, rinse, repeat. It's not the way to build the club.

I'm not saying that MP has to stay, he'll live or die on the results he gets. But to me theres more to it, and I reckon it's unacceptable that we have pissed away two seasons of the past three by Christmas.

Completely agree. There is far more at play and going on here apart from the manager.

Prestwich_Blue said:
baildon blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
Tevez? the same Tevez who decided he was such a good leader of men he could supervise the others from the golf course for months on end?

Barry? the man who no one has ever heard speak? imagine Barry attempting to give someone a bollocking?

Bellamy? the biggest bellend and trouble causer to ever walk the earth.

Whilst we're at it lets get Balotelli and Adebayor back as well.

Stick to number crunching PB.
I agree PB needs to stick to numbers
Good job my numbers are better than your English.

Good job this isn't the Countdown Forum.

moomba said:

Agree..What is it about winning the league that we struggle with? Won it twice and the year after it goes wrong? Down tools, arrogance, competency?

bluelassie said:
moomba said:

Agree..What is it about winning the league that we struggle with? Won it twice and the year after it goes wrong? Down tools, arrogance, competency?

Some players out of form, a couple of players trying to adapt to the team, silva injured, an average manager at the helm

3 out of those 4 we can't do anything but give it a little time

blueinsa said:
moomba said:

Completely agree. There is far more at play and going on here apart from the manager.

Yeah me too and the constant in those season has been the players rather than the manager.

cleavers said:
Mister Appointment said:
What is alarming is that the performances have since the 2nd half in Moscow gone backwards. And if I'm honest, Spurs was a poor individual performance even if Kun did give them nightmares.
I'm still suspicious about that second half in Moscow, it was very strange because it came after probably our best half of football all season. I wonder if we'll hear more of that before the end of the season ? Agreed about Spurs, Aguero glossed over the performance. I thought we were OK for 75 minutes against the rags, but the fragility came back when they had one decent effort. Something at the club isn't right at the moment, and its deeper than the manager or the players.

Your insight re Moscow is spot on mate.

First half we were excellent. We looked 'serious' and really put a shift in.

2nd half we were like a pub team after a stag do. There was simply no application, no professionalism and no hint of them being one bit arsed that they were letting qualification slip away. Had we won that game we'd have won the Moscow home tie and would now be in 2nd place on 8 points.

Something has to have gone on in that dressing room.

BLUEMATT23 said:
Seems ludicrous to be discussing axing the guy who won us 2 trophies last season. However we live in the now and it's clear that despite Pellers positive words that all is not well. Has he lost the dressing room?, are the players confused and disillusioned with his tactics perhaps?.
Far to many players are on easy street and getting away with it.

We only realistically have the FA Cup to play for and a fight (on current form) to remain in the top 4. Chelsea will have it won by April no doubt about it.

I'd give the job to Viera ASAP.

This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.