Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
Rammy Blue said:
I don't think they've downed tools, I just think they are incapable of being motivated enough to give 100%, and like a cancer it's now affecting confidence etc - best example was how well we played for the first 5 mins yesterday and then as soon as we make the first fuck up the confidence drains and we have a horrendous 20 minute spell.

It has to come from the manager mate, he is the guy who gets paid millions to ensure precisely that shit like that doesn't happen. That the arse doesn't go at the first sign of a set back - yes we're in a 'bad moment' as he keeps saying, but that doesn't explain nobody taking responsibility when things go a little tits up - well other than Kun.

I've woken a little more positive. The fact is that we have reached a kind of crisis point in the last four days. A kind of rock bottom. We don't need to level out, we need to swing up the other way after the international break. I don't think things are at the point of no return for him yet although it's very close.

For him to turn this around it'll be the biggest challenge of his managerial career.

I actually feel the same this morning. I woke up thinking it can't get any worse than our current form so onwards and upwards.

de niro said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Not sure why but I am feeling quite calm about the whole managerial situation and team today.
Just got a feeling that the players now know what is at stake.
Swansea,Bayern Southampton are now crucial games in the tenure of Pellegrinio and the future of a number of players.
I am just going to get fully behind the team and manager. My opinions are known and they won't change but I actually felt sorry for him on reflection.
2 week break,hopefully Silva,Vinny can come back into the fold.

every time i see silva mentioned i think why the fuck did pellers play him in the league cup. seriously fucking madness.

Yet you with others moaned when he didn't play a strong team against Wigan last season when we got knocked out the FA cup, he can't win, like I said the vultures are circling, he's under the microscope at the moment.

blueinsa said:
There were clear signs on the pitch yesterday that all is not well in the squad, in particular Kun was getting very pissed off with his team mates.

The frustration in Kun has grown exponentially in the last few weeks.

Thankfully he sounds like he's fully committed to staying at City for a few years. However we really need to get him a few more players on his wave length.

BTW as i understand it Pellegrini, Txiki, and Soriano head to Abu Dhabi today/tomorrow to meet Sheikh Mansour. I think it's a preplanned thing they do each year but still be interesting to see if the meeting still takes place.

Mister Appointment said:
Rammy Blue said:
I don't think they've downed tools, I just think they are incapable of being motivated enough to give 100%, and like a cancer it's now affecting confidence etc - best example was how well we played for the first 5 mins yesterday and then as soon as we make the first fuck up the confidence drains and we have a horrendous 20 minute spell.

It has to come from the manager mate, he is the guy who gets paid millions to ensure precisely that shit like that doesn't happen. That the arse doesn't go at the first sign of a set back - yes we're in a 'bad moment' as he keeps saying, but that doesn't explain nobody taking responsibility when things go a little tits up - well other than Kun.

I've woken a little more positive. The fact is that we have reached a kind of crisis point in the last four days. A kind of rock bottom. We don't need to level out, we need to swing up the other way after the international break. I don't think things are at the point of no return for him yet although it's very close.

For him to turn this around it'll be the biggest challenge of his managerial career.

Don't get me wrong mate, I'm 100% saying it's down to the manager.

I'm always of the opinion though that once it's gone, it isn't coming back.

Mister Appointment said:
blueinsa said:
There were clear signs on the pitch yesterday that all is not well in the squad, in particular Kun was getting very pissed off with his team mates.

The frustration in Kun has grown exponentially in the last few weeks.

Thankfully he sounds like he's fully committed to staying at City for a few years. However we really need to get him a few more players on his wave length.

BTW as i understand it Pellegrini, Txiki, and Soriano head to Abu Dhabi today/tomorrow to meet Sheikh Mansour. I think it's a preplanned thing they do each year but still be interesting to see if the meeting still takes place.

I posted earlier that the club is at a watershead moment with regards its transfer policy. Txiki works when he is given free reign to sign the worlds best and virtually any coach can be in situ and work with them. What we cant keep doing is having players forced on coaches who are not the best and who the coach probably doesnt fancy and expect miracles every season.

I know we have FFP but something has got to give going forward or we face this situation every 18 months.

Mister Appointment said:

Fuck me, forgot about that trip. Love to be a fly on the wall.

Mister Appointment said:
Rammy Blue said:

I'm just hoping we use the International break as a turning point, to take stock and go again.

It's like a boxer being on the ropes and the bell's just gone to save him.

Rammy Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:

Fuck me, forgot about that trip. Love to be a fly on the wall.

Assume it will take place and as said, what fall out there might be will be interesting

personally, i think its just too many players out of form all at once, not a lot a manager can do if a player loses form, pellers can only keep encouraging them, the players form will return, and so will city

Danamy said:
Mister Appointment said:
Rammy Blue said:

I'm just hoping we use the International break as a turning point, to take stock and go again.

It's like a boxer being on the ropes and the bell's just gone to save him.

My concern would be that we've shown no signs of arresting this slide in the last three or four weeks. Not sure what a two week break away from each other is going to do as this is a situation where the first port of call is to ensure there's a togetherness amongst the group and they are all playing for each other. Which to me doesn't seem to be the case right now and i'm not sure what going away is going to give them in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.