Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
The cookie monster said:
de niro said:
on the money.
This was all said two years ago yet posters on here were adamant they are professional sportsman and they wouldn't do such a thing
It was the manager who was at fault he's at the helm to motivate them, that was the line they constantly used, now its their fault though........

i didn't. i said at the time we should hoof the lot of them, can't have the tail wagging the dog. i even said they will do it to the next guy and they have.
problem for mancini is the chairman and co came fown on the side of the players, this time pellers is thier own man. lets see how this one pans out.

The trouble is Lord Begiristain has given our most inconsistent players juicy new contracts and he's bought a pile of wank on top of it.

This team needs ripping apart

Keep Joe, Vinny, Zabaleta,Milner, Silva and Aguero possibly Mangala for the future and the fucking rest can go for me.

flb said:
de niro said:
The cookie monster said:
This was all said two years ago yet posters on here were adamant they are professional sportsman and they wouldn't do such a thing
It was the manager who was at fault he's at the helm to motivate them, that was the line they constantly used, now its their fault though........

i didn't. i said at the time we should hoof the lot of them, can't have the tail wagging the dog. i even said they will do it to the next guy and they have.
problem for mancini is the chairman and co came fown on the side of the players, this time pellers is thier own man. lets see how this one pans out.

The trouble is Lord Begiristain has given our most inconsistent players juicy new contracts and he's bought a pile of wank on top of it.

Keep Joe, Vinny, Zabaleta,Milner, Silva and Aguero possibly Mangala for the future and the fucking rest can go for me.

Contracts with lower basic wages and performance-based incentives. Doesn't appear to be motivating too many of the lads this season.

FromPollockToSilva said:
flb said:
de niro said:

Contracts with lower basic wages and performance-based incentives. Doesn't appear to be motivating too many of the lads this season.

A new contract is a new contract whichever way you dress it up, the thought of Dzeko, Nasri and Kolorov for the next 4 seasons is fucking frightening, into there 30's and won't be worth a wank.

Can you imagine Klopp or Pep trying to get these twats to play a high pressing game if either one of them came in?

The cookie monster said:
de niro said:
Mister Appointment said:
I feel for Pellegrini tonight - could possibly have been his watershed moment as City manager. Lots of tell tale signs.

It's a shame as he's obviously a very good guy and a very good manager. But he will carry the can for that shower of shit.

The problems run deeper than just the manager though. We have some fucking dross in that squad who too often down tools at the first sign of trouble. Scary lack of leadership and urgency.

Thank God for Kun.

on the money.

A lot of us underestimated just how fickle some of this bunch are. Lets face it, they turned the tap on last season and win the league, and yet they're back to playing in treacle this season.

None of that changes the fact that Mancini's position was untenable though and that he had to go because he was becoming a cancer around the club.

But yeah, with regards the players, I gave them too much credit at that time. The last month's worth of performances like the FA Cup final against Wigan suggest to me that the problems run deeper than just at managerial level as I say in the post that Bill's quoted.

As much as i like the guy he looks totally bemused at the moment, the confidence in the squad is shot to pieces,

When you consider the games against West Ham, Moscow, Newcastle and Qpr we have never looked as though we deserved a win.

If we are to drop any more than 6 points by the new year then i think we can write off the title, considering how we have surrendered the league cup and champions league then we have only the FA cup to play for.

Not good enough i'm afriad.

Now he has two long weeks to think about everything. The upcoming games will come hard and fast, Swansea, Bayern, Soton, Sunderland, Everton, this 5 games will be between 15 days. (22nd of Nov. Swansea game, 6th of December Everton game)

One game every 3 days.

Worst case scenario:
We beat Swansea somehow, then lose badly to Bayern and out of CL.
Soton in their current form will probably beat us, they are a quality side compared to WHU or QPR.
Sunderland away, well maybe we break the tradition and win there but usually doesnt happen.
Everton home, if previous games like above our morale would be so low, so anything could happen in this game.

I dont think Pelle would survive this scenario, of course this is probably the most pessimistic scenario.

In the same time cant Chelsea not getting at least 3 wins, 1 draw in their 4 PL games. If Costa keeps up his form could be 4 more wins. (Sunderland, Tottenham, WBA, Spurs)

Mister Appointment said:
The cookie monster said:
de niro said:
on the money.

A lot of us underestimated just how fickle some of this bunch are. Lets face it, they turned the tap on last season and win the league, and yet they're back to playing in treacle this season.

None of that changes the fact that Mancini's position was untenable though and that he had to go because he was becoming a cancer around the club.

But yeah, with regards the players, I gave them too much credit at that time. The last month's worth of performances like the FA Cup final against Wigan suggest to me that the problems run deeper than just at managerial level as I say in the post that Bill's quoted.

Having slept on it, I've woken to the opinion that it mirrors the Mancini situation too much to be a coincidence.

The dressing room must have gone, there is no way that a squad full of players as talented as ours can all be so out of form without it having a direct correlation to problems with the manager.

I don't think they've downed tools, I just think they are incapable of being motivated enough to give 100%, and like a cancer it's now affecting confidence etc - best example was how well we played for the first 5 mins yesterday and then as soon as we make the first fuck up the confidence drains and we have a horrendous 20 minute spell.

Rammy Blue said:
I don't think they've downed tools, I just think they are incapable of being motivated enough to give 100%, and like a cancer it's now affecting confidence etc - best example was how well we played for the first 5 mins yesterday and then as soon as we make the first fuck up the confidence drains and we have a horrendous 20 minute spell.

It has to come from the manager mate, he is the guy who gets paid millions to ensure precisely that shit like that doesn't happen. That the arse doesn't go at the first sign of a set back - yes we're in a 'bad moment' as he keeps saying, but that doesn't explain nobody taking responsibility when things go a little tits up - well other than Kun.

I've woken a little more positive. The fact is that we have reached a kind of crisis point in the last four days. A kind of rock bottom. We don't need to level out, we need to swing up the other way after the international break. I don't think things are at the point of no return for him yet although it's very close.

For him to turn this around it'll be the biggest challenge of his managerial career.

Rammy Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:
The cookie monster said:

Having slept on it, I've woken to the opinion that it mirrors the Mancini situation too much to be a coincidence.

The dressing room must have gone, there is no way that a squad full of players as talented as ours can all be so out of form without it having a direct correlation to problems with the manager.

Yep, to much of a coincidence, there is clearly something wrong. too many players not playing anywhere near their potental.

There were clear signs on the pitch yesterday that all is not well in the squad, in particular Kun was getting very pissed off with his team mates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.