Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
grim up north said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Has he gone yet?
What's the latest?
Oh yeah,says he isn't worried about Chelsea.Not surprising really because any more bang average performances this season and we may as well hand the title over to them at the start of December. I don't mind giving up the title,but what I do mind is giving it up without a damn good fight. Both Pellegrini and the players (bar Kun and Joe) need to up their games at least 50%.

Yawn

Wow,you input is nearly as controvertial as mine.
At least I say it how it is and am not bothered what anyone thinks.
Pellegrini will not take us any further.
Facts are facts my friend. Backwards in both Europe,Premiership,Capital one cup.
Dress is up all you like.
He will be gone in summer

grim up north said:
Has he gone yet?
What's the latest?
Oh yeah,says he isn't worried about Chelsea.Not surprising really because any more bang average performances this season and we may as well hand the title over to them at the start of December. I don't mind giving up the title,but what I do mind is giving it up without a damn good fight. Both Pellegrini and the players (bar Kun and Joe) need to up their games at least 50%.

Yawn

Facts are facts my friend. Backwards in both Europe,Premiership,Capital one cup.

And all of a sudden more and more are coming around to this thinking

LJ75 said:
MP is a great guy, a true gentleman. Probably great listening skills too. I also think he gets along very well with TB and FS. He also appears to be a very pragmatic person, and I am sure in his vast career he has learned which battles to fight, and which not. And he is just too old to change, maybe a bit too stubborn too, despite pragmatism.

What he did last year was just minor fine tuning, and it worked. Everybody was pleased, and he was probably looking forward to applying the same formula again, only this time it's not working. More than a few players appear demotivated, tactics is not working, and if not for occasional moments of brilliance, results would have been even worse. There is no plan B, and he is probably under strong directives from DoF as to what type of play to develop (possession based, slow build up), as it's the system that suits Silva and Aguero, and it's also TB and FS's comfort zone, due to their background.

And MP, being a pragmatist, smart, experienced, and paid enough not to go against his bosses, is not doing any drastic changes. But it's not working and there are no signs that things are improving. I think he knows he will not be fired so easily, as it would send a wrong message to Peps and Klopps of this world. And they do not need to scapegoat him, as they probably have too much credit with the Arabs and feel secure.

So, both MP and the duo are just buying time, and there will probably be some sort of 'soft' exit at the end of the season, to appease the media and make room for the new guy. Pep is ideal, (although personally I hate to watch his teams, even managed to f..k up Bayern), but not sure if he will be willing or available. I would love to see Klopp, but he just does not fit in - different style of football, excessively strong willed...

But one thing is sure, it will not be boring, and that's what's all about.

Cracking post mate. I like it a lot.

I said something similar regarding Klopp and Pep and managers of that ilk. No way can we fire Manuel and then expect to hire either manager. We won't be the kind of club they want to join. Makes far more sense to get behind MP and see if he can find a solution and only reach for the sack button if we fall out of the top 4.

I'd love to see us come out fighting after the international break. Those players owe to the manager after some of the shite they've put on show in recent weeks.

grim up north said:
Has he gone yet?
What's the latest?

Yawn

Your input is not controversial all every single thread you whinge about something you are a serial bore.. It's a game it's a sport played by humans not robots

SHB will love him again next week, then he will hate him, then he will love him..................

We have to be really really careful of the thought of 'we've gone backwards'. You could argue that every single time we don't win a trophy.

I don't want us to become a club where we want the manager sacked every time we don't win the league.

What if next season we sign 3 world class players and win the league for the 3rd time in 5 years under Pellegrini, while getting to the CL 1/4 finals? We can't be judging the manager from 3 bad months in an overall very good time in charge.

FFP has prevented us from being in for Di Maria, Sanchez and Fabregas. We would surely have got one of them without the restrictions.

This is the season where we are feeling the 'pinch'. This is the worst it is going to get for a long time. The shackles are off next season and we will be able to spend around £100 million a year on new players while still being in the black.

Sure, this season has felt shit so far but top teams who don't win the league always say it's shit when they're not winning every week. Some United fans always used to say Fergie was finished every year they didn't win the league.

Would today's fans want Mercer sacked for only winning the FA Cup in 69? Would they want him sacked for only winning the League Cup/Cup Winners Cup in 70?

Allow time to have its day and not shoot our own after a bad period. Things WILL get better.

ManCityX said:
We have to be really really careful of the thought of 'we've gone backwards'. You could argue that every single time we don't win a trophy.

I don't want us to become a club where we want the manager sacked every time we don't win the league.

What if next season we sign 3 world class players and win the league for the 3rd time in 5 years under Pellegrini, while getting to the CL 1/4 finals? We can't be judging the manager from 3 bad months in an overall very good time in charge.

FFP has prevented us from being in for Di Maria, Sanchez and Fabregas. We would surely have got one of them without the restrictions.

This is the season where we are feeling the 'pinch'. This is the worst it is going to get for a long time. The shackles are off next season and we will be able to spend around £100 million a year on new players while still being in the black.

Sure, this season has felt shit so far but top teams who don't win the league always say it's shit when they're not winning every week. Some United fans always used to say Fergie was finished every year they didn't win the league.

Would today's fans want Mercer sacked for only winning the FA Cup in 69? Would they want him sacked for only winning the League Cup/Cup Winners Cup in 70?

Allow time to have its day and not shoot our own after a bad period. Things WILL get better.

Good post mate.

grim up north said:
grim up north said:

Your input is not controversial all every single thread you whinge about something you are a serial bore.. It's a game it's a sport played by humans not robots

lol

ManCityX said:

This thread needs more posts like this. Counter balance the obvious trolling by some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.