Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
LJ75 said:
MP is a great guy, a true gentleman. Probably great listening skills too. I also think he gets along very well with TB and FS. He also appears to be a very pragmatic person, and I am sure in his vast career he has learned which battles to fight, and which not. And he is just too old to change, maybe a bit too stubborn too, despite pragmatism.

What he did last year was just minor fine tuning, and it worked. Everybody was pleased, and he was probably looking forward to applying the same formula again, only this time it's not working. More than a few players appear demotivated, tactics is not working, and if not for occasional moments of brilliance, results would have been even worse. There is no plan B, and he is probably under strong directives from DoF as to what type of play to develop (possession based, slow build up), as it's the system that suits Silva and Aguero, and it's also TB and FS's comfort zone, due to their background.

And MP, being a pragmatist, smart, experienced, and paid enough not to go against his bosses, is not doing any drastic changes. But it's not working and there are no signs that things are improving. I think he knows he will not be fired so easily, as it would send a wrong message to Peps and Klopps of this world. And they do not need to scapegoat him, as they probably have too much credit with the Arabs and feel secure.

So, both MP and the duo are just buying time, and there will probably be some sort of 'soft' exit at the end of the season, to appease the media and make room for the new guy. Pep is ideal, (although personally I hate to watch his teams, even managed to f..k up Bayern), but not sure if he will be willing or available. I would love to see Klopp, but he just does not fit in - different style of football, excessively strong willed...

But one thing is sure, it will not be boring, and that's what's all about.

Cracking post mate. I like it a lot.

I said something similar regarding Klopp and Pep and managers of that ilk. No way can we fire Manuel and then expect to hire either manager. We won't be the kind of club they want to join. Makes far more sense to get behind MP and see if he can find a solution and only reach for the sack button if we fall out of the top 4.

I'd love to see us come out fighting after the international break. Those players owe to the manager after some of the shite they've put on show in recent weeks.

I'm with you here.
He has made errors but his players have let him down and certainly he's been robbed of points from bent officials.
Why not let him get on with his job,let him learn from his own mistakes and let's trust him to either geeup or get rid of players who Dont pull their weight. Then if we get in a couple of players of real quality we'll be back where we were despite platini and his corrupt refs.

A bit of luck on the the injury front wouldn't go a miss either.

Philipe O'Clier(sp) mentionee this on Football Weekly this Monday - he didn't think there was much in this, he called it a 'crazy rumour'

I've posted elsewhere that anyone who thinks that if we hire Simeone or Klopp and we are all of a sudden start playing like Athletico or Dortmund are deluding themselves. We simply don't have the players

I've just about gone full circle on Pellegrini and tactics. Rather than trying to modify our tactics I think he should just try to get back to the way we played at our best last year, even if that inevitably means that we will drop points in certain games.

Pellegrini is never going to be a tactical genius who can set up the team in different ways depending on when who we play. When we do modify our shape it looks under rehearsed, for example playing Kolarov in midfield against Barca. You dont get the impression that players spend a great deal of time in training working on different formations. The Yaya-Fernando-Fernandhino midfield seemed an obvious option to play in away games but when they played together on Saturday it looked as if they'd just been introduced to each other.

What we need at the moment is a big, thumping win to restore confidence. Stick with 4-2-2-2 for the rest of the season.

Sorry if posted.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfer-gossip-simeone-8094019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ne-8094019</a>. ?????????

cibaman said:
I've just about gone full circle on Pellegrini and tactics. Rather than trying to modify our tactics I think he should just try to get back to the way we played at our best last year, even if that inevitably means that we will drop points in certain games.

Pellegrini is never going to be a tactical genius who can set up the team in different ways depending on when who we play. When we do modify our shape it looks under rehearsed, for example playing Kolarov in midfield against Barca. You dont get the impression that players spend a great deal of time in training working on different formations. The Yaya-Fernando-Fernandhino midfield seemed an obvious option to play in away games but when they played together on Saturday it looked as if they'd just been introduced to each other.

What we need at the moment is a big, thumping win to restore confidence. Stick with 4-2-2-2 for the rest of the season.

yep, and for players to get back on form as a team. too many out of sorts and only one or two carrying them.

de niro said:
Mister Appointment said:
LJ75 said:
MP is a great guy, a true gentleman. Probably great listening skills too. I also think he gets along very well with TB and FS. He also appears to be a very pragmatic person, and I am sure in his vast career he has learned which battles to fight, and which not. And he is just too old to change, maybe a bit too stubborn too, despite pragmatism.

What he did last year was just minor fine tuning, and it worked. Everybody was pleased, and he was probably looking forward to applying the same formula again, only this time it's not working. More than a few players appear demotivated, tactics is not working, and if not for occasional moments of brilliance, results would have been even worse. There is no plan B, and he is probably under strong directives from DoF as to what type of play to develop (possession based, slow build up), as it's the system that suits Silva and Aguero, and it's also TB and FS's comfort zone, due to their background.

And MP, being a pragmatist, smart, experienced, and paid enough not to go against his bosses, is not doing any drastic changes. But it's not working and there are no signs that things are improving. I think he knows he will not be fired so easily, as it would send a wrong message to Peps and Klopps of this world. And they do not need to scapegoat him, as they probably have too much credit with the Arabs and feel secure.

So, both MP and the duo are just buying time, and there will probably be some sort of 'soft' exit at the end of the season, to appease the media and make room for the new guy. Pep is ideal, (although personally I hate to watch his teams, even managed to f..k up Bayern), but not sure if he will be willing or available. I would love to see Klopp, but he just does not fit in - different style of football, excessively strong willed...

But one thing is sure, it will not be boring, and that's what's all about.

Cracking post mate. I like it a lot.

I said something similar regarding Klopp and Pep and managers of that ilk. No way can we fire Manuel and then expect to hire either manager. We won't be the kind of club they want to join. Makes far more sense to get behind MP and see if he can find a solution and only reach for the sack button if we fall out of the top 4.

I'd love to see us come out fighting after the international break. Those players owe to the manager after some of the shite they've put on show in recent weeks.

I'm with you here.
He has made errors but his players have let him down and certainly he's been robbed of points from bent officials.
Why not let him get on with his job,let him learn from his own mistakes and let's trust him to either geeup or get rid of players who Dont pull their weight. Then if we get in a couple of players of real quality we'll be back where we were despite platini and his corrupt refs.

A bit of luck on the the injury front wouldn't go a miss either.

We seem to have an aversion to getting rid of players who don't pull their weight. We usually give them new contracts instead!

spanishblue said:
Sorry if posted.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfer-gossip-simeone-8094019" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ne-8094019</a>. ?????????
Manuel only needs to worry if there a snaps of Txiki having a meal with Simeone :))

cibaman said:

But that tactical change actually worked, it was designed to restrict the attacking threat of Dani Alves. After MDM's red card Kolarov was subbed off to reinforce the back four and Alves came into the game, scoring one and missing an easier chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.