Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Mister Appointment said:
Just so we're clear. Who thinks a 3rd place finish and no trophy will get him sacked and who do those people propose the club approach to replace Pellegrini?

I think so.
Klopp
Simeone
Ancelotti

Who would you like if and as you say at the moment it is an if Pellegrini does go?

Simione is a nut case and his team are a defensive bunch of set piece merchants the crowd at the Etihad would go mental after a couple of months and the ground would be empty after 70 mins.

Out of that list I would like to see Klopp in England but I think pellers is safe for at least another season I think he has earned that

I think Negredo has been a huge huge loss for us. I am still baffled as to why he wasn't substituted at West Ham when we were 3-0 up just prior to getting his shoulder injury. Anyway that's another issue.
I'm to this day baffled why he was even on the coach down to Upton Park considering the lead we had from the first leg, but that's another issue, and I don't know who we had fit at the time.

whp.blue said:
Mister Appointment said:
Just so we're clear. Who thinks a 3rd place finish and no trophy will get him sacked and who do those people propose the club approach to replace Pellegrini?

I think so.
Klopp
Simeone
Ancelotti

Who would you like if and as you say at the moment it is an if Pellegrini does go?

Simione is a nut case and his team are a defensive bunch of set piece merchants the crowd at the Etihad would go mental after a couple of months and the ground would be empty after 70 mins.

Out of that list I would like to see Klopp in England but I think pellers is safe for at least another season I think he has earned that

He doesn't speak a word of English and is totally the wrong type of character for Abu Dhabi.

The other two IMO are pipe dreams this summer.

whp.blue said:
Mister Appointment said:

I think so.
Klopp
Simeone
Ancelotti

I wouldn't say he is a nut case but I would say he is low down ion Citys list (if their is a list) as he is a little Manciniescque in his approach

Mister Appointment said:

I wouldn't know because until we see how we actually perform over the whole season and what luck befalls us and how other teams fare, it is not possible to judge.

Furthermore, a lot does depend on the plans that the club have. If, for instance, my dreams are to come true and Txiki has already had a nod and a wink from Pep that he will come to us after his contract expires at Bayern, City are going to need someone new in the summer who is either explicitly or implicitly on a one year contract, which may cause recruitment (and other) issues. You could also question whether having an incumbent manager with only one year left on his contract causes issues. The world is not perfect though so sometimes you have to make the best of it.

The end of the season though is a long way off and you have to judge things as you go along but without ever pressing the panic button. The team are on a bad run of form and we do not know how long it will last but I would be appalled if our club decided it had been long enough to prompt a decision to sack the manager. If it continues, a point will come where a change has to be made but I could not say how long that should be; just that I do believe the club should be patient and be seen to be very patient.

I am in favour of contingency planning so the club should have a strategy for dealing with the early exit of the existing manager.

ManCityX said:
chris85mcfc said:
ManCityX said:
Our fans would want Ancelotti sacked.

He won a double in his first year at Chelsea and then won nothing at all in his 2nd season.

If we won the treble with Pep then the next season we were 3rd in the league in November having not done well in Europe, then we'd want him sacked as well.

Some of our fans are becoming unbearable in terms of their expectations.

What exactly have you summised is the expectations of 'some fans'?

That winning two trophies in a debut season isn't good enough if we play badly for a couple of months in the following season.

So you think all is rosey?

whp.blue said:

I agree with all that. Atletico are Stoke on speed.

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

I wouldn't know because until we see how we actually perform over the whole season and what luck befalls us and how other teams fare, it is not possible to judge.

Furthermore, a lot does depend on the plans that the club have. If, for instance, my dreams are to come true and Txiki has already had a nod and a wink from Pep that he will come to us after his contract expires at Barcelona, City are going to need someone new in the summer who is either explicitly or implicitly on a one year contract, which may cause recruitment (and other) issues. You could also question whether having an incumbent manager with only one year left on his contract causes issues. The world is not perfect though so sometimes you have to make the best of it.

The end of the season though is a long way off and you have to judge things as you go along but without ever pressing the panic button. The team are on a bad run of form and we do not know how long it will last but I would be appalled if our club decided it had been long enough to prompt a decision to sack the manager. If it continues, a point will come where a change has to be made but I could not say how long that should be; just that I do believe the club should be patient and be seen to be very patient.

I am in favour of contingency planning so the club should have a strategy for dealing with the early exit of the existing manager.

Oh it'd be remiss of the board to not have a contingency.

However my belief is that once they've looked at the potential contingencies they'll see that there's two options. Either bank on wooing Pep/Klopp in 18 months and remain in a holding pattern until then, or move forward next summer if disaster strikes and take another educated punt as we did with MP. The latter just seems contrary to the vision/image we've been sold of the club as Damocles said in his posts earlier.

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

Furthermore, a lot does depend on the plans that the club have. If, for instance, my dreams are to come true and Txiki has already had a nod and a wink from Pep that he will come to us after his contract expires at Barcelona, City are going to need someone new in the summer who is either explicitly or implicitly on a one year contract, which may cause recruitment (and other) issues. You could also question whether having an incumbent manager with only one year left on his contract causes issues. The world is not perfect though so sometimes you have to make the best of it.

I think the difference with Pellegrini is he might be quite happy to see out his contract and return to South America, plus if it is Pep we know they get on and would probably speak to each other.
If Txiki is confident Pep will come then it would be a huge risk losing him by appointing another manager between now and then, especially if they believe he is the best and he ended up at Arsenal or worse the rags because we panicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.