Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
chris85mcfc said:
flb said:
chris85mcfc said:
With all due respect, he was all for seeing him get the chop a couple of days ago

In the cold light of day mate when you look who is available or who would come in mid season then we are kidding ourselves if we think Pep,Klopp etc would entertain us, listen we are all pissed off but realistically we have no other option.

Iv'e thrown my dummy out of the pram on many occasions with City and I still feel mistakes have been made on the pitch and on player recruitment but if it means we hit the jackpot with somebody like Pep then I'm willing to stick some gaffer tape over my trap to stop me shouting about it.

Pretty certain this sums up Mr A's view on things aswell mate.

My view is that I don't want him sacked, I want results and performances to improve regardless of who is in charge

Can he re-galvonise the squad to reach the levels of last season performance-wise? I'm not sure

Of course everyone is rightly bemused with what the problem actually is, but like I keep saying unless results pick up then we're just delaying the inevitable, hopefully those results come sooner rather than later

I'd settle for runners up mate and an FA Cup win if I'm honest, Manuel perhaps did a little too well last season as not many people expected him to win the PL in his first season,this has cranked the pressure up on him when in reality he's been the maker of his own downfall if you like,he's set the bar high with the fans and our expectations.

We have no other option mate but to roll with it.

flb said:
chris85mcfc said:
flb said:
In the cold light of day mate when you look who is available or who would come in mid season then we are kidding ourselves if we think Pep,Klopp etc would entertain us, listen we are all pissed off but realistically we have no other option.

Iv'e thrown my dummy out of the pram on many occasions with City and I still feel mistakes have been made on the pitch and on player recruitment but if it means we hit the jackpot with somebody like Pep then I'm willing to stick some gaffer tape over my trap to stop me shouting about it.

My view is that I don't want him sacked, I want results and performances to improve regardless of who is in charge

Can he re-galvonise the squad to reach the levels of last season performance-wise? I'm not sure

Of course everyone is rightly bemused with what the problem actually is, but like I keep saying unless results pick up then we're just delaying the inevitable, hopefully those results come sooner rather than later

I'd settle for runners up mate and an FA Cup win if I'm honest, Manuel perhaps did a little too well last season as not many people expected him to win the PL in his first season,this has cranked the pressure up on him when in reality he's been the maker of his own downfall if you like,he's set the bar high with the fans and our expectations.

Like who?
I dont know many who thought we wouldnt tbh....

The cookie monster said:
flb said:
chris85mcfc said:

Like who?

A cursory glance at posts from this time last year would make a mockery of that assertion pal.

flb said:
chris85mcfc said:
flb said:

I would settle for that now mate, but if we get moving sooner rather than later then the league is still far from over

The main thing is can he get us going again, if he can then great

The cookie monster said:
flb said:
chris85mcfc said:

Like who?

So you thought he would?

flb said:
The cookie monster said:
flb said:

Like who?

So you thought he would?
Yes mate, we were favs and everyones tip to win it, i had a very nice return in my betfair account on the last day of the season too
I honestly dont know anyone who thought we wouldnt win it, so i just found it strange that you said the complete opposite...

The cookie monster said:
flb said:
The cookie monster said:
Like who?

So you thought he would?
Yes mate, we were favs and everyones tip to win it, i had a very nice return in my betfair account on the last day of the season too
I honestly dont know anyone who thought we wouldnt win it, so i just found it strange that you said the complete opposite...

You must like placing big bets then mate! This time last year we were way off the pace and only really got our noses in front in the last six games if my memory serves me right, we hardly were ever top spot.

flb said:
The cookie monster said:
flb said:
So you thought he would?

You must like placing big bets then mate! This time last year we were way off the pace and only really got our noses in front in the last six games if my memory serves me right, we hardly were ever top spot.

I remember the overriding opinion in October/early November of last season being that Pellegrini was naive and that his tactics might work in La Liga but he wasn't going to win the premier league using them.

flb said:
The cookie monster said:
flb said:
So you thought he would?

You never said this time last year, but just for the record we were still 11/4 favs even after our bad start last season.....

Mister Appointment said:
flb said:
The cookie monster said:

I remember the overriding opinion in October/early November of last season being that Pellegrini was naive and that his tactics might work in La Liga but he wasn't going to win the premier league using them.

Be gentle mate, I was having another one of my moments!

Moving forward to January can anybody see us making a signing of significance or will we just say fuck it and spend in the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.