Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercity88 said:
Lescott was on high wages as well remember. People should take comfort in Mangala's debut for us. He was exceptional. The whole backline was on their game and he was dominant against the second best striker in the league and a FIFA player of the year nominee. That shows how good he can be and recent performances have been down to high exposure from a constantly changing defensive unit and a poor midfield showing. He hasn't dealt with situations with the same composure but he has shown glimpses already of what he can become. Lescott used to react to situations pretty well but any pressure on him would result in the ball ending up off the pitch. Mangala has shown he can pass the ball - his assist to Aguero case in point. Lescott's ability can be summarised best by watching the video of the City v Barcelona game last season. Demichelis gets sent off and Lescott comes on. At this point many City fans believed Lescott was better than Demi anyway. One of Lescott's first challenges is to play a 10yard pass to feet under pressure. Guess where the ball ends up?!

People aren't recognising just how constrained we have been by FFP and the homegrown rule. We've had to make tough decisions and certain choices that are perhaps detrimental in the short term. We had issues with fitting players into our CL squad because of our reduced squad size. Lescott had to go. Boyata has to be utilised because of the homegrown rule.

Another 'super' post mate.

''If it means sometimes to take a pinch, we will take a pinch and move on''

OB1 said:
cleavers said:
OB1 said:
Who remembers what is irrelevant. What is relevant here is that one cup defeat is far less relevant to judging a manager's pedigree than a whole season's worth of league games. Pellegrini lost to Watford at home last season and anyone who remembers that above his winning a double or remembers it more is a Muppet.
Wigan mate, we nearly lost to Watford....

See, already forgotten ;-)
This Muppet has not forgotten his tinkering at the back costing us again, but he obviously has.
A lesson learned is a lesson earned as they say.

https://twitter.com/GaffneyVLC/status/533552285667057664

Andrew Gaffney@GaffneyVLC
EXCLUSIVE: Pochettino is on Atletico Madrid’s shortlist to replace Simeone, who could leave at the end of the season.

Andrew Gaffney @GaffneyVLC · 4h 4 hours ago
Simeone has been at Atletico for four seasons now & he feels maybe that’s enough. He was upset by his own fans whistling his substitutions.

Simeone, next season.....??

CPNeRdp.png

BlueDejong said:
https://twitter.com/GaffneyVLC/status/533552285667057664

Andrew Gaffney@GaffneyVLC
EXCLUSIVE: Pochettino is on Atletico Madrid’s shortlist to replace Simeone, who could leave at the end of the season.

Andrew Gaffney @GaffneyVLC · 4h 4 hours ago
Simeone has been at Atletico for four seasons now & he feels maybe that’s enough. He was upset by his own fans whistling his substitutions.

Simeone, next season.....??
Very unlikely. Because he would demand control of the club, like Mancini, which the club don't give. The plan is to play same brand of football across the club. He would want to play his own style, which is awful to watch.

Pellegrini to be honest quite likely will see out his contract and then begins another cycle, with Guardiola perhaps.

MeatHunterrr said:
Very unlikely. Because he would demand control of the club, like Mancini, which the club don't give. The plan is to play same brand of football across the club. He would want to play his own style, which is awful to watch.

Pellegrini to be honest quite likely will see out his contract and then begins another cycle, with Guardiola perhaps.

On the face of it what you say makes sense but none of us really know what the thinking is in Abu Dhabi.
If this season turns out to be a disaster (I don't think it will by the way) and Guardiola turns us down a second time then
I don't think it's just Pellegrini's job that is on the line. Txiki's role may also be questioned. We haven't yet brought anybody
through the youth system. If Txiki can't deliver Pep and his signings have been seen to fail questions are bound to be asked
in terms of what he has contributed and if the Director of Football role should be all powerful.
I very much hope that this season's start is just a post World Cup blip but if it isn't then don't rule out somebody like
Simeone coming in and being given greater control. It depends how much emphasis our owner places on continual improvement
from one season to the next in terms of results and how much emphasis on style of play. I suspect his expectations of success,
especially in Europe, are very high. Probably higher than most of ours.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
MeatHunterrr said:

On the face of it what you say makes sense but none of us really know what the thinking is in Abu Dhabi.
If this season turns out to be a disaster (I don't think it will by the way) and Guardiola turns us down a second time then
I don't think it's just Pellegrini's job that is on the line. Txiki's role may also be questioned. We haven't yet brought anybody
through the youth system. If Txiki can't deliver Pep and his signings have been seen to fail questions are bound to be asked
in terms of what he has contributed and if the Director of Football role should be all powerful.
I very much hope that this season's start is just a post World Cup blip but if it isn't then don't rule out somebody like
Simeone coming in and being given greater control. It depends how much emphasis our owner places on continual improvement
from one season to the next in terms of results and how much emphasis on style of play. I suspect his expectations of success,
especially in Europe, are very high. Probably higher than most of ours.

This idea that we have to employ a 'nice man' who plays 'pretty football' is starting to irritate me. Simeone is a proven winner who looks like he's destined for great things. If he's ready to leave Spain and is looking for a new challenge, we should be all over this like a rash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.