Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponichi: City will help City Football Group member Yokohama F. Marinos find a new foreign coach with Yasuhiro Higuchi stepping down soon.

Does Pellers speak Japanese?

1961_vintage said:
Sponichi: City will help City Football Group member Yokohama F. Marinos find a new foreign coach with Yasuhiro Higuchi stepping down soon.

Does Pellers speak Japanese?

Fluent in many languages without saying much i believe

We must play better danielson

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Very unlikely. Because he would demand control of the club, like Mancini, which the club don't give. The plan is to play same brand of football across the club. He would want to play his own style, which is awful to watch.

Pellegrini to be honest quite likely will see out his contract and then begins another cycle, with Guardiola perhaps.

On the face of it what you say makes sense but none of us really know what the thinking is in Abu Dhabi.
If this season turns out to be a disaster (I don't think it will by the way) and Guardiola turns us down a second time then
I don't think it's just Pellegrini's job that is on the line. Txiki's role may also be questioned. We haven't yet brought anybody
through the youth system. If Txiki can't deliver Pep and his signings have been seen to fail questions are bound to be asked
in terms of what he has contributed and if the Director of Football role should be all powerful.
I very much hope that this season's start is just a post World Cup blip but if it isn't then don't rule out somebody like
Simeone coming in and being given greater control. It depends how much emphasis our owner places on continual improvement
from one season to the next in terms of results and how much emphasis on style of play. I suspect his expectations of success,
especially in Europe, are very high. Probably higher than most of ours.

It would be quite difficult to manage the process of Pellegrini "seeing out his contract". Unless Pellegrini decides that he wants to retire or move back to Chile or Spain. If he actually wants to extend his contract then it all becomes rather fraught.

At what point do City announce that Pellegrini's contract will not be renewed?

If they do it fairly early, say at the start of next season, they risk undermining the authority of the manager. He becomes a lame duck manager. Seeing out his time without the confidence of the club's hierarchy.

If we go into the last year of his contract without any announcement about a contract renewal then it will become the recurring theme at his weekly press conferences. "Have they offered you a new contract yet?" Have they told your contract will not be renewed?" "Do you want to stay at City?" "Have they told you who will be replacing you?"

It could all end up like Mancini's final weeks, but dragged out for a full season.

hgblue said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Very unlikely. Because he would demand control of the club, like Mancini, which the club don't give. The plan is to play same brand of football across the club. He would want to play his own style, which is awful to watch.

Pellegrini to be honest quite likely will see out his contract and then begins another cycle, with Guardiola perhaps.

On the face of it what you say makes sense but none of us really know what the thinking is in Abu Dhabi.
If this season turns out to be a disaster (I don't think it will by the way) and Guardiola turns us down a second time then
I don't think it's just Pellegrini's job that is on the line. Txiki's role may also be questioned. We haven't yet brought anybody
through the youth system. If Txiki can't deliver Pep and his signings have been seen to fail questions are bound to be asked
in terms of what he has contributed and if the Director of Football role should be all powerful.
I very much hope that this season's start is just a post World Cup blip but if it isn't then don't rule out somebody like
Simeone coming in and being given greater control. It depends how much emphasis our owner places on continual improvement
from one season to the next in terms of results and how much emphasis on style of play. I suspect his expectations of success,

This idea that we have to employ a 'nice man' who plays 'pretty football' is starting to irritate me. Simeone is a proven winner who looks like he's destined for great things. If he's ready to leave Spain and is looking for a new challenge, we should be all over this like a rash.

100% correct.

Lavinda Past said:
hgblue said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:

This idea that we have to employ a 'nice man' who plays 'pretty football' is starting to irritate me. Simeone is a proven winner who looks like he's destined for great things. If he's ready to leave Spain and is looking for a new challenge, we should be all over this like a rash.

100% correct.

Simeone has 1 philosophy which is play like thugs - his team basically plays like Stoke on Steroids. Neither are our players suites for such a style nor would the board approve of it.

bluechampion7891 said:
Lavinda Past said:
hgblue said:

100% correct.

Simeone has 1 philosophy which is play like thugs - his team basically plays like Stoke on Steroids. Neither are our players suites for such a style nor would the board approve of it.

The Board will approve of anyone who can take us further in the CL - It's Mansour's holy grail. They'll approve of a winner. Simeone is a winner.

just let pellers get back on track. if it goes tits then we look at others, this talk is doing us no good, the snooping rag media will have a field day with this thread.

Lavinda Past said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Lavinda Past said:
100% correct.

The Board will approve of anyone who can take us further in the CL - It's Mansour's holy grail. They'll approve of a winner. Simeone is a winner.

With the current squad we are miles away from improving our CL progress. I couldn't see anyone taking us further without restructure.

de niro said:
just let pellers get back on track. if it goes tits then we look at others, this talk is doing us no good, the snooping rag media will have a field day with this thread.

They're already doing so without this thread, Bill. Our next three games are crucial - If our performances don't improve over those games, the media really will be all over Pellegrini.

He already looks lost on the touchline - He's pretty much a spent force as far as this season goes. It'll take a near miracle to get his credibility back to where it was pre-Toure outburst.

Lavinda Past said:
de niro said:

They're already doing so without this thread, Bill. Our next three games are crucial - If our performances don't improve over those games, the media really will be all over Pellegrini.

He already looks lost on the touchline - He's pretty much a spent force as far as this season goes. It'll take a near miracle to get his credibility back to where it was pre-Toure outburst.

we need our injured players back and for pellers to start will the best 11. do that and we'll win all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.