Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
he was never an upgrade on Mancini

on a par at best

but he is being found out in the very competition that he would apparently improve us most in according to some

it looks increasingly like it might have been a downgrade after all

Bobby Manc is history fair enough but I don't think Pellers is the answer

A holistic fit for the owners he may be but where would we be if we had pushed the boat out for that non-holistic Jose fella?

Balti said:

on a par at best

but he is being found out in the very competition that he would apparently improve us most in according to some

A holistic fit for the owners he may be but where would we be if we had pushed the boat out for that non-holistic Jose fella?

we won the league and the carling cup in his first season. We can still win the league and the fa cup this year, bar the champions league he's done very well in my eyes. Yea we aren't playing great atm but every team has bad patches

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Balti said:

on a par at best

we won the league and the carling cup in his first season. We can still win the league and the fa cup this year, bar the champions league he's done very well in my eyes. Yea we aren't playing great atm but every team has bad patches

yes he is good

Bobby Manc was good too

but who is the guy to take us on to the next level?

If he is sacked tonight he can have no complaints. Tonights 'performance' alone is a sackable offence.

The club must make sure we finish in the top 3 at all costs, don't care who is in charge as long as we do that.

4-4-2 has proved so good in Europe that Pellegrini gives it another spin.
He's looking like a rabbit in the headlights of an oncoming car.

Still after Toure got sent off. Miler played DM and for the first time in the game we looked solid at the back! So I guess that was something positive to take from the evening.

Re: Manuel Pellegrini

Silva_Spell said:
deano ou812 said:
Strange how when he managed in Spain,his teams did pretty well in champs league,where decent defensively, and on a whole hard to beat,what has happened with him here where he also has had far more money to spend than in Spain...

His tactic seems to be just 'Go forward!!!!' It's like when he has better players that's all he thinks is needed.

We had 2 teams out there tonight, the back 4 and Fernando and then the front 4 and Yaya. Nothing linking the 2. It's not the 1st time either.

I don't want him gone. I want him to realise the damn obvious and do something about it. It's criminal how often our CBs are exposed on counters

Watched the Milner pre match interview and he talked about how the manager wants us to press forward all the time. Not change the way we play whether at home or away. 1st minute or 95th minute our philosophy is the same yada, yada. Which is odd because there have been lots of games where we have consolidated and not done the gung ho bit but it was the Pellers narrative when he arrived so I guess we are sticking to that at least.

Equally though you can be effective in attack without being god awful in defence which seems to be getting sloppier as the season goes on. Interestingly we had this convo last season along the lines of when the players adjust to Pellers system it will get better. Personally I thought it got better(ish) because we started to defend deeper which suited MDM but its all about opinions I guess.

My point about Milner was that he really laboured the point that the way we play is down to the manager almost as if saying '..and if it goes tits its not our (the players) fault'. My own view is that in the CL the players don't really believe in what they do or they way we set out to play. The amount of sloppy passing and hesitancy on the ball all betrayed a lack of confidence in the group and until we get that confidence we will continue to make the same mistakes and endure the same stunted performances.

I've said repeatedly that we need to learn how to play these games (and the refs) and adopt a system that works in CL games and build confidence. We cannot continue with this wing and prayer approach. Tonights game in terms of result, performance and total breakdown in discipline was our lowest point in the CL. The club, Pellers/Txiki and the players need to stop pretending 'it will come right one day', analyse the issues, work at it and sort it.

MP won us a double last season, largely with Mancinis team, and for that and that alone he deserves some respect and also some time.

However, it is now abundantly clear that he was never a true upgrade on Mancini..

That isn't MP's fault. It is the fault of the two amigos. As is the disastrous player recruitment after we won the league the first time and as is the poor recruitment this last close season.

It's also on Los dos amigos that we allowed some of our prima donnas to become bigger and more important than the manager with both Pellers and Mancini.

The solution, for me, is to replace both of them, get a DOF in place that will place the manager as the most important person in the dressing room and who will make it very very clear that any millionaire who goes crying to him about having to train for more than an hour and a half a day , or complaining that the manager isn't always nice to him , will be shown the door at the next transfer window.

Txiki and Soriano are to blame for me for this seasons problems and also those from the season before last.

They do not have this clubs best interests at heart and need to be fucked off Asap.

Just ridiculous now, how naive can pellers be to play a two man midfield containing yaya, who doesn't do any running or defending, in a CL game. It's almost as if he doesn't even research the opponents we are playing or even acknowledge the fact we've been shite in this tournament all season and need to adjust our game.

We've looked bereft of ideas and effort for 4-5 games in all competitions and fingers need to start being pointed at the manager, this isn't just one or two players under performing, it's 8 or 9 players in the side who are looking low in confidence and displaying bad form, I can only really think of aguero and perhaps Hart who are playing at their best at the moment.

This squad has so much potential but is delivering very little on it right now and that, in my opinion, is down to the manager.

Balti said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Balti said:

on a par at best

yes he is good

Bobby Manc was good too

but who is the guy to take us on to the next level?

This. And this.

Tonight was an absolute shambles and a massive embarrassment for this club

However these players have been doing this repeatedly in Europe. Can you blame Pellegrini for that?

Maybe. It just seems that Europe is not a priority for the players.

I'm close to thinking that Pellegrini has to go, but I am seriously getting p'ssed off with the players. They are playing like mugs in Europe. It's not one game, it's happening repeatedly and it's half expected. You laughingly think to yourself, we'll probably concede a goal in the first minute against CSKA and low and behold that's exactly what we go and do

There is only one word for the players and that's unprofessional. And I can't think of a bigger insult than that. The rest of football will be looking at City and thinking what a bunch of mercenaries, and you can't argue.

Is this a one-off, or are there going to be consequences. I'm thinking we're in trouble now. I don't think this team is ready to turn up at QPR and put a performance in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.