Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reacting to a big result like tonight is going to be crucial

I'm not confident. It's a big psychological blow. It didn't look like the players cared one bit, but I am sure that's not true. And the other aspect is that physically we will be weak come Saturday. That was a factor tonight and it will be a bigger factor on Saturday.

We could come roaring back, but I doubt it. And even if we do it wont undo what's been done in the Champions League this season. It will have to wait to next season, assuming we qualify, and after tonight nothing should be taken for granted.

I'd like to see Pellegrini stay, but it just takes one bad run now and he'll be gone. You could appoint the next Brian Clough and these players would still implode in Europe. Sooner or later this will destroy the team. We're going to have to start re-building anyway. It will probably take another set of players to make City's mark in Europe which is very sad.

Balti said:
yes he is good

Bobby Manc was good too

but who is the guy to take us on to the next level?

Vyt8jCp.jpg

IF pellegrini does go, is simione not a decent shout if we could get him or does he not fit the holistic bill- he's passionate, looks like the players play for him but he also doesn't seem to take shit.
You can see he demands from his players.

skybluepete said:
IF pellegrini does go, is simione not a decent shout if we could get him or does he not fit the holistic bill- he's passionate, looks like the players play for him but he also doesn't seem to take shit.
Simone would be my 2nd choice if we didn't get Klopp .

Pellegrini won't get the chop unless it looks like we'll miss out on the top 4 positions, he's sorianos man. and he has only one more season left on his contract I imagine he'll see that out too. I doubt the fans turning on him would affect that decision.

skybluepete said:

A manager who plays a similar system at Atletico Madrid and is known to be a loose cannon,

Ray78 said:
skybluepete said:

A manager who plays a similar system at Atletico Madrid and is known to be a loose cannon,

I could deal with the loose cannon bit if he gets the best out of his players and he isn't tactically naive - i like a manager with some fire in his belly tbh

skybluepete said:
Ray78 said:
skybluepete said:

I could deal with the loose cannon bit if he gets the best out of his players and he isn't tactically naive - i like a manager with some fire in his belly tbh

It is no good if the manager keeps getting touchline bans and we having to rely on his assistant and coaching staff for long periods of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.