Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't fathom what I was watching tonight. Manuel got his tactics completely and utterly arseways. The team that started the second half should have started the first and would have strangled CSKA midfielduntil they gave in and when we looked for a impact player off the bench, they were already in the showers (Jovetic/Navas). Then about 18 mins in to second half he goes back to 2 strikers.
Tonight he clearly didn't know what he was doing, apart from a good impression of a confused Wenger.
Also those 2 Barca lads have to take some blame for the team going backwards as I see it. Who have they brought in that's become a nailed on first team regular in the 2/3 years while here??...you could argue Demi but he was only ever a stop-gap. The core of the team is Hughes/Mancini/Cooks men still. I swear when I look at Mangala for 32 million amongst other signings I nearly begin to think they are doing a good inside job on us

Marvin said:
Reacting to a big result like tonight is going to be crucial

I'm not confident. It's a big psychological blow. It didn't look like the players cared one bit, but I am sure that's not true. And the other aspect is that physically we will be weak come Saturday. That was a factor tonight and it will be a bigger factor on Saturday.

We could come roaring back, but I doubt it. And even if we do it wont undo what's been done in the Champions League this season. It will have to wait to next season, assuming we qualify, and after tonight nothing should be taken for granted.

I'd like to see Pellegrini stay, but it just takes one bad run now and he'll be gone. You could appoint the next Brian Clough and these players would still implode in Europe. Sooner or later this will destroy the team. We're going to have to start re-building anyway. It will probably take another set of players to make City's mark in Europe which is very sad.

Unless we win the title its probably curtains for MP at the end of the season.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

It's possible he may already be a lame duck after the Bayern fixture.

You can tell he is feeling the pressure of sub standard performances despite his exterior

7-4-5 for the season and out of two competitions to date is just substandard for our expectations and its not looking good for MP for sure.

The season after we got three points from 6 games which is one more point than we are likely to get this year we won the title so all is not lost if MP goes at the end of this season.

It 's making a proper judgement call on players and manager.

Can either the current group or the manager take us to a competitive position in Europe?

No chance but are the owners expecting t under the current crop I would be surprised if that was the case.

Of course this year in Europe has been a major disappointment but these things happen.

Klopp has Dortmund in the relegation zone but flying in Europe.

We can't turnover 8 players each season and expect the new arrivals to make a roaring success of Europe and the domestic front instantly.

mancity1 said:
Marvin said:
Reacting to a big result like tonight is going to be crucial

I'm not confident. It's a big psychological blow. It didn't look like the players cared one bit, but I am sure that's not true. And the other aspect is that physically we will be weak come Saturday. That was a factor tonight and it will be a bigger factor on Saturday.

We could come roaring back, but I doubt it. And even if we do it wont undo what's been done in the Champions League this season. It will have to wait to next season, assuming we qualify, and after tonight nothing should be taken for granted.

I'd like to see Pellegrini stay, but it just takes one bad run now and he'll be gone. You could appoint the next Brian Clough and these players would still implode in Europe. Sooner or later this will destroy the team. We're going to have to start re-building anyway. It will probably take another set of players to make City's mark in Europe which is very sad.

Unless we win the title its probably curtains for MP at the end of the season.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

It's possible he may already be a lame duck after the Bayern fixture.

You can tell he is feeling the pressure of sub standard performances despite his exterior

7-4-5 for the season and out of two competitions to date is just substandard for our expectations and its not looking good for MP for sure.

The season after we got three points from 6 games which is one more point than we are likely to get this year we won the title so all is not lost if MP goes at the end of this season.

It 's making a proper judgement call on players and manager.

Can either the current group or the manager take us to a competitive position in Europe?

No chance but are the owners expecting t under the current crop I would be surprised if that was the case.

Of course this year in Europe has been a major disappointment but these things happen.

Klopp has Dortmund in the relegation zone but flying in Europe.

We can't turnover 8 players each season and expect the new arrivals to make a roaring success of Europe and the domestic front instantly.
Kompany and senior players should carry a lot of responsibility. It's carelessness on the pitch. Tactics are a red herring. The players are just not motivated in European games. Maybe City's relationship with Uefa and the fans antipathy etc has something to do with it. I don't know.

I'm getting seriously fed up with MCFC and most of all the supporters at the ground who do not sing on what is a crucial moment in the season. I can't get around the defeatist mentality of people in the stands who just watch a game as if they were watching it on TV

Can see him getting sacked whether if this poor run of games continues or not. Stubborn, tactically naive, and what not. The top honchos of UAE, aren't gona tolerate this, they can be ruthless.

Re: Manuel Pellegrini

Goater=Legend said:
We'll go to QPR and play the same shit formation and get passed off the pitch.

Fernandinho and Yaya out against Bayern Munich. No point in turning up.

Lampard and fernando and we will win :)

skybluepete said:
Ray78 said:
skybluepete said:
IF pellegrini does go, is simione not a decent shout if we could get him or does he not fit the holistic bill- he's passionate, looks like the players play for him but he also doesn't seem to take shit.
You can see he demands from his players.

A manager who plays a similar system at Atletico Madrid and is known to be a loose cannon,

I could deal with the loose cannon bit if he gets the best out of his players and he isn't tactically naive - i like a manager with some fire in his belly tbh

(Fast-forwards to Bluemoon circa 2015) "Simeone FFS always playing two strikers! Plays same way against every club!!!"

Because that is pretty much how he runs Atletico. Plus that Atletico system - you'd need to get rid of half the squad straight off and get in and bedded a whole new group of players that would fit it. One would be Dzeko - he would stay and a lot of our fans would just LOVVVVVE that I am sure.

Pellers is the least of the problem for this club. We are more or less exactly replicating the 2012-13 season both in England and Europe. Last time it was with a dictatorial hard case who fought with players on the training ground. And who mixed up his tactics much more (though interestingly if I remember correctly Mancini started at Bayern away with one striker as Pellers did this year at Bayern.)

This time - totally different manager. To me, one could be simplistic as all fuck and just put it down to "two strikers." Ooooh, so no Simeone and why don't we get Carlo Ancelotti! (looks at team sheet for Real-Liverpool match the other day with Tranny and Benzema in a 4-4-2). Uh, never mind that then.

No, it is the fucking players. It is the one thing that is a constant the last several years. If you want to say "Pellers" or his system is the problem I think your head is firmly in the sand.

I think our ownership and DoF are not the type to just go firing people after a couple bad results. And I am glad for that. That's no way to run a football club. Or anything else for that matter.

But yeah, a bad showing for the EPL and certainly I am sure they will look at making a change after the year.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
skybluepete said:
Ray78 said:
A manager who plays a similar system at Atletico Madrid and is known to be a loose cannon,

I could deal with the loose cannon bit if he gets the best out of his players and he isn't tactically naive - i like a manager with some fire in his belly tbh

(Fast-forwards to Bluemoon circa 2015) "Simeone FFS always playing two strikers! Plays same way against every club!!!"

Because that is pretty much how he runs Atletico. Plus that Atletico system - you'd need to get rid of half the squad straight off and get in and bedded a whole new group of players that would fit it. One would be Dzeko - he would stay and a lot of our fans would just LOVVVVVE that I am sure.

Pellers is the least of the problem for this club. We are more or less exactly replicating the 2012-13 season both in England and Europe. Last time it was with a dictatorial hard case who fought with players on the training ground. And who mixed up his tactics much more (though interestingly if I remember correctly Mancini started at Bayern away with one striker as Pellers did this year at Bayern.)

This time - totally different manager. To me, one could be simplistic as all fuck and just put it down to "two strikers." Ooooh, so no Simeone and why don't we get Carlo Ancelotti! (looks at team sheet for Real-Liverpool match the other day with Tranny and Benzema in a 4-4-2). Uh, never mind that then.

No, it is the fucking players. It is the one thing that is a constant the last several years. If you want to say "Pellers" or his system is the problem I think your head is firmly in the sand.

I think our ownership and DoF are not the type to just go firing people after a couple bad results. And I am glad for that. That's no way to run a football club. Or anything else for that matter.

But yeah, a bad showing for the EPL and certainly I am sure they will look at making a change after the year.
A fair post. If I think about it though, it's kind of a catch 22. It is the players but also the manager. The manager is rigid on his desire for 4-4-2 so he he plays it. Trouble is Yaya of this season does not fit in a 4-4-2. Last season yes and it was spectacular at times. So it's the managers fault for sticking to a system his players can't or won't play. It's the players fault for not being adaptable enough or hard working to make a system work.

We were under prepared for this Match.

Why allowed Doumbia, Russian Premier League Player of the Year, their target man a Free Pass!
His first goal could have been averted!
See his second goal too,

Those are Defensive lapses or Lack of Defensive Coaching Preparation!!!

We should treat every opponent in future matches with respect & preparation!!!

At the end of the day we still have lots of work to do!! Preparation & scouting our opponents & be less Predictable. We can't feed Aguero all the time & expect the opponents to let him score. We need to DIVERSIFY our football strategy & Approach!!! We have the Squad & Talent.

I can understand why we blame or scapegoat Yaya for every loss & adulate him when we win the titles & cups.
“With great power comes great responsibility.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.