Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant wait for the fucking Pellegrini apologists...to come on here with there usual Modus Operandi telling us all it is solely the players fault..Funny hey,It was all Mancinis fault when he got fucked off.

The buck stops with the gaffer.He sets the team up,he sets the mindset etc.Of course the players step over the white line but no,Pellegrini is not hard enough on this set of players.Credit aguero,demichellis and joe last night..the rest..awful.
He is stubborn and refuses to act when needed or change tac.
Txiki will sort it out is all we hear...fuck off.We have been going bacwards since the start of this season at an alarming rate.Just glad I took the decision to fuck the corrupt competition off this yr.

Would silva have made any difference?Im not so sure.

Edited so as not to cause offence to any apologists......

Bottom line is he can't really change it until he has the following six players available: Fernando/Fernandinho/Toure/Nasri/Silva/Aguero

Not sure they have all been simultaneously available, and the drop off in quality to the replacements and subsequent need to play 4-4-2 leaves us embarrassingly exposed. Even if he did have them available, I'm not sure now whether or not he would deploy them thus.

The chance of we just go into Pot3 next seasons draw will improve of such a bad CL fiasco. Especially if we cant collect some points in EL.
It will be win the league=Pot1, or dont wint the league=Pot3.
And then next year we will be in a group like Bayern-Barca-City-CSKA.

But about the game.

When I saw he doesnt change formation not even personel from the derby, did he really think that was good enough in the derby vs an expensive but mediocre United with two man midfield and with a defence lot worse than ours, will that gonna be same good vs a team that will sit deep, counter, pack midfield etc?

Pelle is so stubborn its unreal, but in CL we get what we deserve for it. And more and more teams punish it in league too, Stoke, WHU, hopefully QPR not the next one in line.

I fear that Pelle really does not do any research on opponets, he doesnt care, he doesnt set up the team based on the opponent, or at least highlight ther danger men, and have a bit of extra reaction to them. Nothing.

It goes back to Musa, striker of CSKA who said before the first CSKA game that:"City isnt that strong, we know them, we watched them, their big weakness is their defending, we know how to hurt them."
And they take 4 points from 6 against us...

Other teams do this too, watch us play, learn from it, and then they try to hurt us where they feel we have big weaknesses.
Did Pelle watch any CSKa game? Doubt it.
Will he watch a few QPR games from his season. Or just put up another 4222 formation, and hopes our star players decide it before QPR runs trough our midfield for fun...

QPR game is huge now, expect Chelsea to get 3 points vs Pool, so its clear we still have easier opponent away from home but ending up with Chelsea having even bigger lead end of the round would be disgrace from us.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I cant wait for the fucking Pellegrini apologists...Didsbury,Mr appointment to name but two to come on
here with there usual Modus Operandi telling us all it is solely the players fault..Funny hey,It was all Mancinis fault when he got fucked off.

The buck stops with the gaffer.He sets the team up,he sets the mindset etc.Of course the players step over the white line but no,Pellegrini is not hard enough on this set of players.Credit aguero,demichellis and joe last night..the rest..awful.
Txiki will sort it out is all we hear...fuck off.We have been going bacwards since the start of this season at an alarming rate.Just glad I took the decision to fuck the corrupt competition off this yr.

It's a mirror image of what was happening two years, but worse.

I like Manuel and will always be grateful for last season. But this season his performance has been poor. Our style of play is far too easy to defend against - we are dominating possession but failing to get the ball in the box enough to create enough goal scoring chances. It's frustrating for us to watch us time after time charge into opponents half then stop turnaround and pass backwards, we're making it so easy for teams to get numbers back. And this is without doubt MP's fault, he needs to show some creativity in getting out of this malaise but always says we will keep doing things the same - I admire his conviction but seriously every team we face has us sussed.
As for the ill discipline last night, sure it's not the manager out there pushing people over or kicking out but you don't do that if you fear your boss's wrath - he needs to throw some tea cups but I just don't think he's that kind of person.

Comparing Mancini's tenure with Pellegrini's is daft.Regardless of where the current blame lies for our inadequacies,Pellegrini is a decent bloke who still has the support of his players and employers.
Mancini was fired as much for reasons off the field as he was on it,he was a tool who was poisoning the club.

Pellegrini has not become a bad manager,however,whether he is now out of his depth maybe a justifiable debate......i'm not convinced......I certainly don't want to see him replaced any time soon as I still have faith he can put things right,he has to sort out our best formation and which players fit within that,but he also needs more luck with injuries and decisions......he also needs a few quid in January to bring in the reinforcements we are currently missing and,in some cases,we have been for some time.Major surgery regarding incomings and outgoings is long overdue IMO.

I'd suggest an assessment at the end of the season is the right call.

FantasyIreland said:
Comparing Mancini's tenure with Pellegrini's is daft.Regardless of where the current blame lies for our inadequacies,Pellegrini is a decent bloke who still has the support of his players and employers.
Mancini was fired as much for reasons off the field as he was on it,he was a tool who was poisoning the club.

Pellegrini has not become a bad manager,however,whether he is now out of his depth maybe a justifiable debate......i'm not convinced......I certainly don't want to see him replaced any time soon as I still have faith he can put things right,he has to sort out our best formation and which players fit within that,but he also needs more luck with injuries and decisions......he also needs a few quid in January to bring in the reinforcements we are currently missing and,in some cases,we have been for some time.Major surgery regarding incomings and outgoings is long overdue IMO.

I'd suggest an assessment at the end of the season is the right call.

morning glen.Im really not sure about him still having the support of the players mate.I actually think it goes deeper now.Could be worse though better to lose to cska than wycombe wanderers away...

blueplan said:
We were under prepared for this Match.

Why allowed Doumbia, Russian Premier League Player of the Year, their target man a Free Pass!
His first goal could have been averted!
See his second goal too,

Those are Defensive lapses or Lack of Defensive Coaching Preparation!!!

We should treat every opponent in future matches with respect & preparation!!!

because we never study the strength and weakness of our opponents. Pelle said many time, that players must be playing & stick to his own gameplay (so I assume, the same tactic everytime), no matter who is the opponents.

one thing so obvious, our set piece (attacking & defending) sucks big time.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I cant wait for the fucking Pellegrini apologists...Didsbury,Mr appointment to name but two to come on
here with there usual Modus Operandi telling us all it is solely the players fault..Funny hey,It was all Mancinis fault when he got fucked off.

I reckon he would have made a difference, given that he's both our best and bravest player, the only one who has, consistently, stood up to be counted in Europe over the past four years, while pretty much everyone else has been disappointing or gone hiding (Aguero and Hart have stepped up at times, the rest have been pretty consistently poor, including the likes of Kompany, Zabaleta and Toure).

Whether it would have been enough of a difference, I'm not sure.

As you say, the buck stops with Pellegrini, much as it always stops with the manager. But inasmuch as he may or may not have been 'found out' tactically, I think we have to concede that this group of players simply isn't up to it either. We just fucking crumble under any kind of sustained pressure - I've never seen a side make as many pathetic mistakes and boneheaded decisions as we did last night. Couple that with an almost complete lack of heart and desire, and we're always going to struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.