Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let the man do his job and show him some love. This time, he put the blame solely on the players, and he is right.

Anyway, what are the options? Last year's hero Klopp? Simeone and his anti-football? Ancelotti and Pep are unavailable anyway.

Or is it that this fish stinks from the head, so what about the spanish duo? What's their role in this?

de niro said:
This has nothing to do with Europe. We have been dire from day one of the season. Dire might be a bit harsh but let's say fucking bobbins. We've shown flashes of where we were last season but flashes get you nowhere. When we were at goodison and went one nil down I didn't flinch.I looked at the players faces,they had a steel in their eyes,a steel of champions elect. I knew they'd win.
This season there is nothing there,no fight,no desire and most of all these champions have no form. Why is that?

Something is very wrong.

I've not for a long time seen a City midfield so porous, alarm bells were ringing after charity shield as we were over ran time and again...everyone saw it but Manuel it seems. It's not just playing two in there, but also that the two Ferns are simply not good enough players...please stop kidding yourselves, they are crap.

LJ75 said:
Or is it that this fish stinks from the head, so what about the spanish duo? What's their role in this?

Ferran Soriano is CEO of not just MCFC but the CFG, and he's neither going to sack himself nor his DoF after one bad result.

If you look at the way they handled rebuilding the Barcelona team, it's pretty clear to me what's going to happen next.

As I say, I'd expect minimum six out the door from the playing squad next summer. Should've happened this summer but I reckon FFP put the blockers on that.

It's amazing...
Only on Monday I was being chastised by all and sundry on here because I refused to accept that Pellegrini had 'taken us to the next level'
that beyond anything we had seen before...

Well I have to agree - he has taken us to the next level. The only problem is that it's the next level down!

Mister Appointment said:
LJ75 said:

Ferran Soriano is CEO of not just MCFC but the CFG, and he's neither going to sack himself nor his DoF after one bad result.

If you look at the way they handled rebuilding the Barcelona team, it's pretty clear to me what's going to happen next.

As I say, I'd expect minimum six out the door from the playing squad next summer. Should've happened this summer but I reckon FFP put the blockers on that.
That depends on what happens next

For the moment back Pellegrini

Mister Appointment said:
LJ75 said:

it depends who comes in though mate? the homegrown rule could stuff us as well as this season clichy has been beyond shite yet kolarov would probably have to go for a new lb to come in!! in a perfect world my ins and outs would be:

outs

yaya
clichy
sagna
MDM
navas
edin

ins:

coleman
rodriguez
reus
pique
cavani or similar
pjanic
vidal

Marvin said:
Mister Appointment said:
LJ75 said:

That depends on what happens next

For the moment back Pellegrini

They'll back Pellegrini to the hilt, they employed him and they have the power to keep him in a job regardless of how this season pans out. I'm sure they can also see what we can see - that half the squad aren't fit to win the Europa league let alone the Champions League.

TGR said:
It's amazing...
Only on Monday I was being chastised by all and sundry on here because I refused to accept that Pellegrini had 'taken us to the next level'
that beyond anything we had seen before...

Well I have to agree - he has taken us to the next level. The only problem is that it's the next level down!

That's a great point. I seem to be getting pm's regarding calling people apologists for Pellegrini.. Jeez how sensitive are some.
Facts are facts,we have gone backwards this season,just like we did under Roberto after winning the league.
2 fucking points in the champions league. It feels like April fools day....
Well let the powers that be decide I say,and I think most agree he will be out on his arse in summer. Thanks for last season Pellegrini however this is about. Funny isnt it how some can only talk about last seasons double etc now...Fuck that,It's all about the future now

Mister Appointment said:
Rammy Blue said:
If Txiki and Soriano decide MP is going to go at the end of the season then at least we've got over 6 months to get tapping up replacements.

It's just impossible barring a collapse in the league that the club will look at Pellegrini's position.

More likely there's at least half a dozen in that squad who should get their contracts ripped up this summer.

That btw isn't a defence of Pellegrini, the buck stops with him and last night was absolute garbage. In fact it was worse than anything I've seen since Mancini's abortion of a 3 at the back experiment. We were clueless, vapid, running through treacle. It was mindblowingly terrible. No way that the manager can hide from that.

However the situation with regards potential replacements is pretty clear - we wait for Klopp or Guardiola. Otherwise the change isn't worth making because the next cycle of players need continuity and that will only come from appointing someone who can ride out a bad season without losing the players.

Anyway for the moment he needs to make sure whatever this slide is it doesn't effect the PL.

I think he will be replaced in the summer and would expect Guardiola and Klopp to be top of our list, no reason we couldn't get them.

whats for sure is he will never make us step up to the next level, i get what people are saying about players not putting it in and not caring, but man for man ability wise we are as good as most, so what is the reason we are not getting the best out of the squad ? it can only be the manager.
At this level all players are overpaid don't care, call it what you like, its up the the manager to get the best out of the players and that certainly isn't happening.
i couldn't believe how confident some people were we would qualify when in 4 years i haven't seen 1 great performance in the CL,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.