Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact, he went and played a similar team to the one he played against united is ridiculous United controlled the midfield in that game and CSKA keep & pass the ball way better than united = we play shit.

We also didn't have a creative player in the middle, not one. so he then puts nasri on the left. changes it to one up front and then switches back to 2. He's clueless, no plan B, no passion. And could you imagine the players being a bit nervous going to face him in the dressing room.. even Vinny this season doesn't seem to be lifting the team.

If the decision has already been taken to sack MP at the end of the season then whoever the incoming manager is will have a much easier ride!
Why? Because if our seesaw form does not improve we could well finish outside the CL qualification places anyway.
Last night was a very low point in the clubs 'New Era' history and the evidence on view doesn't support a change happening anytime soon.
The reality of the teams lack of good tactical guidance, commitment and ability was there to see well before the CSKA game, the last 20 minutes against the Rags was a stark example.
MP is in the firing line but he is not the only one with backroom input, Director of Football start directing!

The same happened under Mancini; the players dropped off after winning the league.

Is the problem the manager or players?

The players IMO, there's only so much the manager can do.

I don't think Pellegrini has been perfect this season, but the players are to blame for this drop in form.

Whatever happens with MP, if we can avoid the "I told you so's" and "look at me, I was right" posts we might avoid another few years of the same boring old manager bitchfests we've had since Lesley.

I hope it works out for MP, I really do. If it doesnt, it's not really important who thought he'd do better for us and who thought he'd do worse.

A few have been strong, vocal supporters of MP and fair play to them. It's their opinion, they shouldnt have to explain themselves to anyone.

Maybe then when the next manager arrives we can discuss him on his merits rather than settling years old scores on the internet.

Rammy Blue said:
I think he will be replaced in the summer and would expect Guardiola and Klopp to be top of our list, no reason we couldn't get them.

Your wrong because neither of those two managers is attainable this summer mate. If you think we should replace Pellegrini with someone else fair enough, but you can write it down now, we're not getting Pep nor Klopp this summer.

CityFan94 said:
The same happened under Mancini; the players dropped off after winning the league.

Is the problem the manager or players?

The players IMO, there's only so much the manager can do.

I don't think Pellegrini has been perfect this season, but the players are to blame for this drop in form.

There is only so much a manager can do but changing tactics is one of them and he is too stubborn to do so or is really a puppet on a string being pulled by the powers above and being told he can only play one way.

I

CityFan94 said:

Looking from the outside, the similarities in our performances to two years ago looking disturbingly obvious to me.

Maybe a mistake we made back then was not sacrificing one or two big names that thought a league title or a fallout with the manager was good enough excuse to let their own personal standards drop.

Just his picking of the team silva in the league cup how Brain dead decision was that plus the 2 in midfield and not given youth a chance pisses me Of big time

waspish said:
Just his picking of the team silva in the league cup how Brain dead decision was that plus the 2 in midfield and not given youth a chance pisses me Of big time

Crazy decision and has cost us.

The fact we didn't even have one young player on the bench for that game says it all.

moomba said:
Whatever happens with MP, if we can avoid the "I told you so's" and "look at me, I was right" posts we might avoid another few years of the same boring old manager bitchfests we've had since Lesley.

I hope it works out for MP, I really do. If it doesnt, it's not really important who thought he'd do better for us and who thought he'd do worse.

A few have been strong, vocal supporters of MP and fair play to them. It's their opinion, they shouldnt have to explain themselves to anyone.

Maybe then when the next manager arrives we can discuss him on his merits rather than settling years old scores on the internet.

Got to agree.
Sadly I don't think Pellers will move away from 4-4-2 with YaYa as one of the central midfielders with a major defensive role, so it's only going to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.