Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville Kneville said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Please can somebody explain the progress then?

Last season-CSKA 0-City 2
City 5-CSKA 2

Perhaps the blues who are backing him to the hilt could?

Or what about City 0-Stoke 1

I thought he was the manager then ?

Have I missed something ?

Presumably he told Clichy to try & get CSKA a goal ?

I reckon he told Clichy that his performance on Sunday was clearly a fluke and that he fully expected him to revert to shit for this game and as if by magic.....He did!

mansour's tow ropes said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Toure was our best player last night, and perhaps even on Sunday.

I've wanted him sold since last season but his attitude has been much-improved these last two games.

I would say the desire is there, my only fear is that his legs aren't.

+1 the fact he is back on twitter suggests a change in attitude and hopefully an end to his summer problems. His legs won't have gone that quickly, it was only a few months he was leading us to the title. There should be enough to get a consistent season out of him, then consolidate in the summer and get rid possibly and rebuild the squad. I too would have sold in the summer and bitten the bullet then.

It may be fitness not legs going. He is a player who peaks later in the season, I think it takes him a long time to reach peak fitness. As he gets older it will take him longer to do so. Plus a disrupted preseason doesn't help

Last season I loved Pellegrini, as I'm sure the majority did, but I am so far beyond bored of him now.

The obvious things, like lack of passion, failing to fire up the players, refusing to try the odd youth player even in cup comps aside, for me the main thing is his absolute lack of tactical awareness. It is actually mind blowing.

The problems with City though, run through the whole squad.

Can someone please explain to me, how in the 4 or 5 years since Dzeko has been at City, he's never been first choice for a prolonged period, and for good reason, yet the people behind the scenes let The Beast go and didn't replace him, thinking Dzeko would be the answer? I don't mind Dzeko, but he will NEVER be the answer!

In my opinion our team has got worse since we won the league in 2012. Fernando isn't fit to lace Barry's boots, he seems like a taller version of De Jong but without the passion and energy. Dzeko and Jovetic obviously aren't in the same class as Negredo, let alone Tevez.

This season
------------------------Hart------------------------
Zab------Kompany---Mangala-----Kolorov

Milner-------Yaya------Fernando---Silva

-------------Aguero------Dzeko----------------

Last season
Zab------Kompany------MDM-----Kolorov

Nasri--------Yaya-------Dinho--------Silva

------------Aguero---------Beast--------------

2012 Title winning team (Depending on who we played, and what system Mancini decided he wanted us to ADAPT to play)

Richards----Kompany----Lescott-----Kolorov
Nasri--------Yaya---------Barry-------Silva
------------Aguero-------Tevez----------------
OR
Richards---Kompany---Lescott------Kolorov
---------------De Jong----Barry---------------
Silva----------------Yaya----------------Balotelli
-----------------Tevez/Aguero--------------------

The only players currently fit to play for City are (IMO) Hart, Zab, Komps, MDM, Kolorov, Milner, Silva and Aguero. Nasri and Fernandinho need to up their game. Yaya and Clichy should have been gone in the summer.

As I see it, the only move Pelle can do now, is to play 4 5 1 against QPR, because if he wins, maybe he'll keep that system and it will save his job until the summer, and if he loses the blame will shift slightly more towards the players. But either way, the buck stops with him and I think going out of Europe will cost him at the end of the season.

Our team is stale, there's no new attacking options or anyone putting pressure on the players on the pitch to take their place if they have a bad game.

We need a serious shake up in the management and playing staff.

FFS, one of our best players is 36 year old Chelsea legend Frank Lampard.

FRANK F*CK*NG LAMPARD!!!

pavelsrnicek said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I've wanted him sold since last season but his attitude has been much-improved these last two games.

+1 the fact he is back on twitter suggests a change in attitude and hopefully an end to his summer problems. His legs won't have gone that quickly, it was only a few months he was leading us to the title. There should be enough to get a consistent season out of him, then consolidate in the summer and get rid possibly and rebuild the squad. I too would have sold in the summer and bitten the bullet then.

It may be fitness not legs going. He is a player who peaks later in the season, I think it takes him a long time to reach peak fitness. As he gets older it will take him longer to do so. Plus a disrupted preseason doesn't help

is he playing as well as last year ? no, but he is still 1 of our most important players and if fit should start every game, he unlocked United, he scored the great goal last night, we need him big time

pavelsrnicek said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

250K a week. Every week. 250K.

He's a ****. A professional ****. His best game this season was Arsenal away.

Interestingly, at the time, Dennis Tueart asked Frank Clarke "what the hell's going on with the team?" Clarke meekly replied "I dunno" and so sealed the decision to give him the tin tack.

He needs to find the answers pdq.

He may be an engineer but he is currently the architect of our downfall.

strongbowholic said:
He needs to find the answers pdq.

He may be an engineer but he is currently the architect of our downfall.

Absolutely. Managers must always take ultimate responsibility as they are the front men of their teams.

However, and this is where some of us need a reality check, you either get Klopp or Pep or you leave Manuel alone for another season to get on with the job. There is zero chance of him being fired for another 'maybe' manager.

Adebayor said:
Last season I loved Pellegrini, as I'm sure the majority did, but I am so far beyond bored of him now.

The obvious things, like lack of passion, failing to fire up the players, refusing to try the odd youth player even in cup comps aside, for me the main thing is his absolute lack of tactical awareness. It is actually mind blowing.

The problems with City though, run through the whole squad.

Can someone please explain to me, how in the 4 or 5 years since Dzeko has been at City, he's never been first choice for a prolonged period, and for good reason, yet the people behind the scenes let The Beast go and didn't replace him, thinking Dzeko would be the answer? I don't mind Dzeko, but he will NEVER be the answer!

In my opinion our team has got worse since we won the league in 2012. Fernando isn't fit to lace Barry's boots, he seems like a taller version of De Jong but without the passion and energy. Dzeko and Jovetic obviously aren't in the same class as Negredo, let alone Tevez.

This season
Zab------Kompany---Mangala-----Kolorov

Milner-------Yaya------Fernando---Silva

-------------Aguero------Dzeko----------------

Last season
Zab------Kompany------MDM-----Kolorov

Nasri--------Yaya-------Dinho--------Silva

------------Aguero---------Beast--------------

2012 Title winning team (Depending on who we played, and what system Mancini decided he wanted us to ADAPT to play)

Zab------Kompany----Lescott-----Kolorov
Nasri--------Yaya---------Barry-------Silva
------------Aguero-------Tevez----------------
OR
Zab-------Kompany---Lescott------Kolorov
---------------De Jong----Barry---------------
Silva----------------Yaya----------------Balotelli
-----------------Tevez/Aguero--------------------

The only players currently fit to play for City are (IMO) Hart, Zab, Komps, MDM, Kolorov, Milner, Silva and Aguero. Nasri and Fernandinho need to up their game. Yaya and Clichy should have been gone in the summer.

As I see it, the only move Pelle can do now, is to play 4 5 1 against QPR, because if he wins, maybe he'll keep that system and it will save his job until the summer, and if he loses the blame will shift slightly more towards the players. But either way, the buck stops with him and I think going out of Europe will cost him at the end of the season.

Our team is stale, there's no new attacking options or anyone putting pressure on the players on the pitch to take their place if they have a bad game.

We need a serious shake up in the management and playing staff.

FFS, one of our best players is 36 year old Chelsea legend Frank Lampard.

FRANK F*CK*NG LAMPARD!!!

Micah Richards & Clichy were the main fullbacks in our 2012 title winning side, & Lescott next to Kompany was a miles better partnership than anything since.

This season, Zabba, Kolarov, Sagna & Clichy have been piss poor most of the time, as have Mangala & Demichelis.

Yaya is playing ok at the moment. Not brilliant but better than any of those, & also better than the two Fs, Nasri, Navas, Dzeko & Jovetic.

Wernbloom reveals how CSKA targeted 'vulnerable' Man City

Swedish midfielder says Leonid Slutsky's side found it easy to exploit the Blues' weaknesses after playing against them so many times.

Pontus Wernbloom has revealed that CSKA Moscow relied on fast counterattacks to down Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.

The Russians threw the Blues' European campaign into turmoil on Wednesday evening as they ran out 2-1 winners in Manchester thanks to a Seydou Doumbia brace.

And Wernbloom insists it wasn't difficult for CSKA to exploit the hosts' weaknesses having played against them so many times.

“We know that they were going to come against us with big numbers and we know that they are vulnerable in the counterattacks,” he told UEFA's official website.

“We know this. We’ve played them four times now in two years and we know they’re going to give us space because like I said before they come forward in big numbers against us – almost eight men who are staying with two central defenders.

"We know that Doumbia is faster than them and if we just get out the press and get the first pass away from them, when they press us, we know we can counter them out and we managed to do that especially in the first half.”

Should give a partial reason wjy a few results like Stoke, West Ham and Newcastle.... Someone please tell Pellers and the team to sort a simple thing like this out...

But the biggest reason is pure laziness and now desire from our players...

strongbowholic said:
Interestingly, at the time, Dennis Tueart asked Frank Clarke "what the hell's going on with the team?" Clarke meekly replied "I dunno" and so sealed the decision to give him the tin tack.
Same sort of story with Hughes. Whatever he says in public is one thing and may well be media deflection but if he's saying that in private then he's going to be in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.