Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancini wasn't the guy to take us to the next level and was sacked cos he fell out with people so we got pellers(mr nice guy) but been a manager is not a popularity contest.

LoveCity said:
Many of our players aren't right for the way Simeone plays with some exceptions. Half of their goals come from set-pieces... they defend with 10 and like to counter attack while working their arses off. Even their winger Turan is a hard bastard who grafts. They're like a team of Spartans. They don't often control possession except against really bad teams. His style just doesn't seem to fit us which is a bit of a shame. Because his football isn't pretty but it works and would probably do very well in Europe. We'd be more like Chelsea without the personnel Chelsea have to be that sort of team. The City Football Group style is about beautiful football (in concept if not always in practice), control, possession, attractive on the eye attacking football. That's not the Simeone way at all. The DNA we've created for the club is more Pellegrini/Pep/De Boer/Koeman... with some adjustments maybe Klopp but gegenpressing could fatigue a squad with the schedule of City.

Exactly. Also, Simeone's setup is more or less designed to counter the Barca tika-taka - control the centre of the pitch with aggressive pressing, force the opposition wide. Basically force the opposition to play offensively like Simeone's teams do. Toss it in to the box, etc.

So a manager who would be best suited in England to play against the current City squad on defence and would be extremely unsuited for taking charge of our offensive personnel. Other than Dzeko. He'd certainly be kept. I'm sure loads of posters on here would love that.

Theres trouble at t' mill no doubt, say what you will about injuries etc, but this season we just havent looked anything like.

Reminds me too much of 2012-13, lot of sub par performances that season too....wouldnt be surprised to see the manager go the same way as Mancini if things dont start looking up sharpish, the owners want what they want sooner rather than later and performances like that are just not going to cut the mustard.

Getting beaten in our own back yard has become too regular of a thing, should be the first thing that is addressed....what the fuck happened to Fortress Etihad?

Annoyingly losing at home isn't something that seems to unduly bother pellers. Not long ago no one looked forward to playing at city, now we shower gifts on the opposition. We should be going undefeated at home from now until the rest of the season and again I don't mean draws with the possible exception of Barcelona, a 0-0 in that game wouldn't be a disaster.

From what i see he's lost it! Constantly huffing and puffing, looking to the sky and rolling his eyes! He looks defeated and dejected and that seems to be rubbing off on the players.

Cherry tree blue said:
Mancini wasn't the guy to take us to the next level and was sacked cos he fell out with people so we got pellers(mr nice guy) but been a manager is not a popularity contest.

He was arguing with people because they were not delivering.
They are not delivering again and it is criminal for the money they are paid. Attacking wise we are a three man team (YaYa, Silva and Nasri). if one is missing we struggle , if two are missing we are poor.

He's not adapting;

- plays a high line which is causing good defenders problems
- don't get me started on set pieces (attacking/defending)
- Navas plays every game and is shite
- rotating for rotating sake, especially the defend
- tiki taka with no end product

Hes in the firing line, no doubt. I don't want to see him sacked but I fear it's inevitable if this season ends with a whimper!

I assume that Chelsea game or Barcelona will be like his last chance to save his season.. When Yaya or even Aguero are not here or in good form, this is how we are playing, like if we dont have manager. Every games, same problems, but no solutions from Pellegrini.

Perfect Summer would be Madrid go full on mental and sack Ancelotti and then we swoop in and get him.

Not sure why everyone has a hard on for Pep and Viera.

Ancelotti has won it all and managed at Juventus, Milan, Chelsea, PSG and Madrid. His style of management would be perfect for us and he is loved by the press which is what we want as a club. We have the right personnel to play his midfield diamond.

But yeah, Madrid would be stupid to let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.