Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
strongbowholic said:
He needs to find the answers pdq.

He may be an engineer but he is currently the architect of our downfall.

Absolutely. Managers must always take ultimate responsibility as they are the front men of their teams.

However, and this is where some of us need a reality check, you either get Klopp or Pep or you leave Manuel alone for another season to get on with the job. There is zero chance of him being fired for another 'maybe' manager.
So for all those advocating change of manager, here we have it, the choice is "no chance" or "no better". Pep isn't leaving Bayern anytime soon, and while if we approached Klopp and Dortmund with the right offer, both might jump, but Klopp is currently below the following teams in the Bundesliga.

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
Bayer Leverkusen
Hannover 96
SC Paderborn 07
Schalke
1. FSV Mainz 05
FC Augsburg
1. FC Köln
Eintracht Frankfurt
Hertha BSC
Hamburger SV
VfB Stuttgart
Sport-Club Freiburg

With 7 points from 10 games

OK 12 from 4 in the CL, but many are boycotting this competition now, so surely don't care anyway.

The answer lies within I'm afraid, 3 defeats from 4 games is simply not good enough, nor are performances like last night, and Newcastle, but we have a management structure that has 2 1/2 days to work out what the fuck is wrong, and put it right. I'd like to think they're meeting right now to do just that, I'll very very surprised if the word "sack" is involved in that meeting.

Last night had nothing to do with formations, he tried about 4, with fuck all difference, the best being the 332 in the last 10 minutes, when we actually had a go, is anyone advocating that we start with 9 on Saturday ?, no thought not. Nor was it to do with rotation, same team that beat united nervously, but easily on Sunday.

Both are big themes in this thread, so nothing to do with formations or rotation, and all to do with players not being capable of doing the simple things, concentrating early on, marking professionally on corners, clearing your lines up the pitch not across it, not diving into tackles you can't win, missing chances you should take, and becoming silly twats because you don't know how to lose, ALL these are player faults !

Klopp is a funny one, it's almost the mirror image of our situation.

To simply point at Dortmund's position in the league, with 7 pts from 10 games, is similarly disingenuous as City's 20 pts from 10 games - Dortmund have been playing pretty well actually and you can tell that they are going to start picking up points where as with City our points haul is pretty good but it's hard to say that we've played well for 90 minutes yet.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Anyone can leave mid season if the compensation package is right.

1. Guardiola
2. Klopp
3. Koeman
4. Ancelotti
5. Simeone
6. Martinez

Non currently available however I would go with Vieira or Kidd for this season.

I agree that losses against QPR and Bayern and he will be gone. Then faced with Swansea home and Saints away we could be in serious mither.

It always makes me laugh how 1 good season or a good couple of months and suddenly names you'd never have considered in a million years are suddenly worthwhile candidates for a team aspiring to be the greatest club side in the world.

Koeman? A few good months at Southampton and all of a sudden you'd clamour for his appointment?
Martinez? A good season with Everton, along with an FA Cup and relegation with Wigan?

You'd really have these two as manager of Manchester City right now? Amazing.

Ancelotti you can forget about, whether you'd offer a monstrous compensation package or not. Same for Guardiola. These managers aren't at clubs who are desperate for money and would let them go mid-season to someone like City.

Klopp could be an option at the end of the season. Simeone perhaps too if he can repeat, or get close to repeating, last season's heriocs.

The fact is there's no viable replacement now. The fact that you'd even be tempted by Brian fucking Kidd for the rest of the season suggests to me that you need to think a little bit more about this right now.

Coming from a latics fan...Deary me...
Why are you so fucking interested?
Worry about your own team
If the owners want them,they will get them.

Are you not able to debate the topic at hand without needlessly bringing my tinpot club into it?

Actually, don't answer that. I already know.

I wouldn't mind, all of our opponents are now letting us in on the secret of how they are beating us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First it was Fat Sam and now the Moscow lad.

Not rocket science, survive the initial close down(when we can be bothered) and make one quick pass into midfield.

It's called transition of play.

We don't have one because everything is sideways, so it is still entrenched in the Italian approach imposed by Mancini. It's much easier to combat when up against no urgency or pace.

My issue is that Pellegrini was supposedly lauded for the high press and non-stop energy of his Malaga team?

Perhaps they were just plucky underdogs, without the expectation or ego, so they were able to go that extra yard?

we can still go through to the last 16 .. but not with pellegrini in charge.

a swift change in managment is needed .. pellegrini must be given the sack right now and be replaced ...

mastermind said:
we can still go through to the last 16 .. but not with pellegrini in charge.

a swift change in managment is needed .. pellegrini must be given the sack right now and be replaced ...

Just one question, are you named after the TV programme or the plastic board game?

Also cant see Simeone here. He asks first and foremost workrate by his players. Work hard. Nasri, Silva, Yaya would have to run 90 minutes no matter we have the ball or not. If not, and opponent attacks and Silva, Yaya walking on opponent field Simeone would find them in the dressing room ad primadonnas would make scenes to make sure he is gone just like Simeone.

Its very clear Soriano prefers a manager that is with the players and there is no chance players could turn aroud the manager. So any agressive, bit arrogant manager has no chance to come here in near future. Even if they are top class managers with proven track record.

Really the list of possible candidates are so small that it might save Pelle's job even for next season.

I also think Guardiola would be stupid to leave current Bayern for City. There he has no league rivals and can have a good, relaxed preperation for the CL games with good Christmas break, less games in league etc.

Pretty sure he wont leave them until he has one CL trophy with them. That could happen this year or next year. One of the big favourites of CL its clear...
Also not sure he instantly leaves them after a CL trophy.

Also there isnt any guarantee that Guardiola leaves Bayern and his next stop is City. Could be an English rival maybe too or back to Barca. And than what?

Not sure Klopp's system would work here. Workrate is crucial at Dortmund, the way they change from defending to attacks, with great counter pace, none of the slower possession based football we got used to since Mancini....
Would be hard to replace third of the squad at least and get used to a complete different style.

But we need to to something because we arent improving since Mancini best season when we won the league. We arent a force in Europe and this year just made that even more clear.

I think people are reading too much into his comments. Rather than slate the players publicly or reveal the in depth details of what the issues are he gives a broad and sweeping statement suggesting we just aren't playing to our capability in Europe and he doesn't know why. Are people really still harping on about the issue being 4-4-2 instead of 4-2-3-1? We've shown against more than enough sides that when playing well the 4-4-2 works. We didn't play that way against Bayern but our side should beat Roma and CSKA. They aren't better than the majority of prem teams in which that system works. We have been poor and the manager needs to sort the players out and try to address their confidence. We can see how we get on without Yaya against Bayern and we might have to change things up with different personnel. When we had injuries etc last season he changed the system but our best football has been with the 4-4-2.

I think we need to alter from it because it's just not clicked this season. Negredo and Aguero were brilliant together. Jovetic and Aguero is a new partnership but hasn't looked particularly good and Dzeko and Aguero can be hit and miss. Have we made the same mistakes as last time we had won the league? Failing to move forward? Negredo's 20 odd goals were such a crucial part of things last season. Aguero has never been prolific in Europe and neither has Dzeko yet Negredo scored plenty. Instead we have three strikers of which two play in each game. It doesn't leave much on the bench to change things. Particularly when Navas is already on the pitch and Silva is injured.

We shouldn't be in a position like this where we look so disjointed. I keep expecting for things to pick up but I too am worried that they haven't. I keep my faith in Pellegrini because he got things right last season and he has the experience with this squad to turn things around. We are in a position where we really need Lampard back because he seemed to make things tick! And Silva's return is desperate. This is the biggest test Pellegrini has faced in his time here, yet through luck or otherwise we are still in a strong position. Three points this weekend and Liverpool doing us a favour is a start. Can we beat Bayern and Roma?! Who knows but we are still in it and whilst that is the case then we can't be too down in the dumps.

shemnel said:
Klopp is a funny one, it's almost the mirror image of our situation.

To simply point at Dortmund's position in the league, with 7 pts from 10 games, is similarly disingenuous as City's 20 pts from 10 games - Dortmund have been playing pretty well actually and you can tell that they are going to start picking up points where as with City our points haul is pretty good but it's hard to say that we've played well for 90 minutes yet.
So to sum up, 7 points form 30 is OK because they're playing "well", but 20 points from 30 isn't because we're not playing well enough. Genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.