Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I checked the manager is in charge of the players

If the players don't perform then there's only one person to blame

We've been piss poor all season apart from a handful of good performances

I'd love to know when a knee jerk reactions turns into a common trend, as there seems to be more and more people questioning him every single week

mastermind said:
i didnt watch the game because somehow i knew we wouldnt perform. i havent enjoyed the football weve been playing this season.

we're out of the capital one cup. out of the fa cup. through to the last 16 in the cl but lets be honest, we were shit in the group stages. we are shit in the premier league despite being second and trailing chelsea by just 5 points.

weve been pretty much shit all season guys.

its time to wake up and smell the coffee . we need a manager who is a bit more sophisticated.

We also need more pace and players who can actually cause some difficulty at set pieces amongst other things.

mancity1 said:
mastermind said:
i didnt watch the game because somehow i knew we wouldnt perform. i havent enjoyed the football weve been playing this season.

we're out of the capital one cup. out of the fa cup. through to the last 16 in the cl but lets be honest, we were shit in the group stages. we are shit in the premier league despite being second and trailing chelsea by just 5 points.

its time to wake up and smell the coffee . we need a manager who is a bit more sophisticated.

We also need more pace and players who can actually cause some difficulty at set pieces amongst other things.

it was middlesborough .. not chelsea .. not bayern .. not real madrid .. it was middleborough.

mastermind said:
mancity1 said:
mastermind said:

it was middlesborough .. not chelsea .. not bayern .. not real madrid .. it was middleborough.

Or Bradford

mastermind said:
mancity1 said:
mastermind said:

Was highlighting glaring weaknesses that have been with us for too long.

I agree MP is at the cross roads.

I wouldn't be surprised if moves are a foot to sound out his replacement and if the target is available to start next season.

grim up north said:
mastermind said:
mancity1 said:

Or Bradford
I wonder how many changes both us and Chelsea make for Saturday.........

I reckon 9, maybe 8 for Chelsea.

Us maybe 4.

Mister Appointment said:
Shouldn't have opened this thread. Usual suspects showed themselves up last night as being clueless dickheads.

Same old shite. "Found out" "lost the dressing room" blah blah blah. We've been here three times under Pellegrini and he's ridden every storm out.

People should get used to something. HE won't be going anywhere before the summer of 2016. Bookmark this post. Write it down, I don't give a fuck. But accept it because it is what will happen.

Pellegrini got precisely fuck all wrong yesterday. The players didn't perform, not for the first time, in a domestic cup competition. The manager will carry the can but the explosion of fuckwittery in this thread about how terrible Pellegrini is completely belies the fact he won a double last season, and there's no reason we can't win the title and the CL this season.

Most of the knee jerkers simply judge him on his worst performance completely ignoring the months and months of top performances/results. It's embarrassing and it's predictable. Still we beat Chelsea and they'll all crawl back under their rocks until our next defeat.

I'm not saying it is what will happen but if we capitulate in the league and lose it to Chelsea by 8/10 points, whilst not winning the Chumps, then I'd be astonished if MP makes it through to the beginning of next season.

You say that he got fuck all wrong, however I think a few have valid points that we should have played strongest 11 - might be wrong but pretty sure you advocated as such earlier in the week?

I just find it sits easier to take a balanced view and not get so entrenched at one end of the argument. I can't help but agree to a certain degree that our home football is nowhere near the quality it has been the last few years and that even excluding FFP we should have improved our squad in the right places in order to allow us alternative ways of playing.

I certainly don't think the sky is falling in, and I'm confident we'll have a decent summer in re-shaping the squad, but I can't say for one minute that I've been overly impressed too often this season in our levels of performance.

One of MP's biggest errors, imo, has been not sticking to a back 4. He's rotated for rotation's sake far too often this season and it's cost us.

mancity1 said:
mastermind said:
mancity1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if moves are a foot to sound out his replacement and if the target is available to start next season.

Be prepared to be surprised

mancity1 said:
mastermind said:
mancity1 said:

we need one of the elite managers. pellegrini looks like an apprentice, somebody who is still learning the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.