Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
leftpeg said:
She said he was a right miserable get and hardly spoke two words. I said I am not surprised as we've been beat 0-2 in the last two games.

So she expected him to strike up a conversation with her? I rarely talk to the cabin crew when I am on a flight unless they speak to me or I need something!! And I think a lot of people will tell you I am not a miserable person, just someone who respects people when they are carrying out their job and lets them get on with it in peace!!

The people I know who have actually met and spoken at length with Mr Pellegrini say what a witty and friendly person he is. :-)

Plus, your observation that he could have been quiet because of 2 losses in 2 games might have been right!!

For me, Pellers has never been a particularly good tactician. I've seen him do some very strange things in big games, such as playing Demichelis in a single-pivot against a rampant Chelsea, and sticking Kolarov at left-wing against Barca. He doesn't seem to be excellent at setting up a compact defence like Mourinho or Simeone, or making excellent attacking mechanisms like Ancelloti. Nor is he a top innovator like Guardiola. Okay, we do pass the ball well, but we do have the most technically gifted players in a league full of kick and rush merchants. We passed the ball equally well under Mancini.

I think Pellegrini, as a manager, is excellent at managing people. I think much of our success last season came from the players feeling loved and being instilled with confidence, as opposed to a tangible improvement in tactics. Unfortunately, it now appears that the initial psychological effects of Pellegrini's good man-management are starting to wear off, and his tactical naivety is being truly exposed. If the players are beginning to lose faith in him, I don't believe that he has the tactical and technical skills to illicit a real improvement in performance. I hope I am wrong, as I think the club would like to see him stay until Pep becomes available.

Bluewonder said:
For me, Pellers has never been a particularly good tactician. I've seen him do some very strange things in big games, such as playing1 Demichelis in a single-pivot against a rampant Chelsea, and sticking 2 Kolarov at left-wing against Barca. He doesn't seem to be excellent at setting up a compact defence like Mourinho or Simeone, or making excellent attacking mechanisms like Ancelloti. Nor is he a top innovator like Guardiola. Okay, we do pass the ball well, but we do have the most technically gifted players in a league full of kick and rush merchants. We passed the ball equally well under Mancini.

I think Pellegrini, as a manager, is excellent at managing people. I think much of our success last season came from the players feeling loved and being instilled with confidence, as opposed to a tangible improvement in tactics. Unfortunately, it now appears that the initial psychological effects of Pellegrini's good man-management are starting to wear off, and his tactical naivety is being truly exposed. If the players are beginning to lose faith in him, I don't believe that he has the tactical and technical skills to illicit a real improvement in performance. I hope I am wrong, as I think the club would like to see him stay until Pep becomes available.

1. as against playing?

2. although i dont agree with the negative decision, it was working well until kompany played messi onside

bluechampion7891 said:
Bluewonder said:
For me, Pellers has never been a particularly good tactician. I've seen him do some very strange things in big games, such as playing1 Demichelis in a single-pivot against a rampant Chelsea, and sticking 2 Kolarov at left-wing against Barca. He doesn't seem to be excellent at setting up a compact defence like Mourinho or Simeone, or making excellent attacking mechanisms like Ancelloti. Nor is he a top innovator like Guardiola. Okay, we do pass the ball well, but we do have the most technically gifted players in a league full of kick and rush merchants. We passed the ball equally well under Mancini.

1. as against playing?

2. although i dont agree with the negative decision, it was working well until kompany played messi onside

1. Dropping one of Negredo/ Dzeko for Milner (who was on the bench), and moving Silva into AM to allow Yaya to play alongside Demichelis in the pivot.

2. Milner could've done the same job defensively whilst providing more attacking threat and better ball circulation than Kolarov.

So, Pellegrini is a good guy and a good man manager but from a tactical perspective? He seems worse than Mancini, Mourinho & Simeone for example.

You rarely see him adjust things in the game or make changes earlier than they should be, sometimes leaving it too late (70th minute+) He's made multiple strange subs also. I've never really been convinced about him, sad to say considering he's won us a title and a cup. I just don't think he can take us to the next level.

Recently the team has been playing some poor football, it's like there's no organization and plan on the field. The defending has been the worst part but our play going forward has been slow and predictable.

Bluewonder said:
For me, Pellers has never been a particularly good tactician. I've seen him do some very strange things in big games, such as playing Demichelis in a single-pivot against a rampant Chelsea, and sticking Kolarov at left-wing against Barca. He doesn't seem to be excellent at setting up a compact defence like Mourinho or Simeone, or making excellent attacking mechanisms like Ancelloti. Nor is he a top innovator like Guardiola. Okay, we do pass the ball well, but we do have the most technically gifted players in a league full of kick and rush merchants. We passed the ball equally well under Mancini.

he's good but is still learning.

im a big fan of his football style but for whatever reasons he hasnt been able to implement his ideas very well.

Bluewonder said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Bluewonder said:

1. as against playing?

1. Dropping one of Negredo/ Dzeko for Milner (who was on the bench), and moving Silva into AM to allow Yaya to play alongside Demichelis in the pivot.

2. Milner could've done the same job defensively whilst providing more attacking threat and better ball circulation than Kolarov.

1. I am postive Milner would have played had he been fit. I am sure he was on the bench only as an emergency: the fact that he didnt come on (I only remember 1 sub and the was jovetic) proves it. he was injured before and he played the next game v Norwich where he was completely shit.

2. I think Kolarov's crosses were part of the reason why he was started. he was driving thos low balls suprbly last season

J_Bow said:
So, Pellegrini is a good guy and a good man manager but from a tactical perspective? He seems worse than Mancini, Mourinho & Simeone for example.

You rarely see him adjust things in the game or make changes earlier than they should be, sometimes leaving it too late (70th minute+) He's made multiple strange subs also. I've never really been convinced about him, sad to say considering he's won us a title and a cup. I just don't think he can take us to the next level.

Recently the team has been playing some poor football, it's like there's no organization and plan on the field. The defending has been the worst part but our play going forward has been slow and predictable.

Too true

Under Mancini I didn't necessarily agree with his tactics, but I understood them. From virtually the first minute of his first game in charge, it was obvious that he had worked on our defensive strategy. That meant clean sheets and how many games did we score first and never even look like losing?

Recently we have stopped scoring and started conceding stupid goals.. Hopefully Bony will give us some impetus, but for the moment Pellegrini's style is beginning to resemble the latter days of the Sven era.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
J_Bow said:

Too true

Under Mancini I didn't necessarily agree with his tactics, but I understood them. From virtually the first minute of his first game in charge, it was obvious that he had worked on our defensive strategy. That meant clean sheets and how many games did we score first and never even look like losing?

Recently we have stopped scoring and started conceding stupid goals.. Hopefully Bony will give us some impetus, but for the moment Pellegrini's style is beginning to resemble the latter days of the Sven era.

In the 12/13 season under Mancini we conceded 15 goals at home, 33 altogether. This season we've conceded 11 goals at home already and 22 altogether. Defense has been shit this season and work needs to be done. He wasn't helped by txiki with the signings this season by bringing in Fernando, who's worse than garcia imo. We should be buying world class players IMO. Real Madrid bougt kroos, Bayern bought Alonso, rags bought di maria (even though hes been shit this season) arsenal bought Sanchez, Chelsea bought Costa and fabregas, we buy Fernando.

Should be interesting what happens on Saturday, if we lose I can't see him with us next season because it would be likely we won't win the league and there's definitely no chance of us winning the CL, plus we're out of both domestic cups.

I don't want him gone but if he gets sacked I won't be arsed!

I've always preferred Mancini and always will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.