Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
Every team has blips in the course of a season.

Two game in is this a blip or something more serious? The squad has never been stronger so I think in a few games times we'll be back, but the danger is that too much damage could be done by then.

Pellegrini is a good manager. The problems we have had this season are

a) Starting the season playing catch up fitness wise
b) Injuries to strikers - which was massive
c) Natural complacency after winning 2 trophies. Players like Kompany are sitting back smoking cigars. Ferguson's solution was to change key personnel every season. Man Utd had Keane. Chelsea had Lampard and Terry. Arsenal had Vieira. We have Kompany. What we're lacking at the moment is leadership on the pitch. The most important character in our team at the moment is Yaya Toure.......and half of you have spent 6 months wanting him out when he is absolutely vital

Still think we'll bounce back as we have in most recent seasons

Agreed but good is not enough to where the owners want this club.

He has done what he set out to do and sometimes you can do that in two seasons as opposed to the three year deal he signed.

At his age and where his managerial career will take him in the future he won't be too concerned if he gets a tap on the shoulder before seasons end.

If we don't have anybody better then fair enough but we should be lookng for world class managers now in our next step if we are to get serious about Europe and serious about getting more world class players to support Kun, Silva and Bony and Yaya ( although I think he wlll be sold in the summer) our only players we have presently decent enough to represent us in the final.

FantasyIreland said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
They think he's clueless tactically, his substitutions are strange, and his policy of continually rotating the team frustrating.

The rotation is so frustrating,its cost us before and it cost us yesterday.I'd imagine one of our resident Stato's could produce the info that shows we have probably played more differing combinations than any other team in the league.
And it certainly hasn't always been out of necessity.

It definitely wasn't necessary yesterday. We had a full week to prepare for Chelsea. We've got to stop taking these championship sides and domestic cups too lightly. Before you know it all we'll be left with is a mad scramble for a top four place.

ManCityX said:
de niro said:
IWasHere said:
In the 12/13 season under Mancini we conceded 15 goals at home, 33 altogether. This season we've conceded 11 goals at home already and 22 altogether. Defense has been shit this season and work needs to be done. He wasn't helped by txiki with the signings this season by bringing in Fernando, who's worse than garcia imo. We should be buying world class players IMO. Real Madrid bougt kroos, Bayern bought Alonso, rags bought di maria (even though hes been shit this season) arsenal bought Sanchez, Chelsea bought Costa and fabregas, we buy Fernando.

Should be interesting what happens on Saturday, if we lose I can't see him with us next season because it would be likely we won't win the league and there's definitely no chance of us winning the CL, plus we're out of both domestic cups.

I don't want him gone but if he gets sacked I won't be arsed!

I've always preferred Mancini and always will

I could have written this post.

Well said.

Except when Mancini was manager all you did was slag him off and say you preferred Hughes.

Weird.

Wrong.
I said it was a disgrace the way Hughes was sacked. I also said Hughes wasn't given enough time. I was sick of the the chopping and changing managers for over 20 years.
I didn't fancy Mancini one bit and his negative start to his tenure made it worse. He also rotated far too often.once he'd got a grip of the prem he was brilliant and I said so. By the time he was sacked,another pathetic embarrassing episode from city,I was right behind him. As I am with pellers, the man knows the game inside out but Dont anyone tell me he's better than bobby cos he's not. Better in as much he handle's the press well and there are no more crazy antics in training but tactically bob buries him.

de niro said:
ManCityX said:
de niro said:

Well said.

Except when Mancini was manager all you did was slag him off and say you preferred Hughes.

Weird.

Wrong.
I said it was a disgrace the way Hughes was sacked. I also said Hughes wasn't given enough time. I was sick of the the chopping and changing managers for over 20 years.
I didn't fancy Mancini one bit and his negative start to his tenure made it worse. He also rotated far too often.once he'd got a grip of the prem he was brilliant and I said so. By the time he was sacked,another pathetic embarrassing episode from city,I was right behind him. As I am with pellers, the man knows the game inside out but Dont anyone tell me he's better than bobby cos he's not. Better in as much he handle's the press well and there are no more crazy antics in training but tactically bob buries him.

Spot on de niro. Many of our problems this season defending as a team, set plays, tempo of play all get sorted in training for me that's pellegrini's fault that they haven't been. His in game tactics don't exist other than shit let's throw frank on and hope for best. I have never liked Pellergrini but I think the issue lies with signings and that's probably not him. He strikes me as a yes man for the boys from barca. Whoever is responsible for our signings since aguero needs to pack their bags with pellers and the club need to let the guy picking the team but the players he wants to play in it. Fernando as you say is worse than Garcia and plays with less heart IMO. I don't rate nasty but the way pellers gave neither him or Richards a proper chance when both had big roles in a superb defensive unit is bizarre. His persistence with navas is bizarre and his lack of emotion bewilders me.

de niro said:
ManCityX said:
de niro said:

Well said.

Weird.

Wrong.

I would say pellers just edges Mancini. Mp got us playing brilliant football last year, nearly breaking the prem goals scored record. He's also got us out of the champions league group stage twice. Tactically, there's hardly nothing in it, both play similar formations and style of play. But one thing that is missing from us this year is our counter attacking. We was absolute lethal on the break last year. I can only put it down to injuries and not being able to play 4-4-2. City should let mp see out his remaining a year and a half.

Manchester_lalala said:
de niro said:
ManCityX said:

Weird.

Wrong.

I would say pellers just edges Mancini. Mp got us playing brilliant football last year, nearly breaking the prem goals scored record. He's also got us out of the champions league group stage twice. Tactically, there's hardly nothing in it, both play similar formations and style of play. But one thing that is missing from us this year is our counter attacking. We was absolute lethal on the break last year. I can only put it down to injuries and not being able to play 4-4-2. City should let mp see out his remaining a year and a half.

No chance. We have never played better than first half of title win under bobby! We were steamrollering teams. Mancini won league when fergie was boss at the swamp. Pellergrini won when Gerrard slipped and agent Moyes was doing his magic.

bondsman said:
Manchester_lalala said:
de niro said:
Wrong.

No chance. We have never played better than first half of title win under bobby! We were steamrollering teams. Mancini won league when fergie was boss at the swamp. Pellergrini won when Gerrard slipped and agent Moyes was doing his magic.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^all day long

bondsman said:
Manchester_lalala said:
de niro said:
Wrong.

Agree bondsman, also it's unfair to say pellers got us to the group stage, reckon Mancini would've too if he had stayed. We only just made it this season so do you think pellers would've got us through to group stages when we had Madrid and Dortmund (who ended up being in the final) in the same group? Mancini for me is better tactically than pellers, he's organised and especially defensive wise. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't it the rags that were the only team to beat us at home the season Mancini got sacked, they eventually won the league that season. This season we've dropped points against teams we shouldn't havd , arsenal included.

IWasHere said:
Agree bondsman, also it's unfair to say pellers got us to the group stage, reckon Mancini would've too if he had stayed.

You post that comment like Mancini had a choice......he didn't,hence why he wouldn't have....he was sacked for good reason.

If Pellegrini doesn't respond accordingly,ive no doubt he'll go a similar way.

FantasyIreland said:
IWasHere said:
Agree bondsman, also it's unfair to say pellers got us to the group stage, reckon Mancini would've too if he had stayed.

You post that comment like Mancini had a choice......he didn't,hence why he wouldn't have....he was sacked for good reason.

If Pellegrini doesn't respond accordingly,ive no doubt he'll go a similar way.

I'm not sure disliking Soriano is a good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.