Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What worries me the most is that any defensive solidarity we had has gradually disappeared under MP. The constant rotation doesn't help when injuries and suspensions aren't even an issue. I'm confident with silva nasri aguero Yaya and bony all returning to fitness/action we will regain the attacking "swagger" that has been missing the past month or so. With only the champions league to distract us from the premiership it would be disappointing if we are not in the title race until the very end. There are no excuses now, ignoring injuries and suspension play our best XI and let them get some momentum going!

bondsman said:
de niro said:
ManCityX said:
Except when Mancini was manager all you did was slag him off and say you preferred Hughes.

Weird.

Wrong.
I said it was a disgrace the way Hughes was sacked. I also said Hughes wasn't given enough time. I was sick of the the chopping and changing managers for over 20 years.
I didn't fancy Mancini one bit and his negative start to his tenure made it worse. He also rotated far too often.once he'd got a grip of the prem he was brilliant and I said so. By the time he was sacked,another pathetic embarrassing episode from city,I was right behind him. As I am with pellers, the man knows the game inside out but Dont anyone tell me he's better than bobby cos he's not. Better in as much he handle's the press well and there are no more crazy antics in training but tactically bob buries him.

Spot on de niro. Many of our problems this season defending as a team, set plays, tempo of play all get sorted in training for me that's pellegrini's fault that they haven't been. His in game tactics don't exist other than shit let's throw frank on and hope for best. I have never liked Pellergrini but I think the issue lies with signings and that's probably not him. He strikes me as a yes man for the boys from barca. Whoever is responsible for our signings since aguero needs to pack their bags with pellers and the club need to let the guy picking the team but the players he wants to play in it. Fernando as you say is worse than Garcia and plays with less heart IMO. I don't rate nasty but the way pellers gave neither him or Richards a proper chance when both had big roles in a superb defensive unit is bizarre. His persistence with navas is bizarre and his lack of emotion bewilders me.

I like Pellers a lot - but thus far this sums it up for me too.
In his defence he has been extremely unlucky to lose players at vital times, but then again has orchestrated some of our losses with unfathomable rotations and selections.
Difficult to fully judge him but obviously he was a success last season - this season will be a severe test.

bondsman said:
de niro said:
ManCityX said:
Except when Mancini was manager all you did was slag him off and say you preferred Hughes.

Weird.

Wrong.
I said it was a disgrace the way Hughes was sacked. I also said Hughes wasn't given enough time. I was sick of the the chopping and changing managers for over 20 years.
I didn't fancy Mancini one bit and his negative start to his tenure made it worse. He also rotated far too often.once he'd got a grip of the prem he was brilliant and I said so. By the time he was sacked,another pathetic embarrassing episode from city,I was right behind him. As I am with pellers, the man knows the game inside out but Dont anyone tell me he's better than bobby cos he's not. Better in as much he handle's the press well and there are no more crazy antics in training but tactically bob buries him.

Spot on de niro. Many of our problems this season defending as a team, set plays, tempo of play all get sorted in training for me that's pellegrini's fault that they haven't been. His in game tactics don't exist other than shit let's throw frank on and hope for best. I have never liked Pellergrini but I think the issue lies with signings and that's probably not him. He strikes me as a yes man for the boys from barca. Whoever is responsible for our signings since aguero needs to pack their bags with pellers and the club need to let the guy picking the team but the players he wants to play in it. Fernando as you say is worse than Garcia and plays with less heart IMO. I don't rate nasty but the way pellers gave neither him or Richards a proper chance when both had big roles in a superb defensive unit is bizarre. His persistence with navas is bizarre and his lack of emotion bewilders me.

I don't disagree with either of you about MP or Mancini.
But to me the answer isn't to JUST change the manager. Both of our managers have been let down by certain players and equally this above them by failing to kick on with genuine squad improvements.
We've overpaid for less than world class improvements and kept players that should be moved on.

For me. Yaya, dzeko, hart, and kompany need to be sold and the untouchable ones above MP should be looked at for failing to move the playing side of the club forwards.

As fans we have become unable to deal with defeat which is ridiculous.

There is not a manager in world football who wouldn't get in in the neck and be shit according to some on here, regardless of what he won.

The claim that Liverpool handed us the title is laughable, the sort of thing I'd expect from a United fan - Liverpool lost one game - to Chelsea. That's how leagues work, teams win and lose some and City held their nerve again at the death and deserved the title.

Whatever you think of Pellegrini, to claim he had luck in winning the title is ridiculous.

de niro said:
Wrong.

Good post De Niro

blueinsa said:
As fans we have become unable to deal with defeat which is ridiculous.

There is not a manager in world football who wouldn't get in in the neck and be shit according to some on here, regardless of what he won.

I wouldnt go as far as that mate-we are a defensive fucking shambles and have been for most of the season, surely you can see that?

I miss the days when we used to keep clean sheets.

Don't even feel comfortable with 2 goal advantages against teams at the bottom at the moment. Gone are the days where we'd get such a lead and the commentator would say its basically game over.

Being dramatic but you get the gist...more emphasis on defending would be nice, signing a quick athletic centre half should help, oh wait!!!
Signing a "better" cdm than the one we had, ohhh my!!!

When we had Negredo we played 2 strikers. Now it seems Pellegrini has totally lost faith with Jovetic and Dzeko and when Aguero is half fit that's very damaging.

So when Bony is available, will we play two strikers? If so, who loses out? Milner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.