Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
When we had Negredo we played 2 strikers. Now it seems Pellegrini has totally lost faith with Jovetic and Dzeko and when Aguero is half fit that's very damaging.

So when Bony is available, will we play two strikers? If so, who loses out? Milner?

Seems to me that all of the bosnian buddys are doing fuck all, upset that Nastasic left perhaps ?!?

Marvin said:
When we had Negredo we played 2 strikers. Now it seems Pellegrini has totally lost faith with Jovetic and Dzeko and when Aguero is half fit that's very damaging.

So when Bony is available, will we play two strikers? If so, who loses out? Milner?

Yes we absolutely have to, the only reason we haven't is that we don't have the right 2 strikers to play together, IMO.

Hopeully the signing of Bony will see us revert back to the type of football we saw earlier last season

Hart, Zabba, Vinny, Demichelis, Clichy, Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Fernandinho, Bony, Sergio

But I won't hold my breath

de niro said:
ManCityX said:
de niro said:
I could have written this post.

Well said.

Except when Mancini was manager all you did was slag him off and say you preferred Hughes.

Weird.

Wrong.
I said it was a disgrace the way Hughes was sacked. I also said Hughes wasn't given enough time. I was sick of the the chopping and changing managers for over 20 years.
I didn't fancy Mancini one bit and his negative start to his tenure made it worse. He also rotated far too often.once he'd got a grip of the prem he was brilliant and I said so. By the time he was sacked,another pathetic embarrassing episode from city,I was right behind him. As I am with pellers, the man knows the game inside out but Dont anyone tell me he's better than bobby cos he's not. Better in as much he handle's the press well and there are no more crazy antics in training but tactically bob buries him.

There's bits I agree with there and bits I don't. First, Hughes was given too much time imho and we should have got rid of the useless idiot sooner. He was never the right man for us and should never have been appointed.

But that's not why I've replied, which is this: You can't just gloss over Mancini's shortcomings as you do. They are an integral part of the whole package and the unfortunate truth is that for all his tactical nouse (and I agree he was better than Pellegrini in this dept), it seems he was a decisive manager who progressively lost the support of those around him. His position was becoming untenable imho and therefore he had to go no matter what other positives he may have had. There's little point about debating how great he was tactically (or not) if he couldn't maintain the confidence of the players, and even more importantly, his boss.

flb said:
blueinsa said:
As fans we have become unable to deal with defeat which is ridiculous.

There is not a manager in world football who wouldn't get in in the neck and be shit according to some on here, regardless of what he won.

I wouldnt go as far as that mate-we are a defensive fucking shambles and have been for most of the season, surely you can see that?

This is what I see...

A club that has won 2 league titles out of the last 3, an FA cup, a Capitol One cup and qualified for the last 16 of the CL twice. This season isn't over and we could well finish with the league and CL yet. Like any club, a side has a natural cycle and the spine of our team which has done a magnificent job and brought the above success is coming towards its end and sooner rather than later, changes will be made. FFP has done for us and instead of replacing that spine which will cost incredible money, the club has instead focused on the business side whilst getting as much out of this squad as possible and they have done that fantastically.

We may win fuck all this season but it doesn't make anyone shit and it doesn't mean the gaffer should be fucked off. It will mean its time to start changing the spine of the team and with FFP a distant pinch, its something we will hopefully get done.

Our club is only going one way. The future holds so much success and of course there will be bumps in the road and some disappointments, surely we are capable of handling them as fans and recognising what we are about as a club?

Pellegrini too will go one day but now? After a double last year in his first season and qualification for the last 16 of the CL?

Never! he will go like Vinny, Yaya, Silva etc when his natural cycle has come to an end and we have the right replacement ready to come in and carry on with rebuilding the squad.

blueinsa said:
flb said:
blueinsa said:

There is not a manager in world football who wouldn't get in in the neck and be shit according to some on here, regardless of what he won.

I wouldnt go as far as that mate-we are a defensive fucking shambles and have been for most of the season, surely you can see that?

This is what I see...

A club that has won 2 league titles out of the last 3, an FA cup, a Capitol One cup and qualified for the last 16 of the CL twice. This season isn't over and we could well finish with the league and CL yet. Like any club, a side has a natural cycle and the spine of our team which has done a magnificent job and brought the above success is coming towards its end and sooner rather than later, changes will be made. FFP has done for us and instead of replacing that spine which will cost incredible money, the club has instead focused on the business side whilst getting as much out of this squad as possible and they have done that fantastically.

We may win fuck all this season but it doesn't make anyone shit and it doesn't mean the gaffer should be fucked off. It will mean its time to start changing the spine of the team and with FFP a distant pinch, its something we will hopefully get done.

Our club is only going one way. The future holds so much success and of course there will be bumps in the road and some disappointments, surely we are capable of handling them as fans and recognising what we are about as a club?

Pellegrini too will go one day but now? After a double last year in his first season and qualification for the last 16 of the CL?

Never! he will go like Vinny, Yaya, Silva etc when his natural cycle has come to an end and we have the right replacement ready to come in and carry on with rebuilding the squad.

All valid and fair point mate, we looked far more solid defensively under the previous manager that is all I am saying, our inability to keep clean sheets let alone just concede 1 goal a game is fucking staggering for an alleged tier 1 side.Conceding to many goals has followed Pellegrini around all his managerial career.

Blueinsa that is a decent post and i agree with a lot of it, but you're looking at the bigger picture which is fine and again i agree with the majority of it.

But a lot of us are talking about the now and what we're seeing on the pitch at the present, and it isn't great by any stretch. I can only speak for myself when I say that I know we are destined for great things as a club in the future, but it shouldn't prevent people from saying what they feel they have been watching this season, and IMO it has been poor.

Last season had its bumps but even when we had a blip we played some good stuff, this season has been bizarre as we just haven't looked a patch of the team we were last season, and the signings made 'may' turn out to be the real deal, but lets be honest they have flattered to deceive.

I hope once Bony comes in we go back to the 4-4-2 that we saw at the start of last season, and what made us look formidable. Fingers crossed we can get a result on Saturday, a draw will do, and then we can get a head of steam in time for the Barcelona game.

flb said:
blueinsa said:
flb said:

This is what I see...

All valid and fair point mate, we looked far more solid defensively under the previous manager that is all I am saying, our inability to keep clean sheets let alone just concede 1 goal a game is fucking staggering for an alleged tier 1 side.Conceding to many goals has followed Pellegrini around all his managerial career.

I will say this. The laws of the game and the way they are applied means that attackers have a far easier life than ever before and virtually every side concedes goals they would never have done a few years ago.

There is also a lot of attacking talent out there in sides that would never have had years gone by.

I don't sit here pretending everything is fine and dandy mate, it isn't but its not all doom and gloom either. Work is needed to be done both on and off the pitch and for some, careers at City are going to be coming to an end, names we would never think of ever leaving but they will and we will rebuild.

blueinsa said:
flb said:
blueinsa said:
This is what I see...

I will say this. The laws of the game and the way they are applied means that attackers have a far easier life than ever before and virtually every side concedes goals they would never have done a few years ago.

There is also a lot of attacking talent out there in sides that would never have had years gone by.

I don't sit here pretending everything is fine and dandy mate, it isn't but its not all doom and gloom either. Work is needed to be done both on and off the pitch and for some, careers at City are going to be coming to an end, names we would never think of ever leaving but they will and we will rebuild.

Just my opinion but we should have kept Lescott for one more season over Boyota and Sagna is dogshit-and who the fuck gave Kolorov a new contract needs fucking bullwhipping. And dont get me started on fucking teflon as the back up keeper.

bondsman said:
Manchester_lalala said:
de niro said:
Wrong.
I said it was a disgrace the way Hughes was sacked. I also said Hughes wasn't given enough time. I was sick of the the chopping and changing managers for over 20 years.
I didn't fancy Mancini one bit and his negative start to his tenure made it worse. He also rotated far too often.once he'd got a grip of the prem he was brilliant and I said so. By the time he was sacked,another pathetic embarrassing episode from city,I was right behind him. As I am with pellers, the man knows the game inside out but Dont anyone tell me he's better than bobby cos he's not. Better in as much he handle's the press well and there are no more crazy antics in training but tactically bob buries him.

I would say pellers just edges Mancini. Mp got us playing brilliant football last year, nearly breaking the prem goals scored record. He's also got us out of the champions league group stage twice. Tactically, there's hardly nothing in it, both play similar formations and style of play. But one thing that is missing from us this year is our counter attacking. We was absolute lethal on the break last year. I can only put it down to injuries and not being able to play 4-4-2. City should let mp see out his remaining a year and a half.

No chance. We have never played better than first half of title win under bobby! We were steamrollering teams. Mancini won league when fergie was boss at the swamp. Pellergrini won when Gerrard slipped and agent Moyes was doing his magic.

Not having that. We were battering teams all season last year. In Mancinis title winning season, the only competition he was in after January was the title race. Last year, pellegrini was fighting on all fronts until March, winning the league cup during that time. That liverpool team last year was better than uniteds team too.

Things might not have worked as much this year for us, but we've been hit with niggling injuries to key players. If everyone gets fit for the run in, we will win the league. We do need to be buying some serious quality in the summer to challenge our current best first eleven.

blueinsa said:
flb said:
blueinsa said:

This is what I see...

Post of the thread mate.

I agree with every word of it.

This club is going one way as you say and one way only, they'll be disappointment along the way at times and people will rightly feel pissed off, but the team will bounce back again and we'll be challenging every year.

Had a arguement with a lad after the first league win, i'd said i'd be more than happy to win it every other year as long as we were challenging for the title the years we don't win it, 3rd-1st-2nd-1st-1st or 2nd, that's fucking superb consistency and i'm more than content with it, of course i'd like to win it every year but i'm realistic enough to know that won't happen, he was adamant that we had to win it every year to catch up the rags and keep them quiet!!

Once Yaya and Bony are here i think he'll revert back to 4-4-2 with a settled side and we'll see the same attacking prowess as last season, hopefully we can keep everyone fit for the run in and go on to beat Chelsea.

Either way as you say this club has a bright future to look forward to and i'm enjoying every minute of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.