Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
But this is Mancini's team, right? ;)

What an incredible benchmark last season really was.

Ferguson clearly lost the plot after his bastards did the Treble back in 1999.

£130 million net spend since Mancini has left tho mate

And still 8 of the players in our best 11 were part of the core that Mancini left

Hart, Zabba, Vinny, Clichy, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Sergio, and you could even argue Dzeko

chris85mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

And still 8 of the players in our best 11 were part of the core that Mancini left

Hart, Zabba, Vinny, Clichy, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Sergio, and you could even argue Dzeko

Manuel should be grateful he was left with such good tools at his disposal......

blueinsa said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Pep stalling over contract extension at Bayern. Interesting.
(Reuters) - German champions Bayern Munich have repeatedly signalled their desire for a contract extension with coach Pep Guardiola but the Spaniard seems in no rush to sign a deal past 2016.

Guardiola led Bayern to the domestic league and Cup double in his first season in charge last year but any talk of a contract extension past his original three years will happen later in the year.

Despite their runaway lead in the Bundesliga again this season, any possible deal extension seems to largely hinge on Guardiola's ability to land the Champions League title this season.

Last season's semi-final exit at the hands of Real Madrid dashed the hopes of a dream first season for Guardiola and the Spaniard, who won more than a dozen titles in his four years at Barcelona, is eager to make amends.

"We still have time to talk about that (contract extension) after the end of the season in the summer. Football is today like that and completely different the next day," Guardiola told Bayern fans during visits to fan clubs on the weekend.

"It was a big challenge for me (to work at Bayern). I have had a great time and it was a dream come true to be Bayern coach," he said when asked specifically about a possible contract extension.

Questions about his future at the German record champions have swirled for months with club Chief Executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge saying Bayern were ready, at a any time, to sign a contract extension.

"I hope that he stays as long as possible at Bayern," Rummenigge said in his most recent praise of the Spaniard. "Pep can stay as long as he wants to. He is not a person who seeks security. He does not need a five-year deal to know how much he earns at Bayern."

Rummenigge also said he would respect Guardiola and not talk about a new deal before the second half of the year. That would be after this year's Champions League winner has been determined.

Few coaches have enjoyed as much backing as Guardiola has in Bayern and rightly so, with his team, who won the league in record time last season, undefeated in the league so far in this campaign, having conceded a record four goals in 17 games.

They have also advanced to the Champions League round of 16 where they will face Shakhtar Donetsk next month.

Interesting as Pep talk about Bayern in a past tense.

Always said he is the natural fit with Ferran and Txiki and the CFA coming on line.

In the mean time, Pellegrini is doing a magnificent job.

This season he has probably the best squad in the league in 2nd position and out of both domestic cups. Just squeezed through a reasonable Champions League group.

Not a disaster but not exactly magnificent either.

J_Bow said:
So, Pellegrini is a good guy and a good man manager but from a tactical perspective? He seems worse than Mancini, Mourinho & Simeone for example.

You rarely see him adjust things in the game or make changes earlier than they should be, sometimes leaving it too late (70th minute+) He's made multiple strange subs also. I've never really been convinced about him, sad to say considering he's won us a title and a cup. I just don't think he can take us to the next level.

Recently the team has been playing some poor football, it's like there's no organization and plan on the field. The defending has been the worst part but our play going forward has been slow and predictable.
Very slow in possession of late with lethargic movement to find space. The biggest thing for me is the defensive set up of the whole side (i've posted my rant about it on a previous page). We're all over the place and have no structures or systems in place.

chris85mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I must have missed Mark Hughes signing Zab and Komps, then?

Mancini left nothing but a dressing-room fallen apart at the seams, players who had continually been told they were shit and needing punching in the face or were liars.

Seems to me, you want it both ways and refuse to give Pellegrini the credit for an incredible achievement, in his first season, where we became the most prolific team in British football history.

The only way is down, unless you expect a £48m cap on spending to be the difference in winning the title again, the League Cup, the FA Cup and Champions League this term.

You've already rightly identified and admitted what the solution is, and Pellegrini knows it too. The signing of Bony will allow him to go 4-4-2 as and when he needs to.

If you and others are using the stick that this isn't Pellegrini's team, then surely he should be afforded the same luxury as Mancini and Hughes, who combined, were allowed to spend over £500m.

The financial landscape has changed beyond recognition since we first started spending.

How much do we think Silva and Aguero would cost now?

Try £120m and upwards.

That is the context people have to work with when they start throwing names about who we should have signed.

Manual gets plenty wrong, and some of his subs absolutely stink of naivety or panic.

Plenty felt Mancini could be admonished of blame because his hands had been tied in the market, off the back of a title win.

Pellegrini, seemingly, not.

blueinsa said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Pep stalling over contract extension at Bayern. Interesting.
(Reuters) - German champions Bayern Munich have repeatedly signalled their desire for a contract extension with coach Pep Guardiola but the Spaniard seems in no rush to sign a deal past 2016.

Guardiola led Bayern to the domestic league and Cup double in his first season in charge last year but any talk of a contract extension past his original three years will happen later in the year.

Despite their runaway lead in the Bundesliga again this season, any possible deal extension seems to largely hinge on Guardiola's ability to land the Champions League title this season.

Last season's semi-final exit at the hands of Real Madrid dashed the hopes of a dream first season for Guardiola and the Spaniard, who won more than a dozen titles in his four years at Barcelona, is eager to make amends.

"We still have time to talk about that (contract extension) after the end of the season in the summer. Football is today like that and completely different the next day," Guardiola told Bayern fans during visits to fan clubs on the weekend.

"It was a big challenge for me (to work at Bayern). I have had a great time and it was a dream come true to be Bayern coach," he said when asked specifically about a possible contract extension.

Questions about his future at the German record champions have swirled for months with club Chief Executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge saying Bayern were ready, at a any time, to sign a contract extension.

"I hope that he stays as long as possible at Bayern," Rummenigge said in his most recent praise of the Spaniard. "Pep can stay as long as he wants to. He is not a person who seeks security. He does not need a five-year deal to know how much he earns at Bayern."

Rummenigge also said he would respect Guardiola and not talk about a new deal before the second half of the year. That would be after this year's Champions League winner has been determined.

Few coaches have enjoyed as much backing as Guardiola has in Bayern and rightly so, with his team, who won the league in record time last season, undefeated in the league so far in this campaign, having conceded a record four goals in 17 games.

They have also advanced to the Champions League round of 16 where they will face Shakhtar Donetsk next month.

Interesting as Pep talk about Bayern in a past tense.

Always said he is the natural fit with Ferran and Txiki and the CFA coming on line.

In the mean time, Pellegrini is doing a magnificent job.
He's making our defenders and defensive midfielders look like worse players than they really are through slack defensive tactics. We're out of both domestic cups and are heading into an already "must win"/"do or die" game in the league in January. Magnificent isn't the word i'd use.

grim up north said:
mastermind said:
mancity1 said:
Was highlighting glaring weaknesses that have been with us for too long.

I agree MP is at the cross roads.

I wouldn't be surprised if moves are a foot to sound out his replacement and if the target is available to start next season.

we need one of the elite managers. pellegrini looks like an apprentice, somebody who is still learning the game.

Your user name is very apt

:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.