Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
city91 said:
I'm looking forward to going back to 4-4-2 and seeing Bony in action. For all the criticism people gave Pellers over 4-4-2 we look a much better side using it. Last season we were putting 4,5 and 6 past teams on a regular basis. This season aside from Spurs we have looked a lot more conservative. Hopefully the return of the 4-4-2 will see a return to form and a couple of consecutive big wins will really put the pressure on Mourine.
I agree

Looking forward to seeing City play with two up top again. Controlling 60% possession away at Chelsea is good. I don't think anyone has bossed a game to that extent at Stamford Bridge for a long time. But we need to create more chances. We have not been creating many chances in recent games despite having a lot of possession. It will be interesting to see how we play away from home against the best teams. I think we might see Bony playing as an out and out centre-forward with Aguero playing off him as a deeper or wider striker.

if there's one thing that really annoys me is the amount of times we play some quick football on the edge of the box and no one shoots. Bony might score a lot of goals, or create the space for Aguero to get more. It's going to be fun. Just hope Ivory Coast get KO'd today so we can see it asap.

Marvin said:
city91 said:
I'm looking forward to going back to 4-4-2 and seeing Bony in action. For all the criticism people gave Pellers over 4-4-2 we look a much better side using it. Last season we were putting 4,5 and 6 past teams on a regular basis. This season aside from Spurs we have looked a lot more conservative. Hopefully the return of the 4-4-2 will see a return to form and a couple of consecutive big wins will really put the pressure on Mourine.
I agree

Looking forward to seeing City play with two up top again. Controlling 60% possession away at Chelsea is good. I don't think anyone has bossed a game to that extent at Stamford Bridge for a long time. But we need to create more chances. We have not been creating many chances in recent games despite having a lot of possession. It will be interesting to see how we play away from home against the best teams. I think we might see Bony playing as an out and out centre-forward with Aguero playing off him as a deeper or wider striker.

if there's one thing that really annoys me is the amount of times we play some quick football on the edge of the box and no one shoots. Bony might score a lot of goals, or create the space for Aguero to get more. It's going to be fun. Just hope Ivory Coast get KO'd today so we can see it asap.

Agree, think Wilfried will be an absolute monster in our side, and as good as Aguero is, even the best need help.

i♥city! said:
city91 said:

4-4-2 PL , 4-2-3-1 UCL.

4-4-2 could work in Europe as long as we use the right personnel.

Playing Kolarov and Navas on the wings with Yaya and Dinho in the middle with Kun and Bony up top could work. We would be more defensive but have genuine width and crossing ability with a target man up top.

Mister Appointment said:
Much respect to Pellegrini. I would've picked a different team, but the one he picked was spot on. Got all the big decisions right, and really bullied Mourinho's side on their own patch/pitch.

Most importantly though his players once again stepped up in a big game and put in the kind of performance which has already won us two titles.

I bet he's desperate to get Toure/Bony/Nasri back. It's a big call but I'm saying we don't lose again this season and won't draw more than one more game. We can win 14/15 on the bounce with those players back.

Anyway well done to the gaffer once again.

outstanding.

keep it up.

city91 said:
i♥city! said:
city91 said:

4-4-2 PL , 4-2-3-1 UCL.

Playing Kolarov and Navas on the wings with Yaya and Dinho in the middle with Kun and Bony up top could work. We would be more defensive but have genuine width and crossing ability with a target man up top.

I take it you haven't seen how poor we are without both Silva and Nasri, seeing as you've advocated dropping both in that post.

de niro said:
Mister Appointment said:
Much respect to Pellegrini. I would've picked a different team, but the one he picked was spot on. Got all the big decisions right, and really bullied Mourinho's side on their own patch/pitch.

Most importantly though his players once again stepped up in a big game and put in the kind of performance which has already won us two titles.

I bet he's desperate to get Toure/Bony/Nasri back. It's a big call but I'm saying we don't lose again this season and won't draw more than one more game. We can win 14/15 on the bounce with those players back.

outstanding.

keep it up.

Outstanding? Its a load of utter horsehit. Not sure what game Billy was watching but with a top class manager we would have won.

aguero93:20 said:
city91 said:
i♥city! said:
4-4-2 PL , 4-2-3-1 UCL.

I take it you haven't seen how poor we are without both Silva and Nasri, seeing as you've advocated dropping both in that post.

We are poor without Silva and Nasri at playing our natural game. Against the Barca's and Madrid's we won't be. If we play Silva then we cannot play two up top. He doesn't offer any defensive protection.

Having a strong target man up top just gives us more options to play with.

When you're missing two of your more creative players and another two of your best players are some way short of peak form and fitness and you're playing away to the league leaders, I think you're entitled to take a balanced approach. If we had really gone for it and lost to a breakaway goal Pellegrini would have been savaged on here and in the media generally for not being more pragmatic.

wayne71 said:
de niro said:
Mister Appointment said:

outstanding.

keep it up.

Outstanding? Its a load of utter horsehit. Not sure what game Billy was watching but with a top class manager we would have won.
And another of the troll brigade arrives. If either Aguero or Milner had got the two great chances they had on target we'd have won.

wayne71 said:
de niro said:
Mister Appointment said:

outstanding.

keep it up.

You mean the way Chelsea beat us when we were down to 10 men at home with their top class manager? Or in fact the way they beat us yesterday with their top class manager.

Oh yeah. They didn't.

Makes me laugh how Mourinho is lauded as a genius manager yet that's two games this season in which they've clung on for a point against us. Yet Pellegrini is still being sneered at by a tiny minority of saddos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.