Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wayne71 said:
de niro said:
Mister Appointment said:
Much respect to Pellegrini. I would've picked a different team, but the one he picked was spot on. Got all the big decisions right, and really bullied Mourinho's side on their own patch/pitch.

Most importantly though his players once again stepped up in a big game and put in the kind of performance which has already won us two titles.

I bet he's desperate to get Toure/Bony/Nasri back. It's a big call but I'm saying we don't lose again this season and won't draw more than one more game. We can win 14/15 on the bounce with those players back.

Anyway well done to the gaffer once again.

outstanding.

keep it up.

Outstanding? Its a load of utter horsehit. Not sure what game Billy was watching but with a top class manager we would have won.

We played ok but Chelsea were never really last ditch or defending for their lives were they? Did Courtois have much meaningful work? For me it was another must win game and Pellergrini didn't win it. Best performance for a while and still no win against a weak Chelsea? Hardly outstanding imo

Mister Appointment said:
It's a big call but I'm saying we don't lose again this season and won't draw more than one more game. We can win 14/15 on the bounce with those players back.
If we do I'll buy you that pint on the last home game, but I can't see it personally, we make far too many errors at the back to expect 14 wins and 1 draw from the remaining 15 games, which would give us 91 points.

Realistically I think we'll get to 84-86, (35-37 more points), that's 2 defeats and 2 draws, 1 draw 2 defeats, or 3 draws 1 defeat.

bondsman said:
wayne71 said:
de niro said:
outstanding.

keep it up.

Outstanding? Its a load of utter horsehit. Not sure what game Billy was watching but with a top class manager we would have won.

We played ok but Chelsea were never really last ditch or defending for their lives were they? Did Courtois have much meaningful work? For me it was another must win game and Pellergrini didn't win it. Best performance for a while and still no win against a weak Chelsea? Hardly outstanding imo

as opposed to a full strength City?

bluechampion7891 said:
bondsman said:
wayne71 said:

as opposed to a full strength City?
Don't feed the trolls sir :)

I think with our form going into the game, the players we had missing, and it being Chelsea away, plenty were prepared for a loss and subsequently very happy with a draw. If we had Yaya and Nasri I'd perhaps be a little more critical and said we should have won, but really the only thing we had to do was not lose. Plenty would be ready to hang Pellegrini if we'd been recklessly gung ho and lost. Flip side is given Chelsea also has two of their best out and a long midweek game, we should have capitalised and came back with three points. Not that bothered myself.

Pellegrini's big test is against Barca. I don't buy for a second that going out of that competition will help us in the league. I think the players would be downbeat and frankly worried. Get past them and the squad will be oozing with confidence. Quarters or semis would be an acceptable run.

wayne71 said:
de niro said:
Mister Appointment said:
Much respect to Pellegrini. I would've picked a different team, but the one he picked was spot on. Got all the big decisions right, and really bullied Mourinho's side on their own patch/pitch.

Most importantly though his players once again stepped up in a big game and put in the kind of performance which has already won us two titles.

I bet he's desperate to get Toure/Bony/Nasri back. It's a big call but I'm saying we don't lose again this season and won't draw more than one more game. We can win 14/15 on the bounce with those players back.

Anyway well done to the gaffer once again.

outstanding.

keep it up.

am i being clarkied.

adrianr said:
I think with our form going into the game, the players we had missing, and it being Chelsea away, plenty were prepared for a loss and subsequently very happy with a draw. If we had Yaya and Nasri I'd perhaps be a little more critical and said we should have won, but really the only thing we had to do was not lose. Plenty would be ready to hang Pellegrini if we'd been recklessly gung ho and lost. Flip side is given Chelsea also has two of their best out and a long midweek game, we should have capitalised and came back with three points. Not that bothered myself.

Pellegrini's big test is against Barca. I don't buy for a second that going out of that competition will help us in the league. I think the players would be downbeat and frankly worried. Get past them and the squad will be oozing with confidence. Quarters or semis would be an acceptable run.

If we'd have had a full strength, fully fit squad to choose from yesterday, we'd have taken Chelsea to the cleaners. By the time we face Barca we should have a full strength, fully fit squad to choose from, so this tie is a mouth watering prospect for all blues to look forward to. I wouldn't however describe this tie as Pellegrini's big test, because at the end of the day this is Barcefuckinglona we're talking about here. Pellegrini wouldn't and shouldn't come under any pressure if we end up losing, as long as we don't get absolutely mullered, which I feel quite confident we won't. In fact, I have a sneaky suspicion we could finally make a statement in Europe by beating them.

Mister Appointment said:
wayne71 said:
de niro said:
outstanding.

keep it up.

You mean the way Chelsea beat us when we were down to 10 men at home with their top class manager? Or in fact the way they beat us yesterday with their top class manager.

Oh yeah. They didn't.

Makes me laugh how Mourinho is lauded as a genius manager yet that's two games this season in which they've clung on for a point against us. Yet Pellegrini is still being sneered at by a tiny minority of saddos.

Don't think Pellers will ever get his full due from both supporters and media. I don't know if it because people do not understand how he approaches things or just don't like it? I know his approach frustrates some and they would prefer a more Mourinho like approach, one where, for example, we look more organised, However, when we really needed a very disciplined, very organised, more conservative approach, like yesterday and in Rome, we got it. You could see the preparation in the team yesterday. However, most teams that we play, we should be able to take a more "freeform" attacking approach and win; sometimes it doesn't work but not because Pellegrini's approach is inherently bad. I've said many time now, managers play the percentages but Pellers and Mourinho do so in different ways. Pellers approach is generally more entertaining and only an extended period of time will tell us how it stacks up in trophy winning terms.

de niro said:
wayne71 said:
de niro said:
outstanding.

keep it up.

am i being clarkied.

I've no idea, I suspect I'm being reverse clarkied in initially responding to the biggest troll on here then being labelled one myself!

Chelsea were definitely there for the taking yesterday, a better manager would have at least attempted to seize the opportunity IMHO.

wayne71 said:
de niro said:
wayne71 said:

am i being clarkied.

I've no idea, I suspect I'm being reverse clarkied in initially responding to the biggest troll on here then being labelled one myself!

Chelsea were definitely there for the taking yesterday, a better manager would have at least attempted to seize the opportunity IMHO.

The biggest troll on here? Fuck off soft girl. You and your merry band of know nowts have consistently been shown up in the last two years and yet you still don't learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.