Manuel Pellegrini

I’ll always think fondly of him. Won the league, won 2 league cups and always conducted himself with dignity and class.

People forget that we were top of the league two thirds of the way through his final season when we came out and announced Pep’s impending arrival. Maybe it was coincidence maybe not but shorty thereafter our form plummeted and we lost back to back home games to Leicester and Spurs.

Yes with Dzeko having his best year. Not sure what changed after the 2014 season.
Dzeko was the type of player who needed to play every week. City used to have 4 out-and-out strikers in the squad back then.

in the 2013-14 season due to injuries to Aguero and others, Dzeko got an extended constant run in the team and scored the goals that won City the title (with a lot of help from Yaya).

Last edited:
I’ll always think fondly of him. Won the league, won 2 league cups and always conducted himself with dignity and class.

People forget that we were top of the league two thirds of the way through his final season when we came out and announced Pep’s impending arrival. Maybe it was coincidence maybe not but shorty thereafter our form plummeted and we lost back to back home games to Leicester and Spurs.
I do. He made me chuckle after the 'Yer can stick Pellegrini up yer arse' and he replied to some hack about what had changed. "They're singing a different song now!"

Dzeko was the type of player who needed to play every week. City used to have 4 out-and-out strikers in the squad back then......
What four out-and-out strikers??!?!?! Bony? Jovetic? The prick wanted to convince Edin he had to fight for a place with those two chancers! Go and check their careers, both in City and after they left and then go and check Edin's.

What four out-and-out strikers??!?!?! Bony? Jovetic? The prick wanted to convince Edin he had to fight for a place with those two chancers! Go and check their careers, both in City and after they left and then go and check Edin's.
Dzeko signed a new contract and never tried as hard again.

I think he meant when we had Dzeko, Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.