Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fella, although I have just enjoyed you Rafa esk rant, 1+1 =2....that's a fact. Yours is an opioion, wether stat based or generally recognised, it's an opioion. Who's the best band ever? Greatest president of the USA...opinions.
I will say this, to you and damalino, to who I apologise to for calling a prick, the base of the 'argument' is basically I think that
a) too much emphasis is being placed on the keepers ability to play the ball as an outfielder would in Pep's system simply because although we can look over his previous teams, he's never played in a league as diverse in style and as close in competition as ours. He hopefully will have no issues and his tried and tested "ticka taka" will work, I however feel he will have to adapt a lot of what he has learnt to suit our league. I think the high intesity and pressing will work, but other aspects may not.
b) if all the emphasis is placed on Jo's ability to play the ball out from the back to start each passage of play I feel he's more than capable of doing so, with practise and the confidence of know there's more than one option available to him.
c) Jo's previous efforts on and off the field with us over the years should afford him more confidence and support from our fans.

Jo is definitely better than Joe with his feet but he would be a liability between the sticks though his height would be a plus.

Willy's contract runs out next summer. I doubt he'll be renewed.
Now the young argy keeper is not confirmed but it's a pretty solid rumour and we don't get him we'll get someone else.

We are selling Rulli after this season. We may or may not buy him back. If ter Stegen comes we will never buy him. If Bravo does we will activate our clause in 2 years and move Bravo on.

Fella, although I have just enjoyed you Rafa esk rant, 1+1 =2....that's a fact. Yours is an opioion, wether stat based or generally recognised, it's an opioion. Who's the best band ever? Greatest president of the USA...opinions.
I will say this, to you and damalino, to who I apologise to for calling a prick, the base of the 'argument' is basically I think that
a) too much emphasis is being placed on the keepers ability to play the ball as an outfielder would in Pep's system simply because although we can look over his previous teams, he's never played in a league as diverse in style and as close in competition as ours. He hopefully will have no issues and his tried and tested "ticka taka" will work, I however feel he will have to adapt a lot of what he has learnt to suit our league. I think the high intesity and pressing will work, but other aspects may not.
b) if all the emphasis is placed on Jo's ability to play the ball out from the back to start each passage of play I feel he's more than capable of doing so, with practise and the confidence of know there's more than one option available to him.
c) Jo's previous efforts on and off the field with us over the years should afford him more confidence and support from our fans.
a) Bundesliga is similar with Premier League in terms of style. Going from La Liga to Bundesliga was a big change in itself and Pep did fine.

b) What 'other aspects' are you talking about here other than pressing and high intensity play? Playing possession football? Well in case you missed it, we've been playing possession football for a long time in the PL, since most of the team park the bus against us.

c) But mate.... that's just your opinion though? See what I did there?

d) We all support our players to become better. But some things are just not that easy. If Aguero wants to convert into a CB, would you give him the confidence and support to do that?

e) I hope some day you lots will realize that no one player is bigger than the club. If Joe is holding back our club from success, we have to replace him. Same with Zaba, Kompany, Aguero, etc. It's Manchester City Football Club, not Joe Hart Football Club.

a) Bundesliga is similar with Premier League in terms of style. Going from La Liga to Bundesliga was a big change in itself and Pep did fine.

b) What 'other aspects' are you talking about here other than pressing and high intensity play? Playing possession football? Well in case you missed it, we've been playing possession football for a long time in the PL, since most of the team park the bus against us.

c) But mate.... that's just your opinion though? See what I did there?

d) We all support our players to become better. But some things are just not that easy. If Aguero wants to convert into a CB, would you give him the confidence and support to do that?

e) I hope some day you lots will realize that no one player is bigger than the club. If Joe is holding back our club from success, we have to replace him. Same with Zaba, Kompany, Aguero, etc. It's Manchester City Football Club, not Joe Hart Football Club.
He did fine in Germany because their league is basically the AMG version of the SPL and he was in charge of the biggest team by 10 fold.
The slow build up play is one of the aspects I'm worried about tbh, we've struggled against teams who have organised against us on mass to defend in the past. Without the invention of merlin we struggle to find a way through.
If Aguero wanted to play in net I'd let that lad, he's Aguero ffs.
Iv never once stated anyone player or manager is bigger than the club I love, my issue is with 'you lots' wielding the axe on one of our players declaring him surplus before a ball has been kicked in anger.

The whole keeper needs to be able to play thing is vastly over exaggerated on here. The keeper in Peps previous sides didn't have much more involvement in the game than keepers of other top teams. Valdes barely touched the ball at Barca, he just had to make himself available if it was required and play simple square passes and possibly create a triangle if the opposition is closing from the front. Neuer is a bit different because he loves to often needlessly charge out of his box aand involve himself in the game like no other keeper.

The keeper in Peps side simply needs to be comfortable on the ball which is more about confidence than anything else, and Joe has plenty of that (some would argue too much at times) he'll be playing 10 yard square passes most of the time with the odd chipped 20-30 yard pass. We've seen from training clips the keepers are now involved with the rest of the first teams rondo's at the start of training which is as tough as it'll get for whoever's in net. Some on here act like the keeper needs to have Silva's eye for a pass and execution to play in a Pep team. There's no top class keepers around that couldn't fit into Pep's system. It's all about making space and making yourself available, if Joe doesn't have simple passes that anybody can make on at all times then it's the defenders that aren't doing their jobs properly not the keeper.

The whole keeper needs to be able to play thing is vastly over exaggerated on here. The keeper in Peps previous sides didn't have much more involvement in the game than keepers of other top teams. Valdes barely touched the ball at Barca, he just had to make himself available if it was required and play simple square passes and possibly create a triangle if the opposition is closing from the front. Neuer is a bit different because he loves to often needlessly charge out of his box aand involve himself in the game like no other keeper.

The keeper in Peps side simply needs to be comfortable on the ball which is more about confidence than anything else, and Joe has plenty of that (some would argue too much at times) he'll be playing 10 yard square passes most of the time with the odd chipped 20-30 yard pass. We've seen from training clips the keepers are now involved with the rest of the first teams rondo's at the start of training which is as tough as it'll get for whoever's in net. Some on here act like the keeper needs to have Silva's eye for a pass and execution to play in a Pep team. There's no top class keepers around that couldn't fit into Pep's system. It's all about making space and making yourself available, if Joe doesn't have simple passes that anybody can make on at all times then it's the defenders that aren't doing their jobs properly not the keeper.
Couldn't agree more my good man.

You may or may not be right but how does that tally with us being linked with keepers who have proven footballing abilities? Gen Q btw

Agree, especially on the "needs to be able to play" thing. Same with a player that is or isn't a "Pep-player". Doesn't take away we are linked with other goalkeepers esp. after Harts' poor tournament in France. I wonder how serious these rumors turn out to be ...

Couldn't agree more. People are making out like Pep requires his keeper to be some sort of Pirlo.

Hart has perhaps struggled with distribution as what Pep asks isn't common or for that matter ever been seen in the Premier League.

Offer him three options everytime he gets the ball and he's more than good enough with his feet.
If Pep builds Joe's confidence in himself and in his team mates playing out from the back will be fairly simple.

Where he may struggle, if Pep wants him to play so far off his line like Neuer. That's more about reading the game.
Direct football in England is far more common than in Spain or Germany and I think even Neuer would get caught out in England.
I think a solid keeper who knows the league and physicality of the league will win you(lose you less) points than a continental keeper.

Pep's no fool, he won't want Dave Bessant but I doubt he'd want Valderama either.
For me, with a little coaching and confidence from his manager Hart will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.