Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watch Willy give away "simple" passes against Dortmund in that friendly? Almost lead to a few simple goals.

Couldn't agree more. People are making out like Pep requires his keeper to be some sort of Pirlo.

Hart has perhaps struggled with distribution as what Pep asks isn't common or for that matter ever been seen in the Premier League.

Offer him three options everytime he gets the ball and he's more than good enough with his feet.
If Pep builds Joe's confidence in himself and in his team mates playing out from the back will be fairly simple.

Where he may struggle, if Pep wants him to play so far off his line like Neuer. That's more about reading the game.
Direct football in England is far more common than in Spain or Germany and I think even Neuer would get caught out in England.
I think a solid keeper who knows the league and physicality of the league will win you(lose you less) points than a continental keeper.

Pep's no fool, he won't want Dave Bessant but I doubt he'd want Valderama either.
For me, with a little coaching and confidence from his manager Hart will be just fine.

What do you mean by this?

What do you mean by this?

Excatly what it says. But the following line is as important. Pep will introduce a style of football uncommon or even unseen before in the PL. The post as a whole suggests that Hart possibly has looked poor with his distribution in the past due to not being offered the outlets Pep's system will offer him.

It's all opinions but I'm amazed that anyone who's watched Hart over the last few years thinks he's comfortable on the ball and blames "lack of options" for his poor distribution.
I guess this will be cleared up one way or another soon enough.

It's all opinions but I'm amazed that anyone who's watched Hart over the last few years thinks he's comfortable on the ball and blames "lack of options" for his poor distribution.

I think 'soon enough' is right, as the question is, what would happen if Pep found he couldn't do it ?

I don't think it would work. So if Joe is in in goal come Sept, imo, it's because he's got it. I can't see Pep having a full season of a keeper that can't actually play the way he wants.

I would imagine we'll see a keeper come in very soon if he thinks Joe is going to struggle.

Excatly what it says. But the following line is as important. Pep will introduce a style of football uncommon or even unseen before in the PL. The post as a whole suggests that Hart possibly has looked poor with his distribution in the past due to not being offered the outlets Pep's system will offer him.

Pep will not have players waiting in row D I can assure you.

Come on, are you really saying Joe has good distribution today?

He did fine in Germany because their league is basically the AMG version of the SPL and he was in charge of the biggest team by 10 fold.
The slow build up play is one of the aspects I'm worried about tbh, we've struggled against teams who have organised against us on mass to defend in the past. Without the invention of merlin we struggle to find a way through.
If Aguero wanted to play in net I'd let that lad, he's Aguero ffs.
Iv never once stated anyone player or manager is bigger than the club I love, my issue is with 'you lots' wielding the axe on one of our players declaring him surplus before a ball has been kicked in anger.

Yeah I'm sure Guardiola has never experienced teams defending against him en mass before. He'll be completely stumped by it.

Can't argue with that. All I'd say, watch the last 20 minutes of the QPR title win game. Hart is basically playing centre back, bringing balls down on his chest, drilling accurate aggresive forwards passes. I agree it's rarely been seen.
The other part of my post, I don't think he'll need to be that comfortable on the ball to play a Pep system. I think thing will be getting rid of the Englishness is Hart. Anyone can pass it 15 yards. The ability to play it to the edge of the box won't be the issue. Having the nerve/confidence to do so is a different matter.
I'm not saying I was a mint footballer, but I was proffesional coached and played at a decent standard. I was always taught never to give the ball to someone with a "man on". The new England manager has 4 key requirements to his play. One is not to gamble with possession in your own half.

My guess the hardest thing will be that Hart will have to forget all he's been taught throughout his youth.
For me all PL keepers in today's game can accurately pass it 10,15,20 yards, have they got the confidence?

With Joe, time will tell.

I predict we will know in 2 weeks time, and Txiki will be making some big offers to suitable keepers in the last 2 weeks of the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.