Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it won't surprise you to know I disagree with you. Hart is the current number one and it's up to him to prove he deserves to be when the season kicks off. If he wants to be at City that's what he'll do.
Buying a second rate back up doesn't fly with me anymore.
You can't prove anything from the bench. And if a coach who knows your quality decides he wants a different kind of keeper, nothing you do can prove otherwise. Unless you were always that kind of keeper but never showed it.

Coaches have styles that indicate preference. If he wants a ball playing goalie, which Stegeen is, how does Hart prove he deserves to be #1. We know Hart is no Stegeen with the ball in his foot. You know it, I know it and Hart knows it. No point lying to ourselves and pretending it's about proving yourself. For example if Pep comes in and suggests he wants a box to box AM in the #10 role, it will be silly for Silva to say, wait I'm going to stay and prove I'm that guy. Just like in Joe's case, it doesn't take much to conclude players like Vidal, Machisio, etc are simply better action AMs. Nothing Silva can do will change that.

So the issue is not about proving yourself, Joe has already done that. So has Silva for that matter. The issue is whether what they are great at, is what the coach values most. If it isn't, then they lose by default.

If I'm Joe, and it happens, I walk in the summer. And I'd totally understand.

You can't prove anything from the bench. And if a coach who knows your quality decides he wants a different kind of keeper, nothing you do can prove otherwise. Unless you were always that kind of keeper but never showed it.

Coaches have styles that indicate preference. If he wants a ball playing goalie, which Stegeen is, how does Hart prove he deserves to be #1. We know Hart is no Stegeen with the ball in his foot. You know it, I know it and Hart knows it. No point lying to ourselves and pretending it's about proving yourself. For example if Pep comes in and suggests he wants a box to box AM in the #10 role, it will be silly for Silva to say, wait I'm going to stay and prove I'm that guy. Just like in Joe's case, it doesn't take much to conclude players like Vidal, Machisio, etc are simply better action AMs. Nothing Silva can do will change that.

So the issue is not about proving yourself, Joe has already done that. So has Silva for that matter. The issue is whether what they are great at, is what the coach values most. If it isn't, then they lose by default.

If I'm Joe, and it happens, I walk in the summer. And I'd totally understand.
That's just a long winded way of saying you wouldn't have the bollocks to fight for your place.
Out of interest, and I've asked the question a couple of times on the thread - who would you sign when Caballero leaves?
I'm sure you've got a database on every keeper in football so I'd be interested to know your opinion.

And how much have you seen of Ter Stegan to say he's much better?

It looks more like Hart is getting coached into punching the crosses all the time instead of catching it.

Don't forget the Spanish league is completely different than the Premier League it's a lot more physical here. De Gea used to struggle commanding his area.

Cabellero was one of the best in the Spanish league before we signed him and he hasn't looked convincing at the back, League Cup aside.
Not even sure how relevant the Spanish League is he's never picked.
Still he may be the next Eike Immel.

Ter Stegen might be one of the few goalkeepers to ply in 3 big leagues at his age ! He is immense in those CL matches.

I honestly can not see him coming to play second fiddle once again and not start in the league, or he would stay at Barca..
It's never really been done in the PL, to have a keeper play in the league and the other in the CL
Real Madrid and Barca are the two who have notably done it over the past few years, but the thing is; Joe Hart has excelled in the CL, much more so than the PL

Ter Stegan has obvious strengths with the ball at his feet, but we are going to need a few centre halves with the calmness to dribble the ball about the 6 yard box 15 times a game as shown in the videos on this thread, cause I cant see Mangala being the one... and Otamendi would probably slide tackle the ball boy or post if he got that close to his own goal so...

I'm a simple girl my lovely and self confessed idiot when it comes to tactics lol
I do think that keepers here punch rather than catch because there are a lot of fast paced crosses,remember de gea was bad in his first year as he had to adapt,coming from spain this could mean this kid would also find it hard.I'm a joe fan,he does more than enough for me and with a new coach i think he will put in the hours to improve

And how much have you seen of Ter Stegan to say he's much better?

It looks more like Hart is getting coached into punching the crosses all the time instead of catching it.

Don't forget the Spanish league is completely different than the Premier League it's a lot more physical here. De Gea used to struggle commanding his area.

Cabellero was one of the best in the Spanish league before we signed him and he hasn't looked convincing at the back, League Cup aside.

While ter Stegen is coming from the Spanish League, he is German and has 3 1/2 seasons of experience in the Bundesliga, where they are more than happy to bang in a cross to a big physical CF or 2. He won't have the same difficult adapting that someone like De Gea did.

Joe Hart will stay and fight for Manchester City place under Pep Guardiola

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nd-fight-for-manchester-city-place-under-pep/.

"England international Hart is aware that Ter Stegen has agreed to join City in the summer after choosing to link up with Pep Guardiola, rather than joining Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.

Hart believes he is no different to any other City player who has to prove himself worthy of a first-team place and will relish the challenge of going up against Germany international Ter Stegen."

That's what we like to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.