Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
If ter Stegen comes and proves himself better than Hart, forces him out the team and that forces Hart to leave, then so be it. If ter Stegen proves himself better for us then Hart then I don't really see what the problem is with that, it's good for us. We can't refuse to buy potential improvements on our players just because we might like our current players

If ter Stegen comes and proves himself better than Hart, forces him out the team and that forces Hart to leave, then so be it. If ter Stegen proves himself better for us then Hart then I don't really see what the problem is with that, it's good for us. We can't refuse to buy potential improvements on our players just because we might like our current players
There has already been a fair few on here willing to see the back of Silva, Kompany, Yaya and Zabaletta so I'm not sure how this is too much different.
I appreciate that age and fitness play a part in the above but the sentiment is the same.

Which Club-Trained Player do we replace him with? We're already struggling to meet the player registration rules.

Who would you sign to replace Caballero?

I don't know, I'm never quite sure what teams should do about second goalkeepers - if you have two of equal ability then one will inevitably feel disenfranchised and want to leave but if you sign a weaker backup then your options are more limited.

The important point, though, is that we can sign absolutely anyone to replace Caballero as he's neither a Home-Grown nor a Club-Trained Player.

Which Club-Trained Player do we replace him with? We're already struggling to meet the player registration rules.
Hart isn't club trained, so I don't suppose it's relevant. If Hart leaves at the end of the year having lost a battle for the number one spot then Gunn could easily step up to be an outright backup for Ter Stegen. But it's all ifs anyway, Hart could just as easily prove that he's capable of playing our from the back and keep the number one spot and it could just as easily be Ter Stegen leaving after a year

There has already been a fair few on here willing to see the back of Silva, Kompany, Yaya and Zabaletta so I'm not sure how this is too much different.
I appreciate that age and fitness play a part in the above but the sentiment is the same.

sentiment may play a part but football these days more of a bussines and if you want to be the best in bussines you have to be ruthless...if ter stegen buy will result in hart dismise in the end that so be i'm all for it

Seems a pretty pivotal part of Pep's philosophy and plans to get a 'keeper in like Ter-Stegen. I have no qualms with Hart leaving if he does, plenty have left before and they will in the future.

I don't see Hart leaving straight away, Pep probably wouldn't want him too.

sentiment may play a part but football these days more of a bussines and if you want to be the best in bussines you have to be ruthless...if ter stegen buy will result in hart dismise in the end that so be i'm all for it
Football remains a team sport as well as being a business and having a team and club ethic contributes to a strong performance and hence the successful business. Although no single member of the team is irreplaceable taking out important members should be done with care and only when the replacement is clearly superior in my view.
This is not to say we should not buy Ter Stegen but I would be loath to lose Hart if he is not a significant upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.