Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a bit funny that people are against this considering we are actually improving on our overall keepers positions if we replace Willy with Ter Stegen, Its a massive upgrade. In a way a lot of us on here are scared cos it provides more competition? Surely having Ter Stegen against Hart is better than Willy against Hart. Its an improvement.

I would take him for 20 mill anyday. Milan value their 17 year old keeper at 40 mill. I am pretty sure we will spend whatever we want so putting money on a backup/competitive keeper shouldn't be an issue.

Personally don't see a problem with it if it's happening,a top notch replacement for either should one get injured.
How many times have we moaned,myself included,when Kompany or Aguero have been out and we haven't had a "top notch" replacement.
Bit of competition won't harm nobody,your the inform player in your position,you play,simple IMO.
We had the argument before the COC final regards Willy playing,don't think there would of been a debate if it was Stegen,most would of been more comfortable with it.

Its a bit funny that people are against this considering we are actually improving on our overall keepers positions if we replace Willy with Ter Stegen, Its a massive upgrade. In a way a lot of us on here are scared cos it provides more competition? Surely having Ter Stegen against Hart is better than Willy against Hart. Its an improvement.

I would take him for 20 mill anyday. Milan value their 17 year old keeper at 40 mill. I am pretty sure we will spend whatever we want so putting money on a backup/competitive keeper shouldn't be an issue.

The problem is that Ter Steven isn't being bought to replace Caballero as Hart's backup, he's being bought to push Hart into the backup spot. Under that situation, I can see Joe leaving within the year. In fact I don't see it as impossible that Pep might even seek to build funds for our massive rebuild by asking the club to sell Joe straight away and find a cheaper backup.

Hart is the only real player we can boast of having nurtured from a young age into the first team tight now and this signing leads inexorably to him leaving.

When it comes to players being got rid off i think how would i feel if we are playing against them and i would not want to see joe lineup against us

Joe is one of us and been with us since we were shite. He doesn't need replacing, fantastic keeper who is underated by not only other fans, but ours too.

As for nails saying I don't enough about goalkeeping, give it a rest.
But you clearly do not.

While ter Stegen is coming from the Spanish League, he is German and has 3 1/2 seasons of experience in the Bundesliga, where they are more than happy to bang in a cross to a big physical CF or 2. He won't have the same difficult adapting that someone like De Gea did.

Good point. He'll provide stern competition, at the very least, if he arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.