Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be disappointed if true. No way we're paying £20 million for a backup keeper, so that would be Joe on the way out (not a chance of him sitting on the bench either) and given his HG status and his undoubted talents (regardless of what the whingers think) would be saddening to me.

nothing against you but it s doing my head in when i heard people he will come to be on the bench...??!!! what really make people to believe that he will come here to just sit on the bench?? he wil come here to push hart and compete with him not to stay on the bench

I'll be disappointed if true. No way we're paying £20 million for a backup keeper, so that would be Joe on the way out (not a chance of him sitting on the bench either) and given his HG status and his undoubted talents (regardless of what the whingers think) would be saddening to me.

It won't be for back-up keeper but a challenger / successor to Hart. If we do sign him, I hope Hart stays and fights for his place. I think a lot of people underestimate Hart because he does not often have to make many saves and therefore does not have to shine as much as he might in a worse team. What I would say is that City do concede goals from too high a percentage of the shots allowed and I don't know if another keeper would produce a significantly better saves to shots ratio in the same circumstances.

I also don't know if Hart's perceived distribution issues are more about him than having team mates available for the short ball.

Replacing Hart is certainly not a priority from my perspective in this window: there's far greater priorities but if it fits the budget, no harm in upping the talent level in the keeping options. Also, if Pep & Co have well founded concerns over Joe's ability to successfully start play from the back time after time, it has to be addressed because building from the back is a cornerstone of Pep's modus operandi = 15 passes etc...

Sounds like Barca aren't willing to sell, and are trying hard to persuade him to stay.

I might be a bit out here, but what's with this obsession about a keeper being great with his feet, unless he can kick it away whilst it's arrowing into the top corner, I just don't care. Keepers are always going to be more accurate throwing/rolling the ball out anyway

Chelsea paid 12 million for begovic, he is no2. Who else would you get? Cos i love willy but he aint good enouh and one game dont change that

I might be a bit out here, but what's with this obsession about a keeper being great with his feet, unless he can kick it away whilst it's arrowing into the top corner, I just don't care. Keepers are always going to be more accurate throwing/rolling the ball out anyway
Because you have an extra outfield player.

Presumably those that think Hart isnt good enough want him sold regardless of whether Stegen comes or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.