Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really remember Valdes at Barcelona, but Neuer was a ball playing keeper before Pep arrived at Bayern. He obviously prefers the ball out short and for the team to move the ball up the pitch together, but that's as much about the whole defence and midfielders working together as it is about the keeper, I can't see why Hart can't play a short pass quickly if he has confidence the players can deal with it and won't give it straight back to him. When people talk about Harts distribution they usually mean his kicking which isn't the best and is usually at shorter players.

The thing with Neuer is that you can always pass the ball to him even under pressure. He is not just a good goalkeeper but could play atleast 2nd or 3rd league as a field player. Like this he is not just the goalkeeper but like an additional field player - and is essential playing the high line Pep prefers (and is needed to keep small distances between the players for the short passing game)

Presumably those that think Hart isnt good enough want him sold regardless of whether Stegen comes or not?

For me if Hart gets the job, Stegen will go, and vice versa.

A lot have said that we have to have a ball playing keeper in a Guardiola team.

Wasnt really considered an issue before Stegen was linked. But if it is an issue, and it's accepted that will be one aspect Hart will never excel at tgen surely he's for the chop regardless.

We do need a ball playing keeper.

Either Hart adapts and improves that area of his game, or he will have to leave.

Hart will stay for at least a year to fight for his place, I can't believe anyone actually doubts that, so he'll have a year to improve or he'll get usurped by ter Stegen.

And I'm sure ter Stegen would leave after a year if Hart fended him off - that wouldn't be a problem really.

I think it's funny that so many people are against this, it's like they love Hart but don't actually think he's good enough to beat ter Stegen's challenge if he comes.

Chelsea paid 12 million for begovic, he is no2. Who else would you get? Cos i love willy but he aint good enouh and one game dont change that

Begovic would have been perfect. He's a very good goalkeeper who is more than good enough to push Hart/stand in when needed. He's Homegrown too and £12M is a bargain.

Hart will stay for at least a year to fight for his place, I can't believe anyone actually doubts that, so he'll have a year to improve or he'll get usurped by ter Stegen.

I have my doubts. Wouldnt really blame him either. At this point in his career a year on the sidelines, or cup games only is the last think he needs.

think it's funny that so many people are against this, it's like they love Hart but don't actually think he's good enough to beat ter Stegen's challenge if he comes.

I don't think Stegen would come if he hasnt already been given the nod. So under those circumstances I don't imagine Hart would beat Stegens "challenge"

We do need a ball playing keeper.

Either Hart adapts and improves that area of his game, or he will have to leave.

And I'm sure ter Stegen would leave after a year if Hart fended him off - that wouldn't be a problem really.

I think it's funny that so many people are against this, it's like they love Hart but don't actually think he's good enough to beat ter Stegen's challenge if he comes.

It's like I've entered some alternate universe where the primary measurement of excellence for a goalkeeper has suddenly become his ability to carry the ball up over the halfway line, dribble past the opposition's midfield and then rifle the ball into the top corner from 25 yards. What the actual fuck?!!
I don't see Courtois or De Gea ever doing that and no-one's suggesting they will have to adapt or leave their clubs, so why the hell should it be a measuring stick for Hart?
I can't believe we're 35 pages into a thread contemplating the removal of the national team's goalkeeper because he isn't Lionel Messi

It's like I've entered some alternate universe where the primary measurement of excellence for a goalkeeper has suddenly become his ability to carry the ball up over the halfway line, dribble past the opposition's midfield and then rifle the ball into the top corner from 25 yards. What the actual fuck?!!
I don't see Courtois or De Gea ever doing that and no-one's suggesting they will have to adapt or leave their clubs, so why the hell should it be a measuring stick for Hart?
I can't believe we're 35 pages into a thread contemplating the removal of the national team's goalkeeper because he isn't Lionel Messi

You're talking more shit. Nobody is asking him to do that but pep wants somebody comfortable on the ball and I don't think he is. He likes to rush and boot it up mainly back to the opposition.

Mourinho, Simeone, Hiddink, Ferguson, Moyes and Van Gaal don't play with a system that requires a high degree of comfort and competency with the ball at the feet of the keeper. Pep does

I see some ranting and tears when Pep rocks up at the Etihad next season especially with some players he may want to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.