Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're talking more shit. Nobody is asking him to do that but pep wants somebody comfortable on the ball and I don't think he is. He likes to rush and boot it up mainly back to the opposition.

I'm exaggerating to make a point you ninny, but if you think removing an excellent goalkeeper, who has the very important added bonus of being English and helping us meet whatever bullshit targets UEFA and Dyke may dream up, on the very contestable grounds that he "allegedly" hesitates over his distribution, is either prudent or a priority, please say so. I get that Pep likes his keepers to play a certain way, but Hart's other attributes more than make up for any perceived shortcomings in lesser areas of importance than actually keeping the ball out of our net IMO

Last edited:
I'm exaggerating to make a point you ninny, but if you think removing an excellent goalkeeper, who has the very important added bonus of being English and helping us meet whatever bullshit targets UEFA and Dyke may dream up, on the very contestable grounds that he "allegedly" hesitates over his distribution, is either prudent or a priority, please say so. I get that Pep likes his keepers to play a certain way, but Hart's other attributes more than make up for any perceived shortcomings in lesser areas of importance than actually keeping the ball out of our net IMO

Well apparently Guardiola doesn't think Hart's other strengths do outweigh his massive shortcomings in an area of the game which is vital to how Pep wants his teams to play. Hence why he wants a new goalkeeper.

We as a club have chased Pep for how long four years ? We now have him onboard ,so we have to now build a team and play in the style that he wants to play otherwise what was the point in getting Pep? We cannot have arguably the best manager in world football if we then tie one hand behind his back because he wants to change some fans favourite players. If we don't allow Pep full reign then there was no point in hiring him in the first place . Hart is a good keeper up there with the best in the world ,BUT he doesn't play in the style that Pep wants as a goalkeeper, hence Pep won't be able to get the team playing the style of football he wants to play . It's going to be hard seeing favourites leave but it's gonna happen , we have to give Pep a free hand and stand by his judgement if we are to get the best out of his appointment.

There are 3 other German GK's I'd hope for before ter Stegen. He makes a lot of mistakes. Yes, sometimes looks amazing but not always a great decision maker. Give me Neur, Leno and Trapp all before 20 million dollar man who never started a La Liga game. Joe Hart is part of the fabric of City. Yes, you wish for a youth and class revolution. Hart is not part of the problem IMO and deserves to stay and play.

If Joe is good enough he will keep the number one. Nobody can have anything against proper competition, Willy did not provide this.
Yeah, of course. He would give more competition. But I think that a new goalkeeper isn't a priority. Ter Stegen's rumoured price would be around £20m and that's quite a lot for a 2nd choice keeper (competing for the #1 spot). That money could be used for something else as we have a massive squad overhaul coming in the summer and a lot of money is going to be spent.

Yeah, of course. He would give more competition. But I think that a new goalkeeper isn't a priority. Ter Stegen's rumoured price would be around £20m and that's quite a lot for a 2nd choice keeper (competing for the #1 spot). That money could be used for something else as we have a massive squad overhaul coming in the summer and a lot of money is going to be spent.

Are we short of cash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.