Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my doubts about this deal. Very difficult to get player(s) from Barca/Real if they do not want to get rid. In this case it seems like Ter Stegen may want to leave but Barca wont want to sell.

Really? Fancy pointing out anything I've said that's wrong?

Your comment, like most here is basically "BUT JOE'S A GREAT SHOTSTOPPER!!!!!"

Yes he is, but thats not enough, and I don't believe any City fan thinking rationally actually thinks Hart is composed and calm with the ball at his feet, and it's just Pellegrini that's stopping him from showing off his brilliant skill on the ball. You can see he is not, just by looking at him whenever the ball does actually go back to him, and the reluctance with which any of the back four actually involves him.

He's not good on the ball, and if he's going to stay then he's going to have to change that, or Pep will bench him and then sell him.

I hope he adapts, I'm not convinced he will, but I hope he does as I'd love for Hart to stay. But I'm glad we are linked with goalkeepers so that if he can't deliver what Guardiola want's we don't sacrifice an entire season because the goalkeeper can't do what he has to do.
It's gonna be a tough sell mate, people don't want to see Harts deficiencies. Making light of his lack of ball skills and arguing he's a good shot stopper is all well and good - well it is if you've never watched a Guardiola team.
The simple fact is if he doesn't raise his game in that area he won't be our number one for long.

I have my doubts about this deal. Very difficult to get player(s) from Barca/Real if they do not want to get rid. In this case it seems like Ter Stegen may want to leave but Barca wont want to sell.

Barcelona aren't in the habit of keeping players who don't want to be there. There will be a huge queue of top young goalkeepers willing to move to Barcelona and take ter Stegens spot if he's not happy. They'll sell if they can't convince him he's ok with being the Cup keeper for a few more years.

IF and I mean IF Ter Stegen is so bloody good why isn't he Barcelona No1?? As most have stated on here. Hart is a better keeper, and the few who disagree are making out Ter Stegen is the next coming, Really!

IF and I mean IF Ter Stegen is so bloody good why isn't he Barcelona No1?? As most have stated on here. Hart is a better keeper, and the few who disagree are making out Ter Stegen is the next coming, Really!
Well he does seem to be Germany's number 2 keeper now, and they do have quite a lot of very good keepers. At 23 he is very young still, so I would imagine he would only get better. Having 2 equally good keepers is I think a good thing. Will make both of them better. And what's 20 million ...?

I haven't seen anybody say Stegan is the better keeper. I've seen plenty say it would be a great signing and he fits the profile of a Guardiola team. The rest have just been getting arsed because they don't like the thought of Joe being put under pressure.
It's all a bit weird tbh.

Barcelona aren't in the habit of keeping players who don't want to be there. There will be a huge queue of top young goalkeepers willing to move to Barcelona and take ter Stegens spot if he's not happy. They'll sell if they can't convince him he's ok with being the Cup keeper for a few more years.
Yeah, you may be right. Though if Barca offer him number 1 spot next season then that might change his mind.

I haven't seen anybody say Stegan is the better keeper. I've seen plenty say it would be a great signing and he fits the profile of a Guardiola team. The rest have just been getting arsed because they don't like the thought of Joe being put under pressure.
It's all a bit weird tbh.

Thats a pretty big misreprentation to be honest.

Thats a pretty big misreprentation to be honest.
Really? The posts I have read which oppose this have mainly been along the lines that we don't need him because Hart is already a top keeper, he's been with us for ages and we don't need to prioritise that position.
It all comes down to them not wanting Hart to have to fight for his place.
What would you say the feeling is?

Well, Pablo1 if no one has stated Ter Stegen is a better keeper the debate is over, we don't need him. A back up keeper is warranted and a home grown keeper would more than fit the bill, till our own youngsters come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.