Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
We as a club have chased Pep for how long four years ? We now have him onboard ,so we have to now build a team and play in the style that he wants to play otherwise what was the point in getting Pep? We cannot have arguably the best manager in world football if we then tie one hand behind his back because he wants to change some fans favourite players. If we don't allow Pep full reign then there was no point in hiring him in the first place . Hart is a good keeper up there with the best in the world ,BUT he doesn't play in the style that Pep wants as a goalkeeper, hence Pep won't be able to get the team playing the style of football he wants to play . It's going to be hard seeing favourites leave but it's gonna happen , we have to give Pep a free hand and stand by his judgement if we are to get the best out of his appointment.

Couldn't have said it better

Coach Joe to improve his distribution and bring in HG #2

If Joe can't improve then we move on, but he deserves the chance to adapt.

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. If Hart could play with his feet like Pep needs his keepers to then everyone would pick Joe.

The same journalist who reported the deal also said Hart is "relishing the fight" and will definitely stay, believing he'll win just like he did vs. Caballero.

Well, Pablo1 if no one has stated Ter Stegen is a better keeper the debate is over, we don't need him. A back up keeper is warranted and a home grown keeper would more than fit the bill, till our own youngsters come through.
That might be your opinion. I don't share it. If reports are true, neither does our new manager.

Really? The posts I have read which oppose this have mainly been along the lines that we don't need him because Hart is already a top keeper, he's been with us for ages and we don't need to prioritise that position.
It all comes down to them not wanting Hart to have to fight for his place.
What would you say the feeling is?
I'd say the feeling us that two top line keepers at a club rarely works. Particularly when both are at a stage of their career where they need to be playing.

So it'll end up one or the other, with the loser moving on after wasting a year of their career.

Also, I think a lot are prioritising distribution over keeping the ball out of the net. Wrongly imo.

But a few days ago not too many were saying that our keeper was a problem that needed fixing.

I'd say the feeling us that two top line keepers at a club rarely works. Particularly when both are at a stage of their career where they need to be playing.

So it'll end up one or the other, with the loser moving on after wasting a year of their career.
We see it different then. No big deal. I think Hart needs to be pushed and I think Stegan is good enough to be that man to do it.
If Harts game improves it's great for us. If he struggles and Stegan comes in and improves us then it's great for us. Either way, football is a ruthless game at this level and whoever comes out on top would have earned his place.

Really? Fancy pointing out anything I've said that's wrong?

Your comment, like most here is basically "BUT JOE'S A GREAT SHOTSTOPPER!!!!!"

Yes he is, but thats not enough, and I don't believe any City fan thinking rationally actually thinks Hart is composed and calm with the ball at his feet, and it's just Pellegrini that's stopping him from showing off his brilliant skill on the ball. You can see he is not, just by looking at him whenever the ball does actually go back to him, and the reluctance with which any of the back four actually involves him.

He's not good on the ball, and if he's going to stay then he's going to have to change that, or Pep will bench him and then sell him.

I hope he adapts, I'm not convinced he will, but I hope he does as I'd love for Hart to stay. But I'm glad we are linked with goalkeepers so that if he can't deliver what Guardiola want's we don't sacrifice an entire season because the goalkeeper can't do what he has to do.

Nice to see you totally ignored what I was saying about English/Home-Grown players and the complete lack of movement in the team as a whole. Still, I expected as much, so lets wait till the team players start to move into space to receive a pass before we compare oranges and apples. Personally I prefer comparing oranges with oranges and apples with apples.
Hart is a lot better than you think - especially if our players could actually move to TRY and get into space to receive a pass or a throw-out .

Last edited:
We see it different then. No big deal. I think Hart needs to be pushed and I think Stegan is good enough to be that man to do it.
If Harts game improves it's great for us. If he struggles and Stegan comes in and improves us then it's great for us. Either way, football is a ruthless game at this level and whoever comes out on top would have earned his place.

We have disagreed on previous topics recently, but your spot on with this. Win win all day long

That might be your opinion. I don't share it. If reports are true, neither does our new manager.
I also don't share it,we have 3 keepers at the moment.Two of them are pointless and the other needs to improve in many many departments.

Nice to see you totally ignored what I was saying about English/Home-Grown players and the complete lack of movement in the team as a whole. Still, I expected as much, so lets wait till the team players start to move into space to receive a pass before we compare oranges and apples. Personally I prefer comparing oranges with oranges and apples with apples.
Hart is a lot better than you think - especially if our players could actually move to TRY and get into space to receive a pass or a throw-out .

The home grown thing really isn't all that important now. After next season Denayer will be HG, and Iheanacho will follow, as will any academy players Pep brings through while he's here.

Hart isn't better than I think. You only need to look at the man when he has possession of the ball to see he's not comfortable.

And he's not short of options in 80% of the time he receives the ball in open play. He might not have the 3 or 4 that Pep will offer the goalkeeper but he always has a couple - the centrebacks always split and find space to receive when the ball goes back to him.

You are absolutely deluded if you think Joe hart can play in Pep's system right now. Best case scenario is he works incredibly hard and becomes good enough that his other attributes and standing at the club are enough to retain his place.

Your affection toward a player who has been here 9 years and served us well is making you completely blind to seeing that he simply doesn't have that part of the game and never has - as others pointed out it nearly cost him his place before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.