Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, buying a decent keeper who fits Guardiolas way of playing, is young and has big game experience. Fucking awful.

This team will have no identity at all in a couple of years. Not to mention the homegrown issue.

This team will have no identity at all in a couple of years. Not to mention the homegrown issue.
We're about to embark on a period where our identity is going to go through some big changes. You need to get used to that mate. I'd say withinn 18 months pretty much everyone of our title winning team will be gone or bit part players. Ironically Hart is one of the couple who could remain an ever present if he wants it enough.

We're about to embark on a period where our identity is going to go through some big changes. You need to get used to that mate. I'd say withinn 18 months pretty much everyone of our title winning team will be gone or bit part players. Ironically Hart is one of the couple who could remain an ever present if he wants it enough.
Yeah that's fine. Not many top sides have been built without a core of players who have been together for years, (either having graduated from the youth academy or joined in their early twenties).
Ironically Pep's two clubs (current and former) are prime examples. I hope he's aware of this and doesn't dispense immediately of our core: Zaba, Kompany and Hart in particular, and even tries to add to it by dipping into the CFA.

Yeah that's fine. Not many top sides have been built without a core of players who have been together for years, (either having graduated from the youth academy or joined in their early twenties).
Ironically Pep's two clubs (current and former) are prime examples. I hope he's aware of this and doesn't dispense immediately of our core: Zaba, Kompany and Hart in particular, and even tries to add to it by dipping into the CFA.
I think the big hope is we'll finally have somebody who puts trust in youngsters so there's every chance we'll see more impact from the CFA.
I'd love to see the main men of our recent success given at least 12 months under Pep. I think Hart, Kompany, silva and Zabaleta all have a part to play still. After that I guess Pep will have a better idea of who can stay and who can go. It's going to be a fun ride whatever happens.

Alright, if you want me to elaborate for you......

1. You are advocating replacing a proven, top quality goalkeeper, with 57 international caps to his name and still in his 20's, with someone relatively inexperienced, who has played the grand total of 4 games in 2 seasons for his current club.
2. Joe Hart is arguably the best one on one shot blocker in world football, in the top half dozen (IMO) when it comes to the spectacular stuff, and at 6ft 4', a real physical presence in a very physical league. I too would prefer him to catch the ball from corners, but if you want to cite that (along with his supposedly suspect distribution - which I personally would call bullshit given that he only ever has a collection of diddymen to aim at) as grounds to get rid, then frankly I think you're certifiable.
3. Joe Hart is English. Our inadequate home grown quota has already led to us being held over a barrel once, when that bastard Milner played silly buggers over signing a new contract safe in the knowledge that due to FFP restrictions, we couldn't afford to offload him because of his nationality. Ditching Hart would pretty much leave us with Delph, Clichy and Sterling in that capacity. Quite apart from leaving us short on squad numbers, it would also make us vulnerable to legislative change dreamt up by rag c*nts like Gill and Dyke, the latter of whom would love nothing more than to up the home grown quota, a) because it would suit the rags, the dippers, the Arse and Spurs to do so, and b) because it would stiff us.
4. A lesser point, but Joe Hart is effectively one of our own. A big character who loves the club and who is (IMO) good for morale.

Is Joe Hart perfect? No, of course not. He drops the odd ricket, like the fuck up at home to Swansea or the soft scuffer he let in from Lallana recently, just like any other keeper, but that notwithstanding he's a fucking good goalie, who's saved our bacon on umpteen occasions. As priorities go, trying to find a replacement for him is pretty much second only to selling Aguero on my list. There, will that do for you?

Fucking totally agree.

Sorry mate but I genuinely believe Zab is on the decline and Vinnie has become too unreliable. I don't see either being considered part of Pep's core

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. If Hart could play with his feet like Pep needs his keepers to then everyone would pick Joe.

The same journalist who reported the deal also said Hart is "relishing the fight" and will definitely stay, believing he'll win just like he did vs. Caballero.

If Pep thinks his GK is a problem and needs replacing he's in for a shock when he sees the rest of the team

IMO money needs spending elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.