Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but this is absurd if City do this again, like they did with Kane. What's the point in 'making someone your priority target', find out the fee, claim it's £20m more than you want to pay and that you'll walk away if it's not lowered!? Particularly after selling a LB.

Brighton have no need or obligation to lower their estimation by such a great amount. Bizarre strategy.
When you refer to City as “they”, it makes me wonder who you support? Surely you’d say “we”? And Zinchenko isn’t a left back

what, that said we'll walk away if the price isn't right? I don't think anyone doubted that

I just don't see the panic at all, of course we walk away if the price isn't right, we'll get someone else and they'll be great. or we'll get him and he'll be great. as long as we get a fullback i'm chilling.

The problem with the other options we're linked with is it would leave us in the same position we have been for years. With a LB who is crap defensively. Normally I'm all for us walking away and chasing alternatives but not on this one.

Cucurella ticks all the boxes on what we need and I find it weird we're being this stubborn when we paid the same amount for Walker and we have made so much money selling players. Maybe it's all Twitter bollocks and we'll get it sorted.

How can city honestly say with a straight face that cucurella is worth £30 mil? He is Brighton’s best player, has 4 years left on his contract and I assume we think he is better than zinchenko who we have just sold for circa £30 mil so how can we price them at the same price bracket?

It makes no sense and if we neglect the left back position again this summer and go into the season with just the 2 fbs then it will massively take the gloss off the summer business imo.

We paid £50 mil for Walker, mendy and more for cancelo. I really don’t think £50 mil is a bad asking price. cucurella has the potential to be one of the best lbs in the world Imo and would sort one of our biggest weaknesses.

I'm sorry but this is absurd if City do this again, like they did with Kane. What's the point in 'making someone your priority target', find out the fee, claim it's £20m more than you want to pay and that you'll walk away if it's not lowered!? Particularly after selling a LB.

Brighton have no need or obligation to lower their estimation by such a great amount. Bizarre strategy.

Except you’re basing it on potentially flaky reports on potentially dubious negotiating positions.

Last edited:

So if you saw a house in a nice area where houses are worth 150k and you were quoted £300k you would just buy it because that’s the house you wanted???
You would be skint very quickly with those negotiating skills!!
Brighton have no obligation to sell at any price, but if the lad feels it’s a fair price and they are taking the piss coz it’s city then he may have to force the move
The deal will be done for 35m with add ons
It will get reported as 50m coz it’s us

Something doesn’t add up,going by a few media reports City and Brighton £20 mill apart on valuation,yet we let zinchenko go and now may possibly move on to 2nd or 3rd choice targets,or stick as it is and make do,we have got by previous seasons without a proper recognised LB,but surely if we don’t bring one in its tempting fate to catch up with us,a bit like playing without a recognised striker,could we have went another season without one possibly but why take that risk,we have sorted that position now ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.