Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can city honestly say with a straight face that cucurella is worth £30 mil? He is Brighton’s best player, has 4 years left on his contract and I assume we think he is better than zinchenko who we have just sold for circa £30 mil so how can we price them at the same price bracket?

It makes no sense and if we neglect the left back position again this summer and go into the season with just the 2 fbs then it will massively take the gloss off the summer business imo.

We paid £50 mil for Walker, mendy and more for cancelo. I really don’t think £50 mil is a bad asking price. cucurella has the potential to be one of the best lbs in the world Imo and would sort one of our biggest weaknesses.
We bought mendy from Monaco who got to champions league semis and walker was the best right back in the league and an established international
Cucurella has potential to do that but hasn’t yet

Something doesn’t add up,going by a few media reports City and Brighton £20 mill apart on valuation,yet we let zinchenko go and now may possibly move on to 2nd or 3rd choice targets,or stick as it is and make do,we have got by previous seasons without a proper recognised LB,but surely if we don’t bring one in its tempting fate to catch up with us,a bit like playing without a recognised striker,could we have went another season without one possibly but why take that risk,we have sorted that position now ..
Exactly this doesn't add up.
So I think they know for certain they have a LB lined up. No other explanation

Probably wrong, but maybe the '20 million apart' is related to the structure of the deal, with Brighton wanting all/majority of the transfer fee up front?

We bought mendy from Monaco who got to champions league semis and walker was the best right back in the league and an established international
Cucurella has potential to do that but hasn’t yet
I agree we shouldn't overpay. But then we got jack for 100M . what had he done worth 100M? Just saying these examples don't mean anything

Probably wrong, but maybe the '20 million apart' is related to the structure of the deal, with Brighton wanting all/majority of the transfer up front?

But why would that be a problem given how much money we have made on player sales this window? Like none of it makes sense. We're acting like we're skint when we're not.

We only can afford to pay £30m because the Sheikh needs a new kitchen out into the house!

Either that or he is taking dividends…we have finally arrived to the chosen land. All hail greedy owners and debt.

1. Cucu is a Catalan and not from Brighton as you lot would like to believe. Guess what, our Coach and CEO are Catalans too.
2. His young family would not mind settling in rainy Manchester if their family income tripled.
3. Cucu would be playing in a top team challemging for honours with a top coach and in the Champions League.
4. He will be crossing to Haaland instead of whoever your number 9 is. Will make his case for starting in NT stronger if he plays here.

Now if you decline these things to Cucu, I am not sure he would be very happy about it. As was the case with Harry Kane, if you miss the boat with us, we dont hang about for too long.
We have Catalans in our club too (Bruno).

I agree we shouldn't overpay. But then we got jack for 100M what had he done worth 100M? Just saying these examples don't mean anything
I don’t get us haggling over this transfer which is desperately needed and will no doubt improve us yet where happy to blow a ludicrous amount of money on someone who didn’t actually improve our starting eleven.

Not even having a pop at grealish but paying that fee and not willing to pay £50 mil for cucurella is completely ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.