Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree we shouldn't overpay. But then we got jack for 100M . what had he done worth 100M? Just saying these examples don't mean anything
All in all is it not a good thing that they don’t want to overpay for him though

When you refer to City as “they”, it makes me wonder who you support? Surely you’d say “we”? And Zinchenko isn’t a left back

Yes, I referred to City as they as it's in reference to those conducting this negotiation - the insinuation that it would mean that I support another club is idiotic.

Zinchenko is a midfielder who played 117 out of 127 games for City as Left Back - for us (happy?), he was a left back.

Can be a weak indicator sometimes given the level of possession and the infrequency of attacks we face; also the autonomy to be attack minded that he’s afforded will naturally get him caught out at times… even with that, we still had the best defence!
Think he might even be an auxiliary midfielder at times next season

All in all is it not a good thing that they don’t want to overpay for him though
I guess it depends whether you think £50 mil is overpaying. Personally think it’s more than a fair price for their player of the season and I can’t believe we thought we could get the deal done for £30 mil

With respect, if it doesn't happen I very much doubt it's cos he decides to give Brighton one more year

He'll probably get this one and only chance to join the champions and a club effectively run by Catalans and managed by the best Catalan manager in history

I expect him and his family are desperate to make the move
I don't think hes as desperate as you think and wehave Catalan coach aswell.

We paid £50 mil for Walker, mendy and more for cancelo. I really don’t think £50 mil is a bad asking price. cucurella has the potential to be one of the best lbs in the world Imo and would sort one of our biggest weaknesses.

In the case of Walker and Mendy, several years back, too. This guy has just had an outstanding season for his club. Without him, it’s doubtful they would have got even ninth place.
Oh yeah, and we got about three matches out of Benjamin Mendy. Made some posts on Twitter, though.
If there’s any truth to this, £30 million as an opening bid is almost taking the piss. Stump up the money, City. It’ll be worth it.

I agree we shouldn't overpay. But then we got jack for 100M . what had he done worth 100M? Just saying these examples don't mean anything
Nothing. He had a release clause of £100m.

The only way we could get Grealish is by paying the release clause.

It Cucurella doesn’t have one, it’s irrelevant to this transfer.

I don’t get us haggling over this transfer which is desperately needed and will no doubt improve us yet where happy to blow a ludicrous amount of money on someone who didn’t actually improve our starting eleven.

Not even having a pop at grealish but paying that fee and not willing to pay £50 mil for cucurella is completely ridiculous
Agree. If they have something good enough that a lower price that's fair enough. But we absolutely need an LB. Otherwise it makes no sense selling zinchenko

Can we not just split the difference and meet them at 40 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.