Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still paid those prices and I can name others like Walker for £50m 5 years ago. Again why is it unreasonable that you pay about the same fee as all those other players.
Maybe that's how the club rates cucurella. We don't know tbh. And in recent years we have overpaid for players. Maybe this year on we have decided to stop doing that. Who knows. To sign haaland and kalvin we haven't broke the bank. Very reasonable fee

You still paid those prices and I can name others like Walker for £50m 5 years ago. Again why is it unreasonable that you pay about the same fee as all those other players.
You for got one thing, we paid 100m for Jack Grealish, different position/player but it set a bench mark for future transfer fees.

All of those significantly more experienced in CL and domestic football.
Cucurella 1 good season at a midtable team.

Ultimately brightons right to hold out as much as possible. If it ends up with no transfer happening thats then down to the club to manage him. If hes happy to stay then it would be the right thing to do. If hes not, more flexibility should have been shown.
I on purpose put those dates in so all this they were more experienced can be dispelled. Unless you are saying £50m 4/5 years ago is the same today.

Easy

Benjamin mendy £52m 5 years ago
Aymeric Laport £58m 4 years ago
Jao Cancelo £58m 3 years ago
Nathan Ake £40m 2 years ago.

Unless you are saying he is going to be your worst defender then why don't you think its resonable to pay similar prices to these players.
Well, two of those are centrebacks who are notoriously more expensive than full backs

Cancelo was an odd one as he had an overinflated price tag as it was a bit of clever financing as we sold Danilo for £34mil to Juve (think of the deal between Barca/Juve with Arthur and Pjanic)

Also he had over 100 caps between big European clubs Valencia, Inter Milan, Juventus and had been part of Seria A team of rhe year with Inter

Walker was arguably the most consistent if not the best RB in the country for the last 5 or so years before his move, making PFA team of the year 2 times....Plus he was bought from a top 4 contender

Mendy was a disaster, but he'd just powered Monaco through the champions league and was thought of as one of the best in the world that season....also exactly what we needed....but injuries completely drained his ability as he was very pace/power dependent

So on paper, buying your player of the season really doesn't compare to the Walker and Cancelo, two of the best full backs in the world when we bough them

The Ake figure is actually a good one. Ake, a CB, was Bournemouth two time player of the season but that was also Pre-Covid prices

Think £40mil is fair for cucurella, it would put him behind only Hernandez, Cancelo, Mendy, Hakimi, Walker, Wan Bissaka, Chillwell and Ferland Mendy for most expensive full back transfers of all time

Hardly disrespectful offering the same/more than the cost of Zincheko, Tierney etc. As a first bid

You for got one thing, we paid 100m for Jack Grealish, different position/player but it set a bench mark for future transfer fees.
I wanted to concentrate on defensive players but you are right.

I honestly don't see why a figure in the region of £50m is seen as unreasonable.

I’ve not mentioned anything about the value of your lad, It will either get done or not, All I would say is the club are not known for low balling other clubs when it comes to fees we leave that to the Italian clubs, if we think 30 million is a fair starting point then that’s roughly our valuation.

Well, two of those are centrebacks who are notoriously more expensive than full backs

Cancelo was an odd one as he had an overinflated price tag as it was a bit of clever financing as we sold Danilo for £34mil to Juve (think of the deal between Barca/Juve with Arthur and Pjanic)

Also he had over 100 caps between big European clubs Valencia, Inter Milan, Juventus and had been part of Seria A team of rhe year with Inter

Walker was arguably the most consistent if not the best RB in the country for the last 5 or so years before his move, making PFA team of the year 2 times....Plus he was bought from a top 4 contender

Mendy was a disaster, but he'd just powered Monaco through the champions league and was thought of as one of the best in the world that season....also exactly what we needed....but injuries completely drained his ability as he was very pace/power dependent

So on paper, buying your player of the season really doesn't compare to the Walker and Cancelo, two of the best full backs in the world when we bough them

The Ake figure is actually a good one. Ake, a CB, was Bournemouth two time player of the season but that was also Pre-Covid prices

Think £40mil is fair for cucurella, it would put him behind only Hernandez, Cancelo, Mendy, Hakimi, Walker, Wan Bissaka, Chillwell and Ferland Mendy for most expensive full back transfers of all time

Hardly disrespectful offering the same/more than the cost of Zincheko, Tierney etc. As a first bid

40m for Ake was well over value, 50m for Walker was crazy but he has proved to be a bargain.

Cucurella was player of the season and one of the best LB in the league, so that defeats your argument.

We need a LB, Brighton know that, hence we pay Brighton's valuation or move on, they are doing NOTHING wrong.

Easy

Benjamin mendy £52m 5 years ago
Aymeric Laport £58m 4 years ago
Jao Cancelo £58m 3 years ago
Nathan Ake £40m 2 years ago.

Unless you are saying he is going to be your worst defender then why don't you think its resonable to pay similar prices to these players.
The ONLY arguments I would put forward are that the post-pandemic world might be a little different but you have a right to have a fee in mind and we are right to try to negotiate downwards: it is all just part of the dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.