Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to concentrate on defensive players but you are right.

I honestly don't see why a figure in the region of £50m is seen as unreasonable.
It's far from unreasonable for a player you don't want to sell and a player we want, as said before the reasoning on here is incredible.

But you must bend over, take your pants down and let us have our wicked way, otherwise it's simply not fair according to some. FFS

Well, two of those are centrebacks who are notoriously more expensive than full backs

Cancelo was an odd one as he had an overinflated price tag as it was a bit of clever financing as we sold Danilo for £34mil to Juve (think of the deal between Barca/Juve with Arthur and Pjanic)

Also he had over 100 caps between big European clubs Valencia, Inter Milan, Juventus and had been part of Seria A team of rhe year with Inter

Walker was arguably the most consistent if not the best RB in the country for the last 5 or so years before his move, making PFA team of the year 2 times....Plus he was bought from a top 4 contender

Mendy was a disaster, but he'd just powered Monaco through the champions league and was thought of as one of the best in the world that season....also exactly what we needed....but injuries completely drained his ability as he was very pace/power dependent

So on paper, buying your player of the season really doesn't compare to the Walker and Cancelo, two of the best full backs in the world when we bough them

The Ake figure is actually a good one. Ake, a CB, was Bournemouth two time player of the season but that was also Pre-Covid prices

Think £40mil is fair for cucurella, it would put him behind only Hernandez, Cancelo, Mendy, Hakimi, Walker, Wan Bissaka, Chillwell and Ferland Mendy for most expensive full back transfers of all time

Hardly disrespectful offering the same/more than the cost of Zincheko, Tierney etc. As a first bid
Lookat the dates. also are you saying Cucurella isn't as good a player as those??? We said we would sell at a reasonable value and £50m is You say it would put him behind those players at cost Well 3 of those players in Cancelo Mendy and Walker you paid for.

The ONLY arguments I would put forward are that the post-pandemic world might be a little different but you have a right to have a fee in mind and we are right to try to negotiate downwards: it is all just part of the dance.
You do have the right to negotiate but surely the first bid should be the lowest fee you expect to be accepted otherwise whats the point of offering it??

It's far from unreasonable for a player you don't want to sell and a player we want, as said before the reasoning on here is incredible.

But you must bend over, take your pants down and let us have our wicked way, otherwise it's simply not fair according to some. FFS
Thank-you.

You do have the right to negotiate but surely the first bid should be the lowest fee you expect to be accepted otherwise whats the point of offering it??
The great difficulty, in the Twitter age, is knowing what is truth and what is not; I don't know how legitimate this 30m flat fee is - all of our recent purchases have included add-ons so, personally, I doubt that was the full scale of the offer, though equally this is just opinion. Other than that, I agree with you.

No it didn’t. We bought Phillips for a low(ish) fee. We got Alverez on the cheap.
We payed way over value for Grealish, that's my point, but he was a player Pep wanted badly and the club went out and paid the required fee.

We got Phillips for a very reasonable fee, maybe due to him missing most of the season with injury, a young kid from Argentina is a ridiculous comparison.

If Brighton lose this guy are they weakening their team and chances for the season?

You know the answer to that so 50m is a more than reasonable compensation for that.

As said if this is the player we want, pay the fee or move on.

Pointless arguing over what anybody thinks a player is worth. A player is only worth what someone will pay for him. Grealish was worth 100m as that is what we paid for him. Whether a player is good value is another question altogether.

If it happens it happens, until then it's up to the clubs to agree.

Lookat the dates. also are you saying Cucurella isn't as good a player as those??? We said we would sell at a reasonable value and £50m is You say it would put him behind those players at cost Well 3 of those players in Cancelo Mendy and Walker you paid for.
I'm saying there is a smaller pool of info when it comes to Cucurella as in truth he's only had a few top flight seasons

So yes, I'd say that he's not as good a player as Walker or Cancelo, based off everything they did in football up to the point they got purchased compared to him

Also you are, without disrespect, a much smaller club than the teams we bought them off of. You're a good team, I like the way you play, but you're a lower table club, maybe mid-table but you haven't quite shown consistent levels to achieve that

You can value him at £50mil no issues, but we obviously don't and you look at it then it doesn't really stack up

Think we should go above £40mil but we shouldn't be just jumping in at exactly what you rate him, that makes no sense and if every transfer was like that we wouldn't have any transfer news we'd just get transfers as they be done instantly

I think he will go to you now.I think it will be £45 plus 5 add ons or a player a like McAtee with £40m cash. I don't think it will be much below 50. You paid £40m for Ake from Bournemouth, and this season you paid £45m for Phillips. £30m is an insult and these two players are good examples why we are not being out of order.

If you haven't noticed, most here don't think the price of 45-50m is out of order. I think the comparisons are pointless though, for a start both Ake and Philips are home grown players, which always comes with a premium.

The one I actually wanted to pick up on was McAtee, no way is he valued at only 10m. He signed a new long term contract in February. Less promising players with less time on contract went for 15m+ this summer. All moot as I think the club have zero intention of letting him go anywhere.

Btw, I don't believe the 30m bid headlines myself, and noticed a few others saying the same. This either gets done around that 45m bracket or it doesn't at all. Both clubs know that and doubt thet are wasting time with pointless bids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.