Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't noticed, most here don't think the price of 45-50m is out of order. I think the comparisons are pointless though, for a start both Ake and Philips are home grown players, which always comes with a premium.

The one I actually wanted to pick up on was McAtee, no way is he valued at only 10m. He signed a new long term contract in February. Less promising players with less time on contract went for 15m+ this summer. All moot as I think the club have zero intention of letting him go anywhere.

Btw, I don't believe the 30m bid headlines myself, and noticed a few others saying the same. This either gets done around that 45m bracket or it doesn't at all. Bith clubs know that and doubt thet are wasting time with pointless bids.
The comparisons are definetly pointless, united paid 80 odd million for maguire and he's an absolute pile of shit

We didn't reject an £8m offer from you, City denied it, wasn't even remotely true.

McAtee had offers from United and Liverpool to join on a free transfer just six months ago, so why the fuck do you think he would contemplate a move to Brighton?

City turned down £20m plus from Southampton for Liam Delap just a month ago, so your derisory valuation of McAtee, considered one of the best young players in the country at his age, is amusing.
I'm surprised to hear we rejected an offer of 20m+ for Delap.

I would've thought we'd have snapped their hands off.

Aren’t there anymore EDS which we are letting go of that could be a makeweight in a deal. Surely we have others we are looking to move on

I'm surprised to hear we rejected an offer of 20m+ for Delap.

I would've thought we'd have snapped their hands off.

They paid £13m for a goalkeeper who had never touched a ball for us.

Delap is very highly rated and not just by us.

Thankfully, sounds like Vinny will take him on loan and we can keep him close and recall him if needs be.

We didn't reject an £8m offer from you, City denied it, wasn't even remotely true.

McAtee had offers from United and Liverpool to join on a free transfer just six months ago, so why the fuck do you think he would contemplate a move to Brighton?

City turned down £20m plus from Southampton for Liam Delap just a month ago, so your derisory valuation of McAtee, considered one of the best young players in the country at his age, is amusing.
Off topic but surprised we turned that down, unless they were trying to pay us in rubles or Barcelona equity.

Not a knock on Delap who clearly has loads of potential, but that's a hefty fee for a player with some injury concerns, who hasn't broken into the first team and seems blocked from gametime with Haaland/Alvarez coming in. Realistically that fee can't really go up... right?

I on purpose put those dates in so all this they were more experienced can be dispelled. Unless you are saying £50m 4/5 years ago is the same today.
I dont think if we signed any of those players now (from the position we bought them from not the players they are today) we’d pay any more than those fees no.

My main point though is that no player really has a true value. Theres a value to buyer and seller and theyre never the same. If brighton want £50m+ thats their right to ask for it. If city bids £40m (for example) thats their right to offer it (and its not derisory). If theres no flexibility shown on either side and the transfer doesnt happen, then city moves on but the player doesnt and managing that player through that can be a challenge.

Off topic but surprised we turned that down, unless they were trying to pay us in rubles or Barcelona equity.

Not a knock on Delap who clearly has loads of potential, but that's a hefty fee for a player with some injury concerns, who hasn't broken into the first team and seems blocked from gametime with Haaland/Alvarez coming in. Realistically that fee can't really go up... right?

We have him signed to a new long-term contract and the club retain plenty of faith he will be a top player.

Would be unfair to pigeon hole injury concerns, just unlucky last year.

If he goes to Burnley and gets them up, his price only increases.

It should of started at close to £40m. If you don't want to pay very close to £50m you should have left us alone. He made it clear he couldn't turn you down, we made it clear that we wouldn't stand in his way if a reasonable offer came in.

You have history of paying around £50m for defensive players. You even paid £45m for a similar quality player this very transfer window. But you are dealing with little old Brighton so you thought the offer should reflect that and we should be grateful in doubling our money in a 12 month period.
To be honest I think he's crap. He'll weaken our defence if we sign him as his positional play is horrific. He's much better suited to Brighton, had one good season and you think he's Roberto Carlos.

Please.

We can do much better than him and for cheaper, sick of these two bob bit clubs seeing pound signs in their eyes when we come calling. He isn't worth 50m, that is absolutely hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.