Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why a lot of the seaside flock are moaning about our opening bid as £30m is definitely a reasonable offer it's just the opener far from disrespectful, doesn't mean that's the fee we expect to sign him for it's just a way of testing the waters and if BHA want £50m anyone offering more than £35m as an opening bid without a release fee are morons, both clubs are bartering right now and if you're seriously offended that we've offered £30m as an opening bid you need to give your head a proper shake.

Most here don't want us to reach £50m offers for him but I couldn't care less as long as he's right for us and Pep's first choice then whatever package gets agreed below £55m is fine by me, but for us to show our hand with an opening bid of £40m would show weakness that we're mugs ready to be taken over a barrel and then possibly lead to greediness on your (or any clubs) end, no team goes all in first time round we've done everything above board no different to how you've signed some of your players from teams in a less privileged position with a nothing opening bid that won't get accepted before your real bid comes out, so whatever we pay we pay and if you get your £50m then fair play spend it well but Ben White isn't a comparison either he's English and homegrown that on it's own massively inflated his fee, maybe you think this bid for Cucurella is a laughable one but the reality of this is we're just laying down a marker publicly so don't get your keks or speedo's in a twist.

When you really think about it without release clauses a club very rarely thinks their very first offer will be accepted we're just making our intentions clear we're interested with bid one... so don't be so irritated by it go for a walk on the beach, have a friendly wave at Chris Eubank if you're lucky to see that famous Brighton based hero you all supposedly love, then relax breathe the air in from the pier and gander at the sea while spying upon horizon from afar knowing full well that you're doing alright as a club.

Last edited:
52 for Mendy. As bad a left back as i have seen.
You have to remember at the time (2017) he was regarded as one of the best attacking fullbacks in the world after having two stellar seasons at Monaco. So £50M was a fair price.

He got seriously injured 4 weeks after his debut and never fully recovered and then all the off field stuff came out. The club couldn't predicated that

You do have the right to negotiate but surely the first bid should be the lowest fee you expect to be accepted otherwise whats the point of offering it??
I think this forum has had enough of you spouting the same fucking shite hour after hour..If it happens it happens..go back to your own site and discuss what happens when Potter leaves and you are back in the Championship where you belong.

They paid £13m for a goalkeeper who had never touched a ball for us.

Delap is very highly rated and not just by us.

Thankfully, sounds like Vinny will take him on loan and we can keep him close and recall him if needs be.

Would rather see him sold to a PL team for 15m+ myself, with a buy-back thrown in.

Can see this one being the Kane saga of this window
biggest difference to that saga is that Brighton are open to the sale and according to that Argus article posted a few pages back we are still negotiating with Brighton and have a good relationship with them. Levy wouldn’t even entertain selling Kane.

Im pretty confident it will get done eventually

I don't know a single thing about player negociatons but every other multi million deal I know of is conducted secretly face to face.
Not saying it does not happen but unless either side won't answer the phone I cannot see the sense in telling the media or a non negociater a single thing about details of such a massive financial undertaking.

Am I naive?

This will get done around £40m I reckon - similar to Ake.

I have no issue with Brighton (or any other team) sticking to their guns on the valuation, that is their right and its up to us to make an acceptable offer.

I am more surprised we let Zinchenko go first for a low fee in my opinion (I think he is worth at least £40m in today's market) and weaken our position in terms of a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.