Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find the fury and indignation of Brighton fans over this a bit odd. In the last couple of years BHAFC have had clubs coming and wanting to pay huge money for players, Arsenal, Spurs and now us. It is testament to how good the youth development and recruitment has been and the progress of the club. Sell or don’t, your choice, but take it as a compliment and settle down.
It is a compliment but we have to hold our own.

I don't think it's a lowball offer, they paid £15m for him less than a year ago. That's a 100% return and in any walk of life that has to considered great business.

But i agree, if they want over £50m, that would be a huge gamble on our part.

The lad has had one season in the PL, his form could've been a fluke, maybe not, but he wasn't considered good enough for Barcelona.

Especially on Ebay. Making double your money in a year on a 2nd item.

Thats the thing Cucurella isn't about Value. Haaland you signed for his buy out clause, Leeds needed to sell. We don't need to sell.

I have seen that you are now open to selling Mcatee. We really wanted him and you turned down an 8M offer from us last year. I can see you slapping a £20m value on him (not a value signing then like Cucurella to you). I can see a deal evolving round them two where you sting us and we sting you.

On an aside I looked up the highest fee received for a player from a league 1 club. Depending on who you believe it seems to be £11m for Lookman from Charlton to Everton. You sold Bazunu for £15m to Southampton. The highest level he had played domestically was league 1. That Man City tax works both ways.
I don’t know where you’ve seen that the club wants to sell McAtee but as far as city journos go all the talk is of him being closer to the first team next year

As for Bazunu and his price tag you can say that he’sa league one player but he’s young and on loan from a premier league club so he’s not going to be sold as cheap as league one player would be. Add to the the fact he’s also an established international and there’s a reason he’s gone for the price he has. If it was Trafford (on loan at Bolton) you were talking about then that might make a bit more sense.

I like Cucurella but not sure he’s worth £50m that Brighton want. Your clubs more than entitled to demand what they value him at but city are also entitled to walk away and get another option.

Thats not what is doing the rounds now. Funny how the player we wanted is suddenly open for offers, this could be the aving face part everyone talks about.

Not happening mate.

You might get him on loan, but there’s no way we’ll be letting him leave on a permanent deal.

If you’re reading that anywhere - you need to get better sources for your information!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.