Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browsing transfermarket it does seem that 30m is a bit of a lowball. Aside from the two fullbacks that we paid 50m for Hakimi moved for 59m last summer, along with Chilwell for 45m, Wan-Bissaka for 49.5m and Ferland Mendy for 43m in previous seasons. 45-50m seems basically correct.

I’m not sure why Brighton would settle for less considering how much we’ve done in sales this summer and the fact that he’s obviously our first choice.

Agree that it's not exactly negotiation 101 is it. Good examples from the market there too. Maybe they think they can get the second choices for that and there's not much difference, I dunno.

A bit frustrating cos all the leaks in the press have been 'City don't want to pay more than £50m' and 'Brighton won't accept less than £50m' ... so it *seemed* simple but looks like it's gonna drag.

Reactions: cjn
I believe he wants to join you. He will be very happy and all that. But he is not showing he is desperately unhappy to stay. People talk about player power, he isn't showing that yet.

Think that’s right… he’d probably prefer a move but he knows he may have to stay - he might be annoyed at some point that he’s been priced out of a move but I’m sure his agent will knock on Blooms door and ask for the wage of a £50m player rather than a £15m one.

I do find the fury and indignation of Brighton fans over this a bit odd. In the last couple of years BHAFC have had clubs coming and wanting to pay huge money for players, Arsenal, Spurs and now us. It is testament to how good the youth development and recruitment has been and the progress of the club. Sell or don’t, your choice, but take it as a compliment and settle down.

Peps already got his top 3 targets and only 1 was over 50mil. Englands current player of the year and arguably Leeds best player was 42 mil with 3 mil add ons, haaland was 51mil and alvarez was 14 mil all three are quality signing and represent good value. Pep is the best manager he will provide a list of 3-7 targets for each position and the board will do the best deal for the club and pep knows the club has done its best and work with what he has. As I said Cucurella could be worth 50mil to you but alot less to us its all about perspective.
Thats the thing Cucurella isn't about Value. Haaland you signed for his buy out clause, Leeds needed to sell. We don't need to sell.

I have seen that you are now open to selling Mcatee. We really wanted him and you turned down an 8M offer from us last year. I can see you slapping a £20m value on him (not a value signing then like Cucurella to you). I can see a deal evolving round them two where you sting us and we sting you.

On an aside I looked up the highest fee received for a player from a league 1 club. Depending on who you believe it seems to be £11m for Lookman from Charlton to Everton. You sold Bazunu for £15m to Southampton. The highest level he had played domestically was league 1. That Man City tax works both ways.

Agree that it's not exactly negotiation 101 is it. Good examples from the market there too. Maybe they think they can get the second choices for that and there's not much difference, I dunno.

A bit frustrating cos all the leaks in the press have been 'City don't want to pay more than £50m' and 'Brighton won't accept less than £50m' ... so it *seemed* simple but looks like it's gonna drag.
Right, or maybe they just want to keep the player and try and win some games. He's on a long deal and looks happy enough to me. Their valuation seems reasonable.

Thats the thing Cucurella isn't about Value. Haaland you signed for his buy out clause, Leeds needed to sell. We don't need to sell.

I have seen that you are now open to selling Mcatee. We really wanted him and you turned down an 8M offer from us last year. I can see you slapping a £20m value on him (not a value signing then like Cucurella to you). I can see a deal evolving round them two where you sting us and we sting you.

On an aside I looked up the highest fee received for a player from a league 1 club. Depending on who you believe it seems to be £11m for Lookman from Charlton to Everton. You sold Bazunu for £15m to Southampton. The highest level he had played domestically was league 1. That Man City tax works both ways.
We won't sell McAtee.

Think that’s right… he’d probably prefer a move but he knows he may have to stay - he might be annoyed at some point that he’s been priced out of a move but I’m sure his agent will knock on Blooms door and ask for the wage of a £50m player rather than a £15m one.
We are in negotiations for a new contract, so I would guess it has already started. We have been here before with Ben White. He stayed for another year and we got our fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.