Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zinny is a very good player, but I do think Cucurella just is a better fullback and fit for that LB spot. I want Zinny to stay regardless
Fair enough. Many said the same about Angelino. He came, he saw, and he moved on. And he is a Champions league caliber Leftback.

Too many underestimate how good Zinchencko is.

On the money. He’s always the weak link opposition try to exploit. He’s not a left back and never will be but he’s done a great job covering for a number of years.
Yeah, thanks for that, but we have to develop and we have to sign a proper player in a proper position.

Fair enough. Many said the same about Angelino. He came, he saw, and he moved on. And he is a Champions league caliber Leftback.

Angelino is a typical wing-back, who is only good when is playing in the 1-3-5-2 system. Zinchenko is NOT A LEFT-BACK, he is used only because of the lack of proper options and many of his games were successful. But he is not a top option, not a long-term option, but the club has counted so many years on Mendy and they have used right-back like Cancelo to cover this position. We need more pace and more energy in this position. Sorry. Cancelo and Cucurella will be our future fullbacks.

Angelino was, is and will never be of the required standard. Defensively exposed in a back 4 and certainly not of the quality to play regualrly for us.
People sometimes judge players with a loyal affection because they came through the junior ranks. If that was the case our defence could easily include angelino, mafeo and tosin.
Zinchenko is not the permanent answer due to his lack of defensive awareness but he suits us as a fill in better than angelino ever would due to his passing, movement and use of the ball.
That said I would still like an actual left back for the first time in many years.

Cucurella improves that left hand side considerably. He’s very good defensively and very good offensively. Top 3 left backs in the league last season
Yeah, I'm happy that he could join, I have much more questions about Kalvin Phillips, to be honest, but I'm pretty sure that Cucurella would be a nice move.

Can already see him coming in, doing well then Barca tapping him up as Alba's replacement

This is my only concern now when signing players, how do we know they won't fuck off as soon as the biggest club from their homeland wants them? Happened three times now (albeit one of those I'm pretty sure we were desperate to get rid after realising he wasn't as good as we'd thought).

This is my only concern now when signing players, how do we know they won't fuck off as soon as the biggest club from their homeland wants them? Happened three times now (albeit one of those I'm pretty sure we were desperate to get rid after realising he wasn't as good as we'd thought).
Alba is 34 this season, they need his replacement now. They have a target list of 10 so far this season alone, the market is pretty full of em right now.

I can name 4 left backs from La Masia that are on the market from other clubs.

Yeah - it’s a concern, for sure.

Like you, my impression is we were desperate to get rid of Torres (I can recall some comments on here from people close up the club about his drinking, and the fact he was really struggling psychologically with being away from home during lockdown - which is entirely understandable for a kid his age).

When Barca came in with a decent offer I don’t think we could believe our luck, and were almost too obviously delighted to facilitate it.

Sane and Garcia we clearly wanted to keep, but the pull of going back home was too strong for them both.

That said - if Cucurella is playing week in week out, and we make sure he’s committed on a decent contract with us, it’ll cost Barca if they do want to sign him down the line.

And given their finances, they’re unlikely to be in a position to afford it for a few years yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.