Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
A legend in his own lunchtime, indeed, but two can play that game.
Just as he has a right to ask whatever price he wants for his player, City are under no obligation to pay what he is asking.
If City feel he is overvalued then we will walk away ala Kane.
No biggie.
I think most people would think the £50m valuation is a bit high for a player signed for £15m a season ago, but it's Brighton's right to value him at whatever they want. However, they also need to consider the bigger picture - if we walk away, they may have an unhappy player, but he'll get over it and if he has another good season, someone will probably meet that valuation. But their business model is to buy, develop and sell players. Agents aren't going to want their players stuck at Brighton on relatively low wages, so will either insist on buy out clauses at lower than Brighton could probably have got or they'll just find another club for their player.

I still think this gets done for around £40m with add-ons to take it to about £45m, but as we saw with Dias, things can change at other clubs and another option we thought was too expensive previously could suddenly become available. Letting this drag on increases the risk for Brighton of not selling him, but also that we do finally crack but not leaving them time to get a suitable replacement.

Don’t think it matters either way, Brighton will push the fee as high as they can , we’ll pay or look elsewhere. Those figures don’t change just because Zinchenko deal is done first.
Like Liverpool selling Torres for £50m and buying Carrol for £35? We have shown our cards and need to buy, if there were multiple options for around the same price and quality it wouldn't make a difference, but there isn't.

rodri is an atletico guy afaik. so, not too keen on moving to real or barça, in theory at least. Cucu was born and raised at barça
Mate I mean this respectfully but who the fuck cares ffs. This is a load of shit. Who even knows if he becomes a city player

I've never been the wait till you buy a replacement to sell your player kinda guy. I don't think it matters. Zinch was ready, Arsenal be was ready to pay. You do the deal.

One is unrelated to the other. Imho
Totally unrelated. For those who haven't figured it out yet JWE is Zinchenko's replacement.
If they're not comfortable with that it could be Sosa or Grimaldo replacing Zin.

Cucurella is its own transaction, not related to Zinchenko's departure. Its a deferred move to replace Mendy. If anyone is struggling with their memory here's a reminder that when healthy Mendy was Pep's first choice LB. Not Zin and not Cancelo.

Like Liverpool selling Torres for £50m and buying Carrol for £35? We have shown our cards and need to buy, if there were multiple options for around the same price and quality it wouldn't make a difference, but there isn't.
No because we will have a figure we will walk away at they will have a figure they will accept. They apparently wanted £50 mill a month ago they apparently still want £50 mill it hasn’t gone up because we sold Zinchenko. If it had we’d have walked away by now.
What will impact the figure more may be the transfer request.

I’m still not sure Bloom budges. The difference now is that he is risking the negative PR of turning down a 300% increase (when they say they they will let players go if they get a reasonable offer) AND the player has offered, by way of a written transfer request, to waive his own money. The relationship between Cucu and the Brighton fans won’t be the same now.

Anyone looking to join Brighton looks at that and says no thanks or insists on a release clause going forward.

I think Bloom will still turn City down, but now I think he would be making the mistake rather than City. Happy to be wrong and I really didn’t think Cucu would put in a transfer request.

At least this is moving now.

I don’t know. I like Cucu but I like Raum and Nouri at Wolves a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.