Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would like McAtee on loan to sweeten the pot, but wouldn't object to Delap either.
If we’re contemplating letting Delap and Mcatee go on loan doesn’t that mean we struggle see to where they fit in to the squad?

Feels like Palmer is the only academy player we’re not sanctioning a loan for. I guess he is the only one we are quite sure will make it at city.

That'd be perfect. Think someone like Welbeck who's been around the block could be beneficial to Delap.

Reckon so myself any experienced head can be beneficial especially one who lived through hype like Welbeck it might help keep Delap's feet to the ground and knuckle down more, should he becone bigheaded while out on a loan somewhere else not that I'm sure he will but he could strike up a friendly rivaly, wouldn't say Liam's had to much completion with a lack of proper striker's here so even just having a running mate of sorts someone else he can compare to in his mind might help him wanna prove himself more.

There's a lot worse places for our youngsters to get first-team experience than Brighton. Love the way they play, personally. Think Potter is really underrated.

As long as our youths get enough football that's the main thing for me we'd need them at clubs where they're gonna get good minutes and game time, Liam I've no doubt will if injury free but James might not find it as easy at Brighton they have established midfielders they pick often, maybe someone is leaving or left? Just it took that Caicedo who looks alright a year to be given a proper chance after signing, we know McAtee should get good game time based on his quality wherever we send but I'm a bit worried BHA could prioritise their own over him.

If we’re contemplating letting Delap and Mcatee go on loan doesn’t that mean we struggle see to where they fit in to the squad?

Feels like Palmer is the only academy player we’re not sanctioning a loan for. I guess he is the only one we are quite sure will make it at city.

Less players currently in the path of Palmer.

Guess so, but I would argue that it’s been designed that way. No renewal of Mahrez’s contract and no replacement being talked about.

It’s the same situation as Foden’s a few seasons ago.
Yes, but with Gudogan and KDB s ages and uncertainty about Bernardo long term a good loan could see a spot opening up for Mcatee after this season, where if he stays this game time would be an issue.
Delap I'm not sure whther there is a long term future with us now we have Haaland for the forseeable.

Last edited:
A link up with BHA and Potter makes perfect sense. Potter is comfortably the best young home based manager/coach in the home leagues and could well have a role in CFG - and possibly City! - in the near future.

Brighton could be a very useful move for McAtee. Probably losing Bissouma, Lallana is turning 34. They play a back 3 most often though not sure if they use him in the front 343 or in the middle of a 352.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.